Player Harrassment hitting its limit.

(Locked)

I get harrassed and ridiculed and stalked by a gang of internet gold sellers. For over 3 years these guys on my realm tell me things like "go jump off a building" and "shoot yourself in the head"
All I do is simply say anything like "WTS infinite dust 2g each" and they start on me calling me names, cussing swearing and he even devulges that i have 3 accounts with Blizzard. One account for me, 1 for my wife and one for my 22 yr old son.

I recently have hit the limit. Over 50 tickets I have reported this player for and nothing done but maybe a warning or temp ban.

I would like you to know Blizzard, I do not appreciate this at all. Buying 3 accounts with the expansions and even signing up for the contract on my account, Ive paid sub fees for years, and this guy STILL does it and nothing done.

This is harrassment, he never wants to meet up for a coffee and discuss his issues nor will he lay off.

I get greifed by his friends and I cannot take it anymore. I WILL take this personally.

This player openly user auction house botting programs, even has his blogsite up on links to his downloads to the programs / gold selling sites and video on you tube with gold selling sites.

This makes me sick, and really im done. All I really wanted to do is play online as entertainment but this guy irks me so bad in the game its impossible.

I really dont care about beta, free mount or diablo III. I'm done with it.

I don't pay for your game to get harrassed in it everyday for 3 years+ straight.

See ya!

This is not entertainment, this is a platform for p/t employees to sell gold and scam people in game. If you play the AH as much as I do, you get griefed, with nothing done, now why do I pay for that?

90 Worgen Death Knight
Dude...

Breathe
I'll cancel the contract.
I am done after time expires.

If they would rather avoid a account - ignore feature than support customers, I'm ok with that too. It is their futre.
85 Undead Death Knight
02/23/2012 09:30 PMPosted by Cryptoknight
This is not entertainment, this is a platform for p/t employees to sell gold and scam people in game. If you play the AH as much as I do, you get griefed, with nothing done, now why do I pay for that?

Ignore list.

Report them actively.

More ignore list.

Make new chat window that doesn't include /w and /s
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Over 1000 days of harassment and you couldn't find the ignore button? Yeah, okay.
90 Orc Hunter
As a person who has been the target of organsised harrassment, I do have to say that CS is useless when it comes to the issue.

/ignore does nothing for the giant blue drakes that take up 1/2 your screen and /follow you everywhere.

does nothing for the dozens of throw away lvl1s

Edited by Vaelkyri on 2/23/2012 9:34 PM PST
85 Worgen Warrior
0/10
85 Troll Shaman
/ignore him. Or, name change. Or, take screenshots of his whispers and send them to Blizz customer service, that might help.

EDIT: Name change is like 10 bucks, mail your friends and tell them you changed your name. Everyone else will think you left.
Edited by Bamos on 2/23/2012 9:34 PM PST
How do i ignore all his characters on all my toons? I have like 10 level 85's. Not likely pal. Then it does not even matter he gets his butt buddys to grief me in the game.

It is physically IMPOSSIBLE to ignore these guys on my toons, unless there is a account-ignore feature. I cannot Raid, nor invite to my guild for fear I may be playing this game with the one person I have HATED the most in the entire years I have been alive, based solely on how he addressed me in chat of the gametime.

This IS serious, and I now have a new destiny to fulfill. It sure in the hell is not this game that ignores the harrassment issue like this.

85 Blood Elf Paladin
/ignore him. Or, name change. Or, take screenshots of his whispers and send them to Blizz customer service, that might help.

EDIT: Name change is like 10 bucks, mail your friends and tell them you changed your name. Everyone else will think you left.

If you have someone on your friends list, they namechange, they're still on your friends list. Player notes probably even stick. (Blizzard did implement that, right? I haven't gotten so used to addons I forgot what the default is again?)
Last thing I am doing is spending 1 more red cent on Blizzard after today. The limit line was shattered. No more nice guy.
85 Goblin Shaman
Yes blizzard did add in notes, and changing your name wont take you off someone's list.

Also GMs dont take screen shots as proof.

Otherwise I still don't see how you are being harassed to the point you can't play, it's text and text can be hidden, there are plenty of addons to help you do this. If Blizzard isn't doing anything about it it may because they don't agree it's to the degree you're saying it is. Theres no way for us to know the full story. Either way good luck.
90 Tauren Druid
02/23/2012 09:30 PMPosted by Cryptoknight

If you are already well versed in using the AH sell the dust on the AH, don't waste time trying to sell it in trade.
How do i ignore all his characters on all my toons? I have like 10 level 85's. Not likely pal. Then it does not even matter he gets his butt buddys to grief me in the game.

It is physically IMPOSSIBLE to ignore these guys on my toons, unless there is a account-ignore feature. I cannot Raid, nor invite to my guild for fear I may be playing this game with the one person I have HATED the most in the entire years I have been alive, based solely on how he addressed me in chat of the gametime.

This IS serious, and I now have a new destiny to fulfill. It sure in the hell is not this game that ignores the harrassment issue like this.

If he knows you on every toon something is wrong, likely due to you sharing information openly or with the wrong people.
If this person just spams everyone in chat, you are taking things way too personally.

By the sounds of it, you shared information about all your toon names and suffer because of it... and ignoring and actively reporting is your best bet. Harassment is a serious issue, especially if continued.

And finally, this is not for the general forum. Go to customer support if you want your problem solved...
85 Goblin Shaman

If he knows you on every toon something is wrong, likely due to you sharing information openly or with the wrong people.
If this person just spams everyone in chat, you are taking things way too personally.

By the sounds of it, you shared information about all your toon names and suffer because of it... and ignoring and actively reporting is your best bet. Harassment is a serious issue, especially if continued.

And finally, this is not for the general forum. Go to customer support if you want your problem solved...

Yea also "This is harrassment, he never wants to meet up for a coffee and discuss his issues nor will he lay off." stood out to me, he knows the offender irl well enough to invite him to coffee, there's definitely real life drama in play here which Blizzard cannot control, or he's just foolish enough to invite to meet up a random guy that's harassing him on the internet
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]