Golden Mage Rules

85 Dwarf Shaman
02/24/2012 10:50 AMPosted by Gnomemercie
53. When you go to hit combustion on a 30k ignite, only to find out the following ignite is now 60K.

EFFFFFUUUU MADNESS OF DEATHWING.

Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Mage
54: Whenever you need just one more maelstrom crystal to finally enchant power torrent on your new staff, you won't win any crystals for days.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
02/24/2012 12:09 PMPosted by Malekhad
54: Whenever you need just one more maelstrom crystal to finally enchant power torrent on your new staff, you won't win any crystals for days.

I take it that's happening to you now because you have Hurricane on your staff? lol Buy it from the AH dude
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

42. The 5000 resil mage will always get chosen over you, because hey, 5000 resil means he's super geared, right?
Ohhhhhhhh my god this is one of my BIGGEST pet peeves when I see people recruiting for rbgs/arenas.I understand for like, healers and RBG tanks you need a certain amount of resil, and resil does show you have a certain ilvl of pvp gear, but my god it means nothing.ESPECIALLY as a dps and ESPECIALLY as a mage. I got in an argument with a guy in trade chat about it and he said "well you need resil if their whole team is focusing your dps" which made me lol because if 6-7 DPS are focusing one person, they'll die, 5000 resil or not.Ended up saying "Sup i got 3800 resil [Warlord]". Was a good day.

Lol so true, dont usually agree with xuin on a lot of things but he is dead on with this.
I love how I get "sorry we are filled got a 5000 resil frost mage" like that would be better than a mage with a legendary under any circumstances.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
42. The 5000 resil mage will always get chosen over you, because hey, 5000 resil means he's super geared, right?
Ohhhhhhhh my god this is one of my BIGGEST pet peeves when I see people recruiting for rbgs/arenas.I understand for like, healers and RBG tanks you need a certain amount of resil, and resil does show you have a certain ilvl of pvp gear, but my god it means nothing.ESPECIALLY as a dps and ESPECIALLY as a mage. I got in an argument with a guy in trade chat about it and he said "well you need resil if their whole team is focusing your dps" which made me lol because if 6-7 DPS are focusing one person, they'll die, 5000 resil or not.Ended up saying "Sup i got 3800 resil [Warlord]". Was a good day.

Lol so true, dont usually agree with xuin on a lot of things but he is dead on with this.
I love how I get "sorry we are filled got a 5000 resil frost mage" like that would be better than a mage with a legendary under any circumstances.

I've never had another mage be chosen over me based on this, but I do have a few people I play with think they are so good because they have over 4500k resil... >.>
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but 55: As soon as you pop all your CDs you have to move out of fire.
Edited by Statstick on 2/25/2012 6:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
56. There is no such thing as a free lunch, unless you are a mage.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
02/24/2012 04:59 PMPosted by Zadax
I've never had another mage be chosen over me based on this, but I do have a few people I play with think they are so good because they have over 4500k resil... >.>

someone with 4500k resil would be good, even if he was bad.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
02/23/2012 08:01 PMPosted by Rentrenus
32. Blink does not work as intended when needed the most (i.e. to get out of lava).

32a. When you blink to a desired spot, you will be either too short or too far, never where hoped.

32B. When in a BG and you're about to cap the flag, you blink, only find you've fallen through the world.

32C. You accidentally cast blink and pull the boss, so much for picking up your drink.

32D. You blink only to get stuck inside something you can't get out of, IE the SW bank vault door...
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
57. Portal roulette. It NEVER gets old.

58. upon successfully executing a dungeon boss people will ragequit because a. you did by far the top damage and you are "lol op arcane" b. did not do top damage and are "bad at wow because you cant do dps as arcane". during all of this they will not take into account any mechanics. random patches of fire. and movement that occured during the fight.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
59. Yes, you do have bloodlust, and yes, they are talking to you.

Whenever I hear the call for "lust" in a raid, my first thought is always; "HA! But we don't have a shaman! Don't be redic- oh. Wait."
Reply Quote
60. you died in 3 GCD's? don't worry, Xiun can 1v2 them and win :-P
Reply Quote
61. You top the charts people call mages 1 button trick ponies.
62. You don't top charts people call you the worst player in wow because you can't top the chart with OP class.

I think people are just jelly of us :]
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Im still a healer!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
02/27/2012 08:57 AMPosted by Solisa
You top the charts people call mages 1 button trick ponies.

61a. You top the charts people call you a fail arcane mage who 1 buttons spams, failing to realise you are actually a fire mage.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
63. When you are in a pvp setting, someone will put a dot on you RIGHT when you click invisibility.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
64. Certain tanks fail to realize what a Living Bomb is and does.

64a. Knowing this, in 5 man dungeons or situations where trash has limited health (Trash before Ultraxion = nice for LBs everywhere but meh) or where trash is limited, people kill your target because your Fireball has a long cast time without Pyromaniac.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
@Malekhad (#62) or you could buy Maelstroms from the vendor with justice points. : )
Edited by Prelimar on 2/27/2012 7:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
02/24/2012 10:51 AMPosted by Rentrenus
52. You will click teleport when you meant to click portal

Most awkward moment, ever.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]