How do you assign a new guild leader?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Im trying to leave my guild but it says I can't because Im a leader.. How do I appoint a new one?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I've been told that you can hand over guild leader to anyone in your guild, even if they are not on-line with

/gleader <name>

So if you want to promote Imshammybest to GL simply type:

/gleader imshammybest

If /gleader <name> does not work, try /gpromote <name>. I'm not entirely sure what the command is, but it's one of those.

Some Blue Posters have said that it is not supposed to work that way, so they may have fixed it (reference: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2301731925). If neither command works they've more than likely "fixed" it and you would need to submit a ticket to promote an off-line member.

You can promote any on-line character to GL by right clicking their name in the Roster and choosing "Promote to Guild Master" from the drop down menu.
Edited by Malorei on 2/24/2012 7:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
6 Blood Elf Hunter
Open the roster, right click on their name and select "Promote to Guild Leader."
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Level one guilds should be able to be disbanded...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Okay how do I disband it?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
/gdisband

will do it.

I thought /gleader required the person online, but im not sure.
Reply Quote
7 Tauren Warrior
I want to get ride of my guild lvl 1 just made but don't like the name and I tried giving to some one off-line and on-line but it keeps saying error and i don't know why some one plz help me
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Dorkwork, all the answers you need are in this thread, which is a necro. In the future, kindly start a new thread for your own issue.
Reply Quote
If the guild is past level 3 it can not be disbanded, has to be 1-3 :P and they made it now so you can pass it to someone not online. I have done it twice before.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]