Why are tier sets raid-only now?

So why are tier sets raid-only now? Don't raiders already get enough exclusive rewards over the rest of us that can't or are unable to raid? They already have access to all this from raiding:

BiS items (the VP items are not BiS purposely for this, right? seems that way with what I can buy from them)
Heroic Mode gear
Rep Rewards
Craftable Patterns
Epic Gems
Legendaries
Prestigious Titles/Achievements/Mounts

I think the list of perks raiders get is much longer than it needs to be. Players that can raid will raid even if there's no extra benefit to it beyond the loot the bosses drop. Trust me, I would even raid if I could even if it had no extra rewards. I feel I'm at an unnecessary disadvantage because of this. I'm not speaking from feeling over-entitled. I'm speaking out of equal opportunity for all in a fantasy realm, whereas we live IRL in a realm of unequal opportunity already, so I don't need to see that in a game too.

This post is for Blizzard, not for trolls.
Reply Quote
50 Worgen Rogue
Those 10 pieces of VP gear, which are the same iLVL as normal DS loot are not enough for you? Also, please read this article, it contains information that will solve all your problems:

http://www.wowpedia.org/Raid_Finder
Reply Quote
46 Gnome Warlock
Why do you need tier loot if you arent gonna raid? The Hot heroics are faceroll anyway. They offer tier equivalent so its not like youre even getting cheated. Their mistake was the difficulty level on zonozz which drops the gloves. Argueably harder than spine yet the 2nd boss in the instance.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
Not raid only, you can get them by afking now.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
02/28/2012 01:49 AMPosted by Ginevra
BiS items (the VP items are not BiS purposely for this, right? seems that way with what I can buy from them)

the cloak is BiS, unless ur an agi user then its the rhyo cloak

Rep Rewards

DS has rep now?

and just do LFR, the bosses shower u in tier now
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
I also hate the term BiS being used from someone who doesn't raid.... you're acting like the best items in the game should be completely free :( although you do have access to BiS items for doing year old 5 mans that were 2 mannable when they were relevant.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Excellent troll. I say...8/10?
I've seen this type of thread a million and one times. If you don't have time to raid that's too bad. You have other opportunities to get mounts/rewards/gear in game. Speaking of which you clearly spend time pvp'ing since your avg ilvl is higher than mine (in your bags). So gear isn't the issue. You have a TON of achievement points, so you clearly spend a lot of time on your toon, so that's not it either...

"Prestigious" titles lose their prestige if they're available for ANYONE. You should look up some of the definitions of these things. Heck most of the raid titles are only relevant for a few months/half a year at most. Oh well, that's what keeps folks running on the wheel, right?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
they've always been raid-only minus wolk.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
02/28/2012 02:56 AMPosted by Robokapp
they've always been raid-only minus wolk.

Cata 11 and 12 also had bought tier.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
true that. bet MoP will also.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
I remember when nax 10/25 gear was on vendors I had a couple friends say "this expansions going to be for babies" and they hopped out while farming nax for months to go play something else.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Why do TIER pieces only drop from the raid TIER they belong to? LOL. Overcoming challenges in raids is rewarded adequately. Facerolling heroics is over rewarded as it is.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
02/28/2012 07:52 AMPosted by Ninjablaze
Why do TIER pieces only drop from the raid TIER they belong to?

It's obviously a conspiracy.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
So why are tier sets raid-only now? Don't raiders already get enough exclusive rewards over the rest of us that can't or are unable to raid? They already have access to all this from raiding:

Its called Looking For Raid, and if you can't clear Dragon Soul on normal with a 10% nerf why do you need Tier anyway?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Why do you need raiding gear if you don't raid? The answer is that you don't.

If you want a hand out - which is what you're asking for - there's the LFR option. See below:

02/28/2012 02:02 AMPosted by Asane
Not raid only, you can get them by afking now.

Edited by Jooki on 2/28/2012 9:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
02/28/2012 09:03 AMPosted by Jooki
Why do you need raiding gear if you don't raid? The answer is that you don't.

I need it so everyone can see how cool I am when i afk in Org!

Oh wait transmog ruined that =/

Why do these people still want tier gear?

Reply Quote
18 Dwarf Paladin
It's very simple. You previously had the option to guaranteed get 3/5 tier pieces within a set period of time for doing faceroll content. You now have the option to get 5/5 tier pieces within a non-set period of time for doing faceroll content while also having the option to get guaranteed offset pieces which look exactly like the tier pieces after a set period of time (except the shoulders). At this point your only complaint could be that you want the tier set bonuses and I don't know how to help you there. Go raid?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]