PROT / RET and AGILITY ???

100 Blood Elf Paladin
Ok been in this debate forever ... I have been told that I should be also Stacking Agility as well.... I do not agree with this. And when I do use the Flask of the Winds.. My Hit rating goes up past the cap limit giving me diminished returns.... then im told the diminished returns will not effect over all DPS.

Can anyone finish this debate for me ?
Reply Quote
Agility serves no purpose to a Paladin other than a very minor critical chance increase.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2267589223

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t110342-retribution_concordance_4_3_voice_dps/

Would like to have a word with you
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
There is no debate, there hasn't been one since cata. Paladins have no use for agility.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
These people who are telling you things... tell them to shut up.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Agility is not a stat to be concerned with.

As a tank our primary stats are str, stam, mastery, and damage mitigation stats (dodge/parry/block) not necessarily in that order of importance

Ret

Str, mastery, Hit, expertise, crit, haste...but again, no concern with Agility.

Whoever is telling you to stack agility as a paladin is mistaken.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
play the best you can that is comfortable and EFFECTIVE do not listen to others telling you how to play,gear,enchant you'r class.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
02/22/2012 10:48 AMPosted by Divinebovine
play the best you can that is comfortable and EFFECTIVE do not listen to others telling you how to play,gear,enchant you'r class.

Theres a fairly big difference between not wanting to min max, and then just up and using the wrong primary stat. Like DKs useing Int, pallies useing agi, or locks using str after removal of the awsome firestone!
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
02/22/2012 10:49 AMPosted by Drivebye
The heroic polarm off of madness is BiS for a ret pally the agi is such a big crit boost it trumps everything.

that's just poor game design. Forshame Blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/22/2012 10:48 AMPosted by Divinebovine

It's probably wise not to follow this advice. You can learn a ton from listening to other people.

The heroic polarm off of madness is BiS for a ret pally the agi is such a big crit boost it trumps everything.

Where did you get this info?
Edited by Valpin on 2/22/2012 10:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Whoever told you Agi is good for any plate wearer is still living in the days of Burning Crusade when we had all sorts of weird stat combinations.

Regarding diminishing returns on Hit, there are none (to my knowledge). Once you're hit capped (physical hit anyways) then you just don't miss any swings anymore. How would there be any diminishing returns on Hit? Now, if you have more Hit than you need, then anything over the cap is going to waste. But there is no DR on Hit.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
02/22/2012 10:53 AMPosted by Valpin

It's probably wise not to follow this advice. You can learn a ton from listening to other people.

Where did you get this info?

If you read my post correctly I said "Effectively" if a person can pull well over 50k dps with a few agi gems in his gear (Agi gems as an example) more power to him he is doing something right in his books and it is working obviously.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
DoG
NEVER EVER USE AGILITY. IT SERVES NO PURPOSE.

Priority: Hit Cap, Expertise Cap, then stack the living hell out of Strength and Mastery.

Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You shouldn't stack agi but there are a few items you should be picking up over the STR version.

They need to bring back strength pole-arms.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/22/2012 10:58 AMPosted by Divinebovine
If you read my post correctly I said "Effectively" if a person can pull well over 50k dps with a few agi gems in his gear (Agi gems as an example) more power to him he is doing something right in his books and it is working obviously.

I understand what you are saying, but how do you measure effectiveness? Is it an objective or subjective standard? If the measure of effectiveness is left up to the individual, then mediocrity would be the standard of the day. If the measure of effectiveness is actually objective and comes from the collective wisdom of the community, then excellence would be expected, if not demanded.

Granted, we all want to "do our own thing", but if a large number of people with confirmed evidence, then it would be wise to at least consider their arguments. I can stack agility gems in my Ret gear and still damage and kill targets. This is the end goal of my task as a DPS, so yes, I have completed the task set out for me. One could argue that I am being effective. However, my effectiveness is extremely diminished compared to my potential effectiveness. The efficiency of my effectiveness is lacking.

P.S. I like your name :)
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Agility is all but worthless to every Plate class.

Especially since it doesnt even give bonus armor anymore.

You get more crit from crit rating than you do AGI.

02/22/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Stasia
They need to bring back strength pole-arms.

Agreed, but they would have to make it work for Titan's Grip. Thats pretty much the only reason there arent STR ones.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I have +20 Agility from gear, gems, and enchants. I also have +20 Spirit. They both come from the same +20 stats to chest enchant. That's how much we need Agility.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

Jesus no. No. No. God no.

The removal of AP from agility gear absolutely removed any value of it for ret, along with the scaling from 80 to 85 makes the crit from agility absolutely horrible. It takes over 200 agility for 1% melee crit, and does not give any spell crit. Crit rating it only takes 120 for physical, and 102 for spells. Agility weapons are universally worse than weapons from a full tier lower.

Removing armor from agility did the same for prot.
Edited by Cayse on 2/22/2012 11:34 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]