Do ye hate Clan Battlehammer?

61 Human Death Knight
02/27/2012 07:54 PMPosted by Ciarrah
I am not some paragon of dwarf rp. Do noooot think that. I am just loud and obnoxious as is what is programmed in me.

Saying things like that are precisely why you are, in fact, respected.
Edited by Caristinn on 2/27/2012 7:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
66 Human Warrior
[quote]

I am not some paragon of dwarf rp. Do noooot think that. I am just loud and obnoxious as is what is programmed in me.

Perhaps if you are aware of the problem then you should fix it, yeah?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
02/27/2012 07:54 PMPosted by Ciarrah
HAH. No no. No one likes me. XD I state what I know and only what I know and I am unpopular.

Eh, they at least know you. That and presenting the facts as you see them in a rational, smart manner is something most intelligent people would respect, unless the blunt-ish expression of the facts was against them or something. OH I get it now. Still, I have no issue with you, so. <3
Reply Quote
83 Dwarf Priest
02/27/2012 07:57 PMPosted by Farus

Sweetheart, you got your answer to your problem on another post. If you'd like to troll for drama, please do so at Yahoo!News.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
[quote]

You obviously are new and too naive to understand why we dislike certain things.
Reply Quote
I don't agree. I did not witness this spam of the chat channel, though I have seen the yell spam, and to be honest, a lot of guilds do it. Is it irritating? It can be. Does it make an impression? It can. As much positive as negative. I personally do not condone such recruiting techniques since they tend to piss people off, but no-one can account for people being overly sensitive.

I like to think dwarves have thicker skin than night elves. Unfortunately, Ciarrah and Grim belong to the select class of drama producers. They're great people and they mean well, but they can get a bit ranty and self-righteous. Acknowledge their concerns, but don't let them dissuade you.

Something to note about Clan Battlehammer is that on Emerald Dream there are a LOT of non-RPers. Clan Battlehammer has a sizable number of semi-IC, mostly OOC players I believe. It is these players that are likely the cause of any problems, and it is these players that will be the least interested in setting down roots in Moon Guard.

Call me naive, but I welcome my dwarven brothers with open arms. We're all family, even if we don't always see eye to eye.

A great human being once said "A man should have as many second chances as he is willing to take."

That's nice. I produce drama. Very sweet of you. That's a great way to start drama right there with that statement rather than proving yourself to be mature and rewording that. But we'll let that slide. Here's what I have to say to you.

You're going to ignore all of that nice little testimony for the whole "we're dwarves so we should stick together". Right. So...we're going to put a bandaid on a gaping wound and flat out ignore griefing because people decided to roll dwarves...when we have proof from others that these things did happen. Not from one person but from a lot of people?

I suppose this is a good reflection of your guild and what you'll take. You'll take and dwarf so long as it's dwarf. And you were SO eager to recruit me the moment I was guildless. But I start drama. I guess you didn't care because I was a dwarf and it was another faceless mass for your guild. Cheers.

Seems the dwarf community even has drama. Can we get a hashtag guys?

You have to be kidding me? You're one of the biggest RP drama queens on our server. I've talked to you in length and personally you have a mental issue. Your actions have done more to put people off from RP than to bring people to it .. because of your attitude. See, you have this very limited scope of what RP is, and if anyone dares engage in RP that is outside that then they're immediately branded some sort of faux RP'er or RP heretic to you. I've seen you smear people in public channels, etc.

And to say the sort of things you did to Karrek/Mordimar/Ironholme, a guy who actually took on starting a new dwarf guild when it came to maintaining Dwarf RP and community after TMG closed down? I mean geez if you didn't agree with his style at least you could show a little more respect in a public forum.

You're just a drama queen troll. ... and you know what? Switch servers please.

Reply Quote
83 Dwarf Priest
02/27/2012 08:03 PMPosted by Rikaado
You obviously are new and too naive to understand why we dislike certain things.

I hate your haircut.
Reply Quote
83 Dwarf Priest
You have to be kidding me? You're one of the biggest RP drama queens on our server. I've talked to you in length and personally you have a mental issue. Your actions have done more to put people off from RP than to bring people to it .. because of your attitude. See, you have this very limited scope of what RP is, and if anyone dares engage in RP that is outside that then they're immediately branded some sort of faux RP'er or RP heretic to you. I've seen you smear people in public channels, etc.

And to say the sort of things you did to Karrek/Mordimar/Ironholme, a guy who actually took on starting a new dwarf guild when it came to maintaining Dwarf RP and community after TMG closed down? I mean geez if you didn't agree with his style at least you could show a little more respect in a public forum.

I refuse to bring up the things you did or said to me on the forums because that is in poor taste. Because that is not what a good person does. But I will say this. Don't think I forgot any of them or how that Karrek's whispered me time and time again to "fix" your guild, yet you want to call me a drama queen now.

And that's all I'll say to you.

And you wondered why I never took your apology. :)
Reply Quote
16 Dwarf Paladin
When you were around, I tried contacting your guild to see what it was about and if you wanted to run events with <The First Regiment>.

I was promptly told that we hadn't contributed enough to PvP to deserve your respect.

I don't recall this. Are you talking about ED? As for here on MG, we hardly have a force to wpvp with at this time.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
02/27/2012 08:04 PMPosted by Ciarrah

I hate your haircut.

I kinda do, too, but the wife likes it. :/ And also... wow. Farus is Pressence. No wonder the !#*%ery.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
Summary of the thread so far:

1) Clan Battlehammer represent a style of RP that is not usually appreciated around Moon Guard.
2) Some bad PR decisions were made even if well intentioned.
3) Moon Guard gets defensive, rightly so on some issues, but maybe a bit too fiercely.
4) Moon Guard starts with its usual infighting, but instead of elf drama, now we have dwarf drama.

What's my take on this:
I expressed my concerns about CBH on the beginning of the thread. It's not their responsibility to listen to us. If they want to come to Moon Guard so badly, nothing can technically stop them.

Here's the 4 possible outcomes:
a) CBH establishes itself with the same "rules" they have shown us so far (massive yell attacks, big events, etc etc), and they actually get people to like them, because their dwarf rp is still more than the "0" dwarf rp we're having right now.
b) CBH establishes itself with the same "rules" they have shown us so far, but the realm keeps expressing the same backlash seen on this thread. CBH gets marginalized and they are either left to do their own thing, or leave.
c) A combination of 1+2, where some will like the guild, others will not, and the "community" will split in two, bickering endlessly like is seen on this thread.
d) CBH establishes itself but with adapting to Moon Guard's style of RP, which is more story driven and less about pure uncontrollable numbers. They listen to the concerns and either fix the issues or prove that they're not issues. In the end, everyone, and dwarf RP, wins.

I'd personally prefer option d).

Also, again. Do we really want the like, 5 roleplaying dwarves left on this realm to attack each other? Yes, mistakes have been made, and maybe not everyone is completely friendly with everyone, but the coming of CBH to the realm should be a moment for the "community" to decide waht do we actually want out of our racial RP.
Edited by Regnatia on 2/27/2012 8:20 PM PST
Reply Quote

I refuse to bring up the things you did or said to me on the forums because that is in poor taste. Because that is not what a good person does. But I will say this. Don't think I forgot any of them or how that Karrek's whispered me time and time again to "fix" your guild, yet you want to call me a drama queen now.

And that's all I'll say to you.

And you wondered why I never took your apology. :)

Good people offer an apology when they cooldown.

That doesn't change the fact you are a drama-queen, a troll, and some sort of self appointed RP "judge" on our server. The Dwarven Vanguard was never my guild. I was a proud member. Sounds like Karrek had a couple moments of weakness. I do however remember you getting removed from The Mountain Guard and all the guild chat talk it generated. I was very glad to see you go.

You can post whatever you want from our conversation. I spoke the truth. You are not a mentally well person, and it shows by what you say in-game and on this forum.

Regardless what anyone says here matters not in terms of Clan Battlehammer and whether they come to MG. If they come and do well they will be welcomed. If they come and do poorly then obviously their haters will continue to hate. Honestly if I were them, I'd say big deal and carry on. I have a feeling, given their organizational skill and experience they will do well here whether they have a small army of haters from the "Role Play Elitist" branch here on MG, or not.

Reply Quote
16 Dwarf Paladin
My tally is about 20 yays to 17 nays. I didn't count neutral threads, and tried only counting a single player's voice once. So given a margin of error, it's still pretty even for those who have responded. what I have gathered...

1) avoid goldshire
2) avoid cathedral
3) avoid other dwarf rp events
4) stay in ironforge... or claim some other home base
5) don't yell in unison
6) change some of your names
7) since Baelund is the leader of this Clan Battlehammer... i trust he won't have to change his name.

did i miss anything?
Reply Quote
66 Human Warrior

I'm obviously too naive and new to dislike obnoxiousness?

I don't quite understand, but alright.

I hate your haircut.

I kinda do, too, but the wife likes it. :/ And also... wow. Farus is Pressence. No wonder the !#*%ery.

I'm also wondering what this has to do with anything. I didn't know my character that has been inactive for an entire year has a reputation that precedes me.

Sweetheart, you got your answer to your problem on another post. If you'd like to troll for drama, please do so at Yahoo!News.

I'm simply trying to make your online and offline social life better.

EDIT- I honestly just find it disconcerting that you are one of the few that always complains about the lack of Dwarf RP and then go on to shun a dwarf guild from the server. You would think you would show the slightest ounce of forgiveness, but I suppose I suspected too much from you.
Edited by Farus on 2/27/2012 8:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
83 Dwarf Priest
Good people offer an apology when they cooldown.

That doesn't change the fact you are a drama-queen, a troll, and some sort of self appointed RP "judge" on our server. The Dwarven Vanguard was never my guild. I was a proud member. Sounds like Karrek had a couple moments of weakness. I do however remember you getting removed from The Mountain Guard and all the guild chat talk it generated. I was very glad to see you go.

You can post whatever you want from our conversation. I spoke the truth. You are not a mentally well person, and it shows by what you say in-game and on this forum.

Regardless what anyone says here matters not in terms of Clan Battlehammer and whether they come to MG. If they come and do well they will be welcomed. If they come and do poorly then obviously their haters will continue to hate. Honestly if I were them, I'd say big deal and carry on. I have a feeling, given their organizational skill and experience they will do well here whether they have a small army of haters from the "Role Play Elitist" branch here on MG, or not.

Nice to see you're trying to spread slander on a thread that it doesn't belong on. I don't know why you're doing that, considering this isn't a thread about me.

I repeat, I refuse to let anyone know the things you said to me. I have a little more class than to be a gossiping brat.

You should drop this now that you're letting this leak over into the forums. I also like the added false information part. That's very sweet of you. You never cooled down and the apology was good as a bucket of pee considering you're still harboring some very hostile feelings against me for reasons I don't understand, especially considering you tried to "apologize". Drop it, really. You make other race's drama look like a trip to candyland.
Reply Quote
83 Dwarf Priest

EDIT- I honestly just find it disconcerting that you are one of the few that always complains about the lack of Dwarf RP and then go on to shun a dwarf guild from the server. You would think you would show the slightest ounce of forgiveness, but I suppose I suspected too much from you.

Considering that they're a frequent offender and I wasn't aware there were more complaints than the few instances when I had the joy of running into them? Yes I think I withdraw that forgiveness rather quickly.

I've got enough friends that I want and I don't care to have some stranger online tell me how to make my social life better. Thank you.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin

I refuse to bring up the things you did or said to me on the forums because that is in poor taste. Because that is not what a good person does. But I will say this. Don't think I forgot any of them or how that Karrek's whispered me time and time again to "fix" your guild,

I find this offensive. Especially putting "fix" in quotes. I invited you to join the guild at one point because I thought it was a good idea. I thought you could help flesh out the non-military side of our RP, and I thought we could provide you with a good home where you would be welcome and appreciated. Your vicious private response to that answer utterly astounded me. I promptly forgave and forgot, though it did engender in me the belief that you can get overly worked up on little information.

That you bring up my offer here as if I wanted you to fix my mistakes is untrue. I never asked for that. Your attitude towards my guild is completely unfounded. We have always taken RP very seriously. I have never had a complaint about my members behavior.

I do not condone personal attacks on anyone. My comment about drama generation was meant as a general advisory. Sadly, I think my point may have been proven. :(
Edited by Ironholde on 2/27/2012 8:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
66 Human Warrior

Considering that they're a frequent offender and I wasn't aware there were more complaints than the few instances when I had the joy of running into them? Yes I think I withdraw that forgiveness rather quickly.

I've got enough friends that I want and I don't care to have some stranger online tell me how to make my social life better. Thank you.

I didn't even say it, you said so yourself. You're loud and obnoxious. I'm simply saying that if you know that you are loud and obnoxious and recognize them as negative traits then you should work on them. I'm not telling you how, I'm telling you what.
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Shaman
Clan Battlehammer is tearing up our close-knit family of forum posters!

Guess they'll fit right in.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]