Playing with Blues?

90 Tauren Hunter
Hey Zarhym. I'm glad to see that you guys can enjoy getting involved as well. Hopefully it doesn't get too awkward for you when it comes to poor sportsmanship from others or flat out rudeness.

A follow up question: Do you as blues allow yourselves to immerse to the point of joining guilds? Of course, I'd assume no one would know your true identity, but it's an interesting thought, certainly.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd be more curious about any addons they use. Are they running Recount, salavating over their dps numbers with that 100% crit buff? Is DBM telling them to get out of the bad?

In my mind, I know they are normal people like us, but like it or not, we all hold them above us and would probably be shocked if they weren't leading the dps or died to the bad. It's best we don't know when they are with us. Could you imagine the uproar on the forums if they were known in a PUG and made the slightest mistake? The trolls would have thought Christmas came twice in a year!

That being said, I'd still want to know! =p
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
02/22/2012 07:00 AMPosted by Zarhym
I've been spending some time here and there the last few weeks gearing up my goblin death knight via Dungeon Finder so he can experience Dragon Soul before Mists arrives.

One day I shall find that goblin death knight of yours run up give you a hug and run off giggling......following the tank of course cause I have to heal >.>
Reply Quote
i know one gm personally on my realm (who has helped get my ticket for hacking through faster) and i have also run into a gm, playing a fellow mage, through lfr that, after having a tank repeatedly tanking a boss wrong and being told how to do it correctly, got hacked off enough to say "i know what im talking about, ive handled tickets complaining about this exact thing. listen to me, im a gm."

i know that this thread is about playing with our blues, but i thought id share my experience ;)
Reply Quote
92 Gnome Warrior
We all have very different play schedules and such with our personal lives, so we usually don't get a chance to play together unless we set aside time while at work. And even then we don't tend to put our work down for the time we set aside often enough.

Yes, this can also describe my friends/co-workers who also play the game. The following statement might be different from your own experience, but your statement reminded me of something: I've found that the ones who are really into mmo gaming can't stop complaining about strangers. They have to point out every "baddie" on Azeroth, and then point out every possible bad thing about every baddie. If someone backpedals, it's got to be griped about (don't start a debate about the virtues/vices of backpedalling, it's an example). If someone is using a purple hybrid gem when a red one would be better, it's got to be griped about. And of course, I know that if I end up doing something wrong, they won't gripe to my face, but will spend ages griping about it when I'm not there. I don't have fun playing with some of my friends anymore, because of this.

The ones who have jobs and don't obsess about mmo's are more tolerant and forgiving. They are still fun to play with, but they have their own minds and are usually difficult to track down. Many guildies also do annoying things, such as intentionally wiping groups, and complaining if any other member of the group can possibly roll on "their" drops. Azeroth just isn't as social a place for me as it once was, and unfortunately the community is to blame.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I haven't grouped with any of my coworkers in a while. The last thing we did was roll alts and quest together on our lunch breaks once a week, but that ended around Westfall. :p

We all have very different play schedules and such with our personal lives, so we usually don't get a chance to play together unless we set aside time while at work. And even then we don't tend to put our work down for the time we set aside often enough.

I've been spending some time here and there the last few weeks gearing up my goblin death knight via Dungeon Finder so he can experience Dragon Soul before Mists arrives. I've run a few Heroics with a friend (not a Blizzard employee) via Real ID when we can plan to logon within the same timeframe. That's great 'cause he tanks!

But other than that I've been queuing solo. For some odd reason a part of me still gets a bit nervous when hitting that button to group with strangers. To that end I try to be extremely polite, patient, and accomodating. I let myself sort of lose track of time, focusing on enjoying the experience of the dungeon and playing to the best of my ability. Five-player dungeons have had a very special place in my heart ever since I first set foot in one during vanilla WoW -- it's just an entertaining, unique experience compared to questing out in the world. And fortunately I've had very few negative experiences with other players!

And of course these people don't have a clue I'm a Blizzard employee. :)

We now know that Zarhym plays a goblin DK...

Horde: If you ever see a goblin DK, be EXTRA SUPER NICE TO HIM!

Alliance: If you see a goblink DK, KILL IT... nicely, don't /lol at it's corpse. Salute his corpse... Violating his corpse would cause rage in said corpse causing you to have your account banned.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
A part of me would love to know their character names solely for the point of checking them out in the Armory.
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Paladin
^^^^
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Paladin
So Zar do you have any hm ds kills?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I have some alts I've started taking a bit more seriously, but I still do my dailies on my main and have been working on getting Achievements here and there with it. I never really got into alts too much before, but I think with the changes in Cataclysm, it made it a faster climb through the levels and it's been nice getting to spend some time on other characters.

I have to stay away from PvP if I plan on focusing on PvE or else I'll never get around to doing anything else. (Not that it's a bad thing.) I have an old friend of mine that I've gamed with for over 10 years that is really good about getting me to PvP with him. He's pretty relentless, but we make a good team too, so it's fun. ;)

My time has been somewhat limited as of late, but I try to get in when there are events like the Darkmoon Faire etc going on. I also like to just like to just travel around the "slow" way and take in the sights and listen to the music. It's always a good reminder as to why I still love the game.

I tend to hop from one activity to another though otherwise I get bored easily. I admire people who can just work on one thing until it's done, but I just can't play that way. Thankfully, there's enough in World of Warcraft to do that I don't feel too constrained to play just one way. I know that sounds like a line, but it's true.
Reply Quote
30 Undead Priest
I haven't grouped with any of my coworkers in a while. The last thing we did was roll alts and quest together on our lunch breaks once a week, but that ended around Westfall. :p

I've been spending some time here and there the last few weeks gearing up my goblin death knight via Dungeon Finder so he can experience Dragon Soul before Mists arrives. I've run a few Heroics with a friend (not a Blizzard employee) via Real ID when we can plan to logon within the same timeframe. That's great 'cause he tanks!

But other than that I've been queuing solo. For some odd reason a part of me still gets a bit nervous when hitting that button to group with strangers. To that end I try to be extremely polite, patient, and accomodating. I let myself sort of lose track of time, focusing on enjoying the experience of the dungeon and playing to the best of my ability. Five-player dungeons have had a very special place in my heart ever since I first set foot in one during vanilla WoW -- it's just an entertaining, unique experience compared to questing out in the world. And fortunately I've had very few negative experiences with other players!

You hit "need" on everything . . . admit it. ;P
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I think after dealing with Blizz customer's complaints and self-created problems all day, when they get home and want to unwind they plat Guild Wars.

(They just won't say it on the WoW forums because it's not good for buisness.)

= )
Edited by Bilwick on 2/22/2012 9:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior

It could be everyone...

Even you @_@"
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage

Meaning he stalks us all... <.< `.` >.>
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

Is it weird to know the inner workings of the game, then log into a regular account and play like everyone else?

Do you ever see stuff like in trade chat and think, "geez, I wish people wouldn't be like this".

Are you ever tempted to give yourself that one last quest item that won't drop? Hehe, I think I would be. Or mail myself a few cinders for the epic staff.

As an employee, are you expected to play WoW during your leisure time to help get an "every mans" point of view of the game?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]