4.3.4 Suggested PvP Changes:

94 Tauren Druid
02/20/2012 11:52 PMPosted by Corpseicle
You do, however, play with a rogue :P. I'm just trying to say none of us are removed of bias.

Oh no, that's just a trade channel team. I don't have any active teams with this character right now.
I'm currently playing Disc/Dk, Disc/Dk/Ret
(I'm the disc)

edit:
I did play with a rogue in S9 to 2k/2k... so I'm aware of how integral it is to the rogue meta-game. And I agree with your assessment. I just think so long as there's a sufficient time frame between smoke bombs (and I'm thinking trinket time frames), it adds an interesting element to the strategy.

I even think so as a healer.
Edited by Clay on 2/21/2012 1:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I like virtually all of the suggestions. Well done.
Reply Quote
02/20/2012 11:35 AMPosted by Corpseicle
• Hamstring now reduces movement speed by 70%, up from 50%.

I wasn't sure you were trolling until I read this.

Well done, sir!

8/10
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
WISHLIST:

- 10% passive damage mitigation for Resto Druids, or a 120% armor buff.
- Lifebloom no longer stacks - a single cast is sufficient.
- Regrowth heals for twice as much.

Any of these alone would be sufficient.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight

- 10% passive damage mitigation for Resto Druids, or a 120% armor buff.

• Nature's Ward will now apply at 35% health, down from 50% health, and in addition to applying Rejuvenate it will instantly heal you for 20% of your maximum health. This heal effect cannot occur more than once per minute. In addition, it will now reduce all damage taken by 5/10%.

Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
02/20/2012 11:35 AMPosted by Corpseicle
• All set-bonuses, procs, and on-use effects on gear received anywhere but from Honor or Conquest vendors will no longer function in arena. (Maybe?)

This would be amazing and the single biggest change to pvp that would make pvp so much more balanced.
Reply Quote
Have we all forgotten about Feral Druids? You don't have any suggestions for them? I think at least Feral Bear Form needs a bit of a nerf.. its too much.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Best change would be remove dodge gains from agility, Rogues and feral druids no longer need to have 35-50% dodge rates from a base dps stat, to fix it for bear tanks, just add in a modifier that doesn't function in pvp somehow

and kapow bear form survival fixed.
Reply Quote
Feral Arena representation SOARS to almost 3% and the arena boards start calling for nerfs.

In other news, Warrior representation drops to an all-time low at 7% leading many to call for "much needed" Warrior buffs. Full story at eleven.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
More Mage nerfs.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
02/21/2012 11:28 AMPosted by Badambi
Have we all forgotten about Feral Druids? You don't have any suggestions for them? I think at least Feral Bear Form needs a bit of a nerf.. its too much.

I've been thinking about nerfing passive bear survivability for melee without directly nerfing Bear Tanking. I've always been thinking of a way to nerf instant Cyclone.

Best change would be remove dodge gains from agility, Rogues and feral druids no longer need to have 35-50% dodge rates from a base dps stat, to fix it for bear tanks, just add in a modifier that doesn't function in pvp somehow

and kapow bear form survival fixed.

This is actually a really good point. If a Rogue dodges my Gnaw one more time (from an AI that's supposed to be behind the target at all times) I'm going to put my fist through my screen.

Edit: Also, Hunters for some reason don't get the benefit from this. They have some sort of negative dodge mechanic. I think it'd be good for balance. The question is how to make it not affect Bear tanks.
Edited by Corpseicle on 2/21/2012 1:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
94 Tauren Druid
I think the vengeance nerf is probably going to pan out to be a sufficient nerf to bear PvP (it is also a mitigation nerf, btw). I would give that another month or two to see if that did the trick.

As far as nerfing instant cyclone. That utility it gives is really needed for ferals to be competitive right now. And I honestly, when playing against it, I don't find it to be that difficult to counter. What I really think with cyclone is that it's over-used and over-encouraged. Ferals need roughly that much utility to remain competitive. I think they need something *else* enticing to spend their instant casts on. For each one of these other things that are cast, it's one less cyclone which will be cast. I think something like: 3-stack of lifebloom would be just enticing enough to drastically reduce the amount of cyclones that are going out.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Everything you said and the dodge nerf

inb4 rogue qq Avoidance>Armor, its just silly that hunters, and shamans dont benefit from agi when they do. Also why doesnt strength scale with parry.
Reply Quote
I disagree with smoke bomb removing spirit link I think that that is fair, I am fine with the rest of the changes. Your idea for how to solve the PvE issue is great. I can't remember if you said this or not but trinkets and such should only not work in RBGs and arena. Since a lot of players in random bgs are still gearing you can't completely screw them over by removing the buffs. However and this is coming from a rogue (dagger proc and vial) PvE procs and gear should be entirely removed from rated PvP
Reply Quote
As far as nerfing instant cyclone. That utility it gives is really needed for ferals to be competitive right now. And I honestly, when playing against it, I don't find it to be that difficult to counter. What I really think with cyclone is that it's over-used and over-encouraged. Ferals need roughly that much utility to remain competitive. I think they need something *else* enticing to spend their instant casts on. For each one of these other things that are cast, it's one less cyclone which will be cast. I think something like: 3-stack of lifebloom would be just enticing enough to drastically reduce the amount of cyclones that are going out.

They could make us like Ret Pallies and allow our instant-casts to be used on Healing Touches instead, but it's just not worth it to get up 5cps, drop a finisher, and then get our utility heal that crits for 15k...

Cyclone is fine; all 12 gladiator Ferals will still be behind the 15-20 gladiator warriors who are complaining about being underpowered.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
They could make us like Ret Pallies and allow our instant-casts to be used on Healing Touches instead, but it's just not worth it to get up 5cps, drop a finisher, and then get our utility heal that crits for 15k...

Cyclone is fine; all 12 gladiator Ferals will still be behind the 15-20 gladiator warriors who are complaining about being underpowered.

Try leaving emotion out, also I don't honestly think feral druids would ever use Healing touch Over a cyclone unless healing touch did a 100% heal, instant cyclone is clutch for peels and kills.

Warriors are by a long shot less viable than ferals, does it mean I am wanting nerfs for no reason, no...

nerfing dodge gains from agility is a fairly passive and tame option, and should have been done ages ago, if you would prefer, we could bump up parry gains from str to 4x what they are now so that DK's and Warriors can run around with 35-40% parry at all times, then we can see the constant rogue/feral complaints stream in.

Feral survivability in bear is definitely too high, cyclone use is a bit too simple (though if they did the agility > dodge change, I probably wouldn't care about insta clones)
Reply Quote
02/21/2012 02:05 PMPosted by Pestilent
nerfing dodge gains from agility is a fairly passive and tame option, and should have been done ages ago, if you would prefer, we could bump up parry gains from str to 4x what they are now so that DK's and Warriors can run around with 35-40% parry at all times, then we can see the constant rogue/feral complaints stream in.

In Cat Form I have basically 30% dodge and 32% DR from armor.

You have 47% DR from armor, 5% dodge and almost 14% parry. You get an extra 17% damage reduction against physical hits at all times while we get an extra 11% melee reduction at all times (remember, we can't dodge Hunters but you can soak their damage).

Physical vs. physical, you have more reduction, albeit less binary reduction; try attacking from behind instead of QQ'ing from the front.
Edited by Reygahnci on 2/21/2012 2:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
02/21/2012 01:46 PMPosted by Hattrix
I disagree with smoke bomb removing spirit link I think that that is fair, I am fine with the rest of the changes. Your idea for how to solve the PvE issue is great. I can't remember if you said this or not but trinkets and such should only not work in RBGs and arena. Since a lot of players in random bgs are still gearing you can't completely screw them over by removing the buffs. However and this is coming from a rogue (dagger proc and vial) PvE procs and gear should be entirely removed from rated PvP

Hey, I'm an Unholy DK with a Normal Gurthalak and Bone Link Fetish. I don't think anyone with these weapons doesn't think they need to be removed.

In Cat Form I have basically 30% dodge and 32% DR from armor.

You have 47% DR from armor, 5% dodge and almost 14% parry. You get an extra 17% damage reduction against physical hits at all times while we get an extra 11% melee reduction at all times (remember, we can't dodge Hunters but you can soak their damage).

Physical vs. physical, you have more reduction, albeit less binary reduction; try attacking from behind instead of QQ'ing from the front.

What kind of armor do you have in bear form? You also have 25% dodge, +what you gain from talents (+6% from Natural Reaction, for example) and Nurturing Instinct. I think Feral survivability in cat form, and Bear form with CD's popped, is fine, I think Feral's passive melee mitigation in Bear Form is too powerful. And 'attack from behind' is not really an argument when you have +30% running speed and multiple ways of getting behind opponents. Even if we had to buff other survivability tools to compensate, the dodge route is clunky and bad design.

I'd say make cyclones cast via Predator's Swiftness are dispellable. The survivability in bear I'll have to think about, as I really don't want Bear Tanks to be hurt in the collateral.

I made instant-clone dispellable. I was thinking about doing it to Cyclone in general, but don't think it would really be fair to the other specs. I also removed the Spirit Link no longer broken by Smokebomb, as Restoration Shamans are powerful enough as is and it didn't seem to well received.
Edited by Corpseicle on 2/21/2012 3:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Pretty sure you stole this off my http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3881880095
>.>

Most of the ideas are solid though.

*Edit* Looking back at that, surprisingly a lot of the things I posted happened :D O.o
Edited by Nahjx on 2/21/2012 3:21 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]