Do ye hate Clan Battlehammer?

16 Dwarf Paladin
((want us to grow or leave))
Reply Quote
1 Orc Rogue
All hail CBH
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
I'm a bit confused. Did you mean to post this on the Emerald Dream forums?
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1181104/
Reply Quote
16 Dwarf Paladin
((we are quite well liked on our home server... i ask do you want us to extend and grow our presence here - there are a few haters here, but just wanted to get an idea from those who know or have heard of us))
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Bring the beard on! Need more good dwarf guilds around here imho..
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I don't intend to bring up anything, it's simply for clarification's sake.

I do believe there was some drama around an off-server Dwarf guild that came to Moon Guard, during the time of the Mountain Guard's existence, and "invaded" the Dwarven race channel that they had, to coordinate with guild Alliance's or something, and it ended up with hysteria, chaos, and trolling.

Whether it was Clan Battlehammer, I don't know. It's just a thought I remembered, is all, and I could very well be mistaken.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
Maybe you should be more clear in your OP xD Tell about your guild and your plans to come here. I don't think anyone except people who have come from Emerald Dream would know your guild (I've been here several years and as you can see, was totally confused). Are you an RP guild? Maybe cover the basics, you know? :)
Reply Quote
16 Dwarf Paladin
((MG closed its doors... we came along to offer another alternative for those who like the idea of a larger all dwarf guild. apparently timing was poor and it ruffled feathers and many didn't believe a guild of dwarves could possibly be bigger than that one. with my own pride a bit wounded, i created a clan a dwarves on this server in just over 15 minutes to prove a point... again which was not well received. since then i have mellowed and just troop over here for fun after some of our events with 20-30 dwarves. but still some (grimhildr?) harbor pretty negative attitudes. so.. if we are completely unwelcome here, i will remove the guild and no longer visit. however if there is interest... i could grow another dwarf guild here in the name of Clan Battlehammer and wage war upon the horde by invading their cities and slaying their leaders as we do weekly on ED. mind you we play part-time on this server and it takes time to build such a force, but its gives us something else to do besides making 6 other alts on our server..... so looking for feedback))
Edited by Brustag on 2/23/2012 9:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
16 Dwarf Paladin
((oh if you want to know more about us... just search Clan Battlehammer on youtube or find us on guildportal.))
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Having another dwarf RP-PVP guild would be neat.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I saw an event involving dwarves in a Clan Battlehammer guild, over at the cathedral square. If it was the same people as you, it seemed like a fair setup, didn't actually see how it went though. More dwarf guilds are always a plus
Reply Quote
83 Dwarf Priest
02/23/2012 09:08 PMPosted by Brustag
((MG closed its doors... we came along to offer another alternative for those who like the idea of a larger all dwarf guild. apparently timing was poor and it ruffled feathers and many didn't believe a guild of dwarves could possibly be bigger than that one. with my own pride a bit wounded, i created a clan a dwarves on this server in just over 15 minutes to prove a point... again which was not well received. since then i have mellowed and just troop over here for fun after some of our events with 20-30 dwarves. but still some (grimhildr?) harbor pretty negative attitudes. so.. if we are completely unwelcome here, i will remove the guild and no longer visit. however if there is interest... i could grow another dwarf guild here in the name of Clan Battlehammer and wage war upon the horde by invading their cities and slaying their leaders as we do weekly on ED. mind you we play part-time on this server and it takes time to build such a force, but its gives us something else to do besides making 6 other alts on our server..... so looking for feedback))

Gonna have to call crap on your little story there. Hi. Former Mountain Guard member and a member of the dwindling population of actual dwarf rpers! I saw what your guild did in the past! :)

From what I've witnessed of your actual rp, it involves a lot of low leveled alts that are rolled with "silly" names that have you invading dwarf places (or the Stormwind Cathedral) while you chant Long Live Clan Battlehammer. You often disrupted Dwarvish events in Ironforge during a time when we still had a good-sized community, if you're the same Battlehammer. You did invade a chat channel that was trying to promote dwarf rp after the Mountain Guard had closed membership.

I don't know if you consider that rp or if others do, but that's what I've seen of your work. If you've mellowed, okay. Great. That's nice. The people here posting don't know your history. I do. No, I didn't forget. If you want to be reputable, I'm gonna pray you dropped your bad "habits".
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
What Ciarrah said was pretty spot on, even if angry.

I was around for one of your visits last spring. Mind you, I didn't even know what or who Clan Battlehammer is. What I do know is that there was a sudden huge disruptive crowd that yelled in OOC, invaded a custom channel, and some of those people were less than nice when confronted with.

Even if you had the best of intentions to advertise your guild (which did in fact look impressive after I looked you guys up), the way you advertised that time made me feel as if the goldshire crowd organized and rolled all dwarves. A large crowd is a good indication of a large thriving guild. A huge unruly mob, however, is a bad indication about conduct and standards.

And yes, a simple "Hey guys, I heard you lack a dwarf guild, and please come check us out!" is sometimes more effective than 20 different posts in capitals suddenly flooding a channel.

Having said that! I haven't had the chance to see you guys around yet, so I can't judge your current behavior - and nor do I intend to judge you by what happened in the past, if that has changed since then. If you changed your approach and are honestly roleplaying and respecting people, then people will accept you and respect you as well. You might even get some people interested in joining you guys. As an ex-Mountain Guard, I cannot stress enough how much fun a dwarf guild is. I also cannot stress enough that even if I thought it was a great guild, I have no problems with accepting that there are potentially other eevn better ones out there. You just need to impress people in the right way, and sometimes that takes a surgical scalpel to achieve, than a bludgeon. I know that a dwarf in character would -always- pick the bludgeon, but in the end, we're all human being players behind our screen, and then it's different.

Good luck!
Edited by Regnatia on 2/23/2012 10:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
16 Dwarf Paladin
((i respect what you have said, and appreciate the benefit of the doubt. if you get beyond that initial misunderstanding - which causes some rage, you will find we are a great bunch. What you don't know is that 20-30 players shouting in unison looks like spam but it's not... i figured most had the sense to look at who is actually yelling and seeing 30 different names might indicate its a large unified force, not just some random spamming 30x. That said, our precision marching etc an unified movements are often mistaken for extreme multi-boxing. of course those on our server are used to it now, but its always fun to SHOCK other servers who haven't seen such a thing before. sadly, it was mistaken for bad rp and we are a bunch or ****heads... and i can understand that, but i don't want to invest the time and energy it takes to build something here if it's not welcome. from what I have read so far, many are encouraging us.. though a few are skeptical. I will let this thread stand for more comments before i proceed with the continued dwarven invasion of moon guard. /salute))
Edited by Brustag on 2/23/2012 10:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
I personally enjoyed some of Clan Battlehammer's disruptions (for the sheer novelty and enthusiasm with which they were practiced). In fact, I have an idea. How can I get ahold of you?
Edited by Ironholde on 2/23/2012 11:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
i remember you guys.

Yeah, that yell spamming was annoying. :|
Reply Quote
16 Dwarf Paladin
02/23/2012 11:11 PMPosted by Ironholde
I personally enjoyed some of Clan Battlehammer's disruptions (for the sheer novelty and enthusiasm with which they were practiced). In fact, I have an idea. How can I get ahold of you?

((you can send me a an email through our guildportal website.))
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Glad my memory isn't that bad, then.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]