Is Hunter, Warrior, HPally a viable comp?

85 Orc Hunter
Hi, Im working my hunter to 85 and have been trying to convince my friend to come back and arenas with our other friend and I. He has an 85 Arms warrior and other friend has a Holy Pally. Is this a viable 3s comp?
Thanks much
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
Hi, Im working my hunter to 85 and have been trying to convince my friend to come back and arenas with our other friend and I. He has an 85 Arms warrior and other friend has a Holy Pally. Is this a viable 3s comp?
Thanks much

That comp is referred to as KFC or "Kung Fu Cleave" (no idea who comes up with this stuff- I think a resto shammy was usually the healer but a holy pally using blessing of kings should work ok). It was very strong last season before the warrior nerfs but you don't see it much at all anymore. Most hunters are playing with ferals, rogues or DKs it seems instead of warriors.

But the fact that it was once a very strong comp indicates that it should at least work ok now- the melee attack power buff to trueshot aura should help out the warrior and you won't have to widow venom with the warrior's mortal strike. So I think it should work ok, just won't be faceroll like it was before the warrior nerfs.
Edited by Aureliel on 2/23/2012 11:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
It's still very viable given that there's a secondary hand of freedom and sac from the hunter. It may not be R1 viable, but it certainly is playable and you can have plenty of fun provided you aren't making some 2500 push. Warriors still do fantastic damage, their issue is uptime, as a hunter ( especially with glyphed concussive shot ) you can give your warrior a lot more uptime. Landing a solid CC on a healer and getting a snake trap down while healer can't dispel can be GG against some comps. Though, I will say right off the bat, you would be better off as PHDK, but play for fun. :P
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Thanks guys, any idea what spec is preferred for this comp?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Anything involved Rated pvp MM is the way to go.

BM isnt really good when you get higher up the ladder.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]