Player Harrassment hitting its limit.

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Druid
02/24/2012 10:41 AMPosted by Megafierce
I started to get sexual harassment a lot because I started to help out my friends with heroics. My friends will identify me as a girl and people will start asking rude questions.

I've run a lot of heroics with girls and never seen this. If we did, we'd have a ridiculous amount of time getting the guy killed repeatedly. Vote to kick might come if we can't manage to break his will using more ... creative methods.

I've only once seen someone cross a line, but that was only barely - it was just slightly creepy - and it lasted only for a minute or so, in some pugged 25 BH. The girl in question ignored the idiot, and the rest of us there with her just subtly poked fun at him for asking about her so insistently.
Edit: We also didn't answer any of his questions. We just made vague, contradicting implications, to really screw with him.

Seriously, if your friends with you can't manage to make someone piss off, and instead somehow manage to get a creeper lashed onto you all that often, it sounds to me like they're trying to troll you.

No, they're not trolling me. They'll say "Her WoW froze" "she's back".
I'm not saying that EVERY group I'm in does this. I'm just saying I do get those players who do that. I don't talk in heroics unless it's giving a pointer or explaining a fight to someone, or unless someone is complaining about someone winning an item they need as well. I just mention that it's a fair roll.

Plus, your friends might not be as immature as my friends. A couple of my friends would always say childish things (though not pointing at someone else. Just like "Oh, I'm going to go take a major dump and spread it all around my feet.").

Plus, "if your friends with you can't manage to make someone piss off", what does that even mean? I don't get this sentence at all.

By the way "trolling" is nothing, no one "trolls". They say and think they are, but they're not. They're just being ignorant.
85 Tauren Druid
Somehow I don't think the OP is telling the whole story.
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
I hope you're not trolling. Many of us have been legitimately harassed...me so much I re-rolled on a different server after the person who had been taken care of by blizzard then sicced his friends on me. Name changes don't work, as they are changed on the friend's list when you do them. But, Blizzard does take care of problems, though I wound up actually having to call to finally get some action done.

So, if this is a legitimate thing, and I hope you're not trolling, since it makes those of us who are legitimately harassed look like we could be liars, call Blizzard directly.
02/24/2012 10:58 AMPosted by Yzzami
8/10

He got bites. Thats good.

If hes serious....then yeah I doubt he's telling the whole story and wants to rant like we care.
20 Dwarf Hunter
Ladies and Gentleman, welcome to the Customer Support forum. This forum is moderated by blues quite frequently and we request you behave yourselves while visiting.

To the op, ignore...report....move on.
89 Orc Death Knight
I had a seriously bad issue with a player from another realm I encountered in a random pug nearly a year ago. It all started because he felt my dps was low and he started cussing at me about it and tried to VK me. I was in the pug with 2 friends so his kick failed, then it turned ugly. I can't go into details, it was too bad, the things he said could only have come from someone that was deeply mentally disturbed, they were graphic, extremely threatening and when a friend slipped and and let him know I was a woman player, it got worse.

He stalked me, making toons on my realm, level ones, multiple free trial accounts were used, he found my guild and got into our vent for a partially pugged raid we were doing, once in vent, it was hideous. Our GM was fast, kicked him and banned him from the vent channel, but it didn't stop him, he got on two other computers and came back in, finally, after he had done this repeatedly over 4 days our guild canceled the vent and got a new one. I repeatedly asked for help, over and over, I ignored everything he came at me with but he KEPT COMMING. During the whole thing he told me the temporary bans gave him time to think about how he was going to get to me next.

Ultimately, it was Ventrillo that ended it, they gave us the transcripts of what he had said in vent and helped me to track him down. He was a kid, and his parents had NO IDEA what he was doing, but their internet provider took his threats and stalking seriously and cancelled their account, and Ventrillo banned all of his alias computers from access to their services and since that I haven't seen or heard from him, but I transfered realms, changed my toons races and names.

Blizzard did a little, they did ban him more than once, temporary bans, but the ignore feature is worthless with these sick twisted people. WE NEED AN IGNORE ACCOUNT OPTION, so that we can ignore an entire account automatically barring that account from generating a toon that can reach us. At least then they would have to go through the expense and trouble of opening new accounts in order to continue, and hopefully Blizz could SEE that and STOP them, they can only go through so many opening free email accounts, they only have so many credit cards or game time cards they can use....
Support Forum Agent
This is harrassment, he never wants to meet up for a coffee and discuss his issues nor will he lay off.

Really? The last thing I'd want to do with someone truly harassing me is meet for coffee.

You need to put this individual on /ignore. Leave them there.

Report any contact immediately. Do not respond.

While you state you have multiple accounts, all I can see is this one. In the entire time this account has been active, there have only been 17 petitions made total - in 616 days. Of those, the one I presume you are referring to, accounts for two petitions, the most recent over 2 months ago.

If someone is using multiple characters - or the issue is ongoing, it's important to say so in your petitions. If you reply back with equally offensive chatter - know that you are held responsible for your own actions, independent of 'cause'. Two wrongs never, ever make a right.

It's grossly unfair to accuse us of not caring if you aren't using the tools provided - or reporting incidents. One report stating it's 'been going on for months' - is ONE report. We need to document every incident as it occurs to be able to investigate further.
Edited by Orlyia on 2/24/2012 11:14 AM PST
100 Tauren Druid
Daaaaaaang
85 Human Warlock
/ignore him. Or, name change. Or, take screenshots of his whispers and send them to Blizz customer service, that might help.

EDIT: Name change is like 10 bucks, mail your friends and tell them you changed your name. Everyone else will think you left.

If someone has you on their friendslist, and you namechange, it changes on that list. So the guy could have the op on his friendslist, and the namechange would be a waste.
02/24/2012 11:10 AMPosted by Orlyia
This is harrassment, he never wants to meet up for a coffee and discuss his issues nor will he lay off.

Really? The last thing I'd want to do with someone truly harassing me is meet for coffee.

While you state you have multiple accounts, all I can see is this one. In the entire time this account has been active, there have only been 17 petitions made total - in 616 days. Of those, the one I presume you are referring to, accounts for two petitions, the most recent over 2 months ago.

If someone is using multiple characters - or the issue is ongoing, it's important to say so in your petitions. If you reply back with equally offensive chatter - know that you are held responsible for your own actions, independent of 'cause'. Two wrongs never, ever make a right.

It's grossly unfair to accuse us of not caring if you aren't using the tools provided - or reporting incidents. One report stating it's 'been going on for months' - is ONE report. We need to document every incident as it occurs to be able to investigate further.

Owned
02/24/2012 11:20 AMPosted by Mirox

Owned

Beat me to it.
85 Human Paladin
02/24/2012 10:48 AMPosted by Ksenia
Plus, "if your friends with you can't manage to make someone piss off", what does that even mean? I don't get this sentence at all.

"Piss off"? Often said similarly to "!@#$ off" or "go away"?

For people you're running heroics with, I'd expect your friends to stand up for you if someone is harassing you. To use misdirection/lack of healing/lack of tanking to get that person killed. To be as obnoxious to that person in chat as possible. Hell, I alone have managed to make guild groups quit out of heroics if one of them opts to act like a racist prima donna. Probably because their vote to kick failed from the other random player, but even so.

There's nothing your friends can do if the weirdo harassing you decides to make a level 1 on your server, but you didn't mention anything about that - you said people harass you in heroics, mostly.

But while you're in heroics? I'd not only be willing to help my female friends backtalk, or get the harasser killed in there, I would welcome the chance! It's a nice change from the monotony. That one time in Baradin Hold had us all laughing all over each other in guild chat and we didn't even have to get the guy killed to piss him off.

By the way "trolling" is nothing, no one "trolls". They say and think they are, but they're not. They're just being ignorant.

That is indeed how I use the term. I find the whole activity to be ... well, I'll use "stupid" in place of more filtered words.

No, they're not trolling me. They'll say "Her WoW froze" "she's back".

Eh, I've only ever heard of someone referencing a girl in such a neutral way to cause any harassment that one time. Another female friend had someone else making marginally inappropriate comments, but that guy actually had a habit of being playfully annoying to everyone, male or female.

My whole point is, it's pretty rare for someone to suddenly stop what they're doing and completely focus on you for being a girl, and even rarer that you, especially when surrounded by friends, can't manage to give them hell for it. (They'd have to create a new character on your realm to do it with, and even then /ignore is quicker than new character creation.) Even then, the odds of them continuing to do it for some time after...

It's not really a bannable offense if someone says something inappropriate for a total duration of what, ten minutes? in a game where it's ridiculously easy to ignore them. I get that you don't deserve any harassment at all, but I've gotten worse than someone asking "are you fat" when I tell someone that agility isn't even remotely useful for them as a warrior. In fact I hear worse on a pretty constant basis. I can watch a healer run into a mob alone and die for it, and one of the DPS will say "kick the tank" (which is what I am) before proceeding to flame me for something completely out of my control.
While I'd love to get idiots like that banned all the time, the amount of manpower necessary for that is ridiculous. And, really... it ends when the dungeon ends. One time out of fifty someone will be pissed enough to character create to lip you off some more. That'll almost always end when you log onto an alt, if you must.

If you have players constantly realm-following you and messaging you for days on end just because your friend said "oh, she's back" in /p, then yes, Blizzard needs to do more. Otherwise... well, you're calling it harassment for dealing with stuff that tanks get on a constant basis. Shrug it off. People are idiots. Why care?
85 Human Paladin

Yay, blue! I love it when someone gets caught in an absurd lie.

Also, I have to laugh that your name starts with "orly". So appropriate here.
100 Draenei Paladin
02/23/2012 09:27 PMPosted by Cryptoknight
For over 3 years these guys on my realm tell me things like "go jump off a building" and "shoot yourself in the head"

So, at the point you signed up for the annual pass, you had been putting up with the harrassment for 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 years, and felt you could deal with it.

But now, after 50 (actually 2, but we can see how you would want to round up) tickets, you want out of the contract....

mhmmm
90 Dwarf Paladin
17 petitions isn't enough for blizzard take action against harrasers?
100 Tauren Druid
I never understand why I see lots of harassment threads. I've been playing for years and years and hardly ever had trouble. In fact, I've only got 1 account on my ignore list! And it's not for harassment either
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]