Loss Of PvE!?!? & WoW 2!!??

85 Human Paladin
02/16/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Zarhym
*Referring to the usage of the word in the OP's post, which I presume is defined as someone who should be too young to figure out how a WoW class is successfully played.

No disrespect meant to anyone but I've played with "adults" that fit this definition.
70 Dwarf Rogue
02/16/2012 02:01 PMPosted by Ironicirony
I'm sure your kid could press buttons and make a talent build under the current system too. That doesn't mean it's going to be optimal, or even viable. This type of feedback isn't very interesting or useful.

Nota bene: I am excited for Mists of Pandaria and, at the risk of sounding like a Blizzard fanboy, agree with essentially every design direction that GC and others have elucidated thus far.

Nonetheless, Zarhym, isn't the entire point of the MoP talent system that, for most practical purposes, optimal or viable specs will no longer exist? Shouldn't this hypothetical "kid" be ideally able to randomly press buttons and come up with a viable talent load-out which only differs from others in subjective "fun value"?

That's what I was thinking when I read that. I sure hope I pick the viable spec.
47 Undead Mage
02/16/2012 02:01 PMPosted by Withering
OP just got Zarhym'd.
20 Orc Warlock
02/16/2012 03:07 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Just because it entertains certain elements of the populace doesn't make it the thing to do.

They're an entertainment company. Why shouldn't other aspects of customer interaction besides the game itself be entertaining? If it detracted from their primary function that would be one thing, but I don't see that here. They are providing information but also doing so in an amusing way.
85 Orc Warrior
02/16/2012 02:31 PMPosted by Zarhym
^ I just typed and posted those words right up there.

LOL, <3 Zarhym

02/16/2012 02:45 PMPosted by Zarhym
There are some subjects we just can't talk a lot about at certain times, like... say, a month before an expansion's major press tour is going to happen. :)

Hmmmm, do I smell the unmistakable aroma of an obvious hint???

I think what most people fail to realize how much more present Blizzard is in their forums than other game publishers are with theirs. I take comfort in knowing they respond to these small, obscure forums, because that means the bigger and more constructive forums are definitely being noticed, even if there has not been a response from Blizzard. Personally, I would like to see more blue posts, but considering the alternatives I think Blizzard is doing a pretty good job here in the forums.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
02/16/2012 01:56 PMPosted by Zarhym
talking with allot of fellow Pver's and there has been allot of talk that blizz is going to reduce the amount of pve in the next expansion...

We've never quantified the amount of content coming in Mists of Pandaria, much less stated we plan to produce less content in the next expansion than we have in previous expansions. We've mentioned adding a few PvE gameplay elements in Mists.

No Offense there Zar but as I read this, I could see your avatar reading from right to left along with me, and say "Blah Blah Blah Blah, Blah"... it was too much :)

It has to be intended (I am sure others have said this, and I am just slow)
90 Undead Warlock
Hi Zarhym,

Wouldn't it be ok to focus on improving PvP a bit? Your posts are clearly intended to prevent misinformation from spreading, which I get. But you take an almost apologetic or defensive tone toward the suggestion that PvP might have more importance in Mists.

By contrast, customers have been observing since Vanilla that PvP is treated as the red-headed stepchild in this game, and I don't see the same kind of assurances being given about that half of the game.
86 Dwarf Hunter
02/16/2012 02:45 PMPosted by Zarhym
There are some subjects we just can't talk a lot about at certain times, like... say, a month before an expansion's major press tour is going to happen. :)

AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!! D:
90 Human Paladin
I swear the people complaining about the new talent tree have no idea what they've been doing since day one.

up until now you have truly had no choice in what to pick now that you can choose some of the things to add to your toon that isnt game breaking you people cry stop and look at what your whineing about.

There will be no more blameing peoples choices in there talent trees they remvoed the need to waste time and just give you your Core ablities so all toons of that spec well have the spells an ablities they should have the new talent trees offer a player the chance to make themselves diffrent then the rest there is no right choice on those and thats what the talent trees were suppost to be about in the frist place Choice.
Posted by Sweetestmya
on that note there has also been talk of a world of warcraft 2, hmm now this sounds like a good idea with a great focus on PvE wouldnt this help solve everyones PvP / PvE problems?

I'm not sure I understand how the solution to the fabricated problem of a lack of PvE content -- in an expansion you haven't played yet -- is to make a completely new game. We're focused on developing additional expansion content for World of Warcraft, not designing a sequel to the first title

@highlighted bit...

well... yeah... based on this expansion compared to previous ones... you(blizzard) have released FAR less content then any expansion...

so of course you should expect some hesitancy to believe that you will change anything for the upcoming expansion.

No, the point of gear with no stats is not to make players equal. IN ADDITION to the PvE gear progression you typically see in dungeon and raid tiers, in Mists we're adding PvE Challenges to award cosmetic-only sets. These sets aren't meant to replace items/sets from dungeons and raids that increase your character's power. They're meant to be hard to get, entirely optional, and another way for characters to distinguish themselves from others through their accomplishments.

Will you be selling better looking versions in the Blizzard store?

3 mounts, maybe half a dozen pets, over the last few years. Get. Over . It.
90 Troll Shaman
well... yeah... based on this expansion compared to previous ones... you(blizzard) have released FAR less content then any expansion...

Only if you completely ignore the 1-60 revamp.
85 Draenei Paladin

so of course you should expect some hesitancy to believe that you will change anything for the upcoming expansion.
False bro. And that isn't even an opinion.

What you meant to say was that blizz has given us far less max level content than previously.

The way Blizz sees it. cata gave us 1-60+80-85 content. that is a whole lot of stuff to do. You may see it as just 80-85 but that would be pretending 1-60 and the whole world didn't get revamped. Also, blizz already stated that they consider 1-60 as content so by their basis they gave us the most overall content they ever have since vanilla.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]