Why are tier sets raid-only now?

85 Dwarf Warrior
02/29/2012 02:50 AMPosted by Silverbolt
everyone should be entitled to a promotion at some point regardless of how much they actually do at work.

To be fair, I don't know many employers that never promote people.

and usually the people who are promoted work less, but politic more.

I relate the office environment politics to these forums, look how far crying has got lazy people, at one point whole set was bought from currency points, and now the whole set can drop in a mode tuned for level 80's.
Edited by Asane on 2/29/2012 3:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
@OP: The only answer I can really give you is LFR. You can get a FULL tier set in there. As well as other goodies. Yes you will have to fight the RNG for the gear, but then again raiders have to as well in raids.

On a side note, I personally think a primary, if not secondary, reason for why Blizzard took tier off the VP vendor was because of the sheer amount of complaining from people because they couldn't complete their tier sets without having to fight RNG in the raids to get the head and shoulder tokens.
Reply Quote
02/28/2012 02:01 AMPosted by Squeakydevil
Why do you need tier loot if you arent gonna raid? The Hot heroics are faceroll anyway. They offer tier equivalent so its not like youre even getting cheated. Their mistake was the difficulty level on zonozz which drops the gloves. Argueably harder than spine yet the 2nd boss in the instance.

spine is really easy but oing pong is even easier
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
02/28/2012 09:46 PMPosted by Desumetal
There are plenty of non-raid reputations. The only raiding rep this expansion also came with a reputation that was able to be farmed with dailies. I think that is plenty fair.

Correction. The Avengers of Hyjal reputation could only be gained via killing mobs. You're thinking of the Guardians of Hyjal.

That's not a correction, that's exactly what I said. Let's read again:

The only raiding rep this expansion also came with a reputation that was able to be farmed with dailies. I think that is plenty fair.

I didn't say the raiding reputation was able to be farmed with quests, I said it came WITH a reputation that could be.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I should be able to fight everything naked.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest
I demand my epics be mailed to me weekly versus do any raids. I'm a paying customer like all raiders and demand exactly what they spend hours working on!! I claim I don't have time for raiding yet I still sit hours at a time a week playing this game!!!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Heroic Mode gear - If you're not raiding, you don't need that gear
Rep Rewards - There are no rep rewards for Dragon Soul. There are rep rewards for Firelands, which can be farmed via rep runs where you just kill trash.. which were very popular when Firelands was introduced.
Craftable Patterns - These are available to non raiders, you just need to buy them
Epic Gems - Again, available to non raiders.. but why would you need these if you don't raid?
Legendaries - DPS Casters and Rogues get these.. again, why do you need this if you don't raid?
Prestigious Titles/Achievements/Mounts - You get titles/achievements/mounts for completing heroic 5 man achievements as well

Long story short... you can get tier items from LFR. They're not as great as their normal/heroic counterparts, but if you don't raid then you don't really need those. You don't need a 390+ ilvl to down 5 man dungeons.
Edited by Kalenya on 2/29/2012 12:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
With 2 tier tokens per boss this tier on 25 and over 12 Vanq people in the raid every boss, it's been quite difficult to get a full set compared to the past. I'm fine with it but it makes getting the set so I can mog tough =( Can't even get the normal version anymore since we clear Heroic. Though I'm cool with my current mog.

At least getting the 384 version is easy if you bring some friends. I only need the chest now, and I've been trading it away to others when they need it.
Edited by Digerati on 2/29/2012 1:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
02/29/2012 07:15 AMPosted by Eadoin
I should be able to fight everything naked.

40-player nude raids. This is an idea I could get behind.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
40-player nude raids. This is an idea I could get behind.

Sounds a little too bro-ey.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
9/10, fooled most people
Reply Quote
Here's another idea/addendum to the issue: just put all the tier pieces on the VP for outrageous VP prices. 5k points for gloves? People will pay that. I would, it's my only option. Not unless you can find me a competent guild on my realm that can do 10man content and isn't overfull on my class. I don't do LFR, it's too graphically-intense and in most cases, the LFR loot is actually a downgrade to what I'm wearing, including the LFR tier set. 384's? I'm wearing higher/superior gear. Nowhere in my original post was I demanding gear drop at my feet at my request; I just wish I didn't have to reduce myself to being a tool or a kiss-!@# to get such prestigious items regardless of my capabilities/skill.

Figured I'd have more sympathy from the WoW community, but wow, you kids are insane. Oh well, I'm making all these posts lately for Blizzard, not for you the players that apparently don't even agree with me on any of my posts I've made. My wishes for the game include balance, equal opportunity and fairness across the boards/venues. If I wanted to be part of a world where the rich always get richer, not everyone has equal opportunities to succeed and resources constantly get mis-used or wasted, then I'd just continue being a human being on the planet Earth. I escape that reality here in WoW in hopes of something better that doesn't mirror real life.

Heroic Mode gear - If you're not raiding, you don't need that gear
Rep Rewards - There are no rep rewards for Dragon Soul. There are rep rewards for Firelands, which can be farmed via rep runs where you just kill trash.. which were very popular when Firelands was introduced.
Craftable Patterns - These are available to non raiders, you just need to buy them
Epic Gems - Again, available to non raiders.. but why would you need these if you don't raid?
Legendaries - DPS Casters and Rogues get these.. again, why do you need this if you don't raid?
Prestigious Titles/Achievements/Mounts - You get titles/achievements/mounts for completing heroic 5 man achievements as well

Long story short... you can get tier items from LFR. They're not as great as their normal/heroic counterparts, but if you don't raid then you don't really need those. You don't need a 390+ ilvl to down 5 man dungeons.

I can refute EVERY 1 of your supposed reasons to those.

Heroic Mode Gear - Maybe I don't need it, but technically, NONE of us needs ANY of the items in here; we simply want them to increase our stats/performance/#'s.

Rep Rewards - Sure DS has no reputation, so I am regarding AoH, which the 391 rings were still good/useful till you can get the 397's in DS. And you can only reach Honored killing the trash in Firelands, bosskills give you the rest through Revered, which is kinda dumb, just like it was dumb back in MC/AQ40 for that rep too. No guild steps into Firelands on my realm anymore; need to find a way to keep older tiers still relevant or desired to do even for fun.

Craftable Patterns - Yes they can be bought, but do these patterns ONLY have to drop in raids? Really?

Epic Gems - Maybe I don't need those either, just like raiders and the whole of the community don't need heroic mode gear either. We don't, technically, need any of this stuff. We simply want it to maximize our stats/performance/#'s.

Legendaries - See my refute for Heroic Mode Gear & Epic Gems. Same rationale applies. Maybe I want to earn the Legendary but I didn't kiss $%^ to get into a top notch guild and/or be a GM/officer in an already established guild; something I had no luck or control over in my entire WoW career when I look back at the guilds I've been a member of (it's all luck of the draw which guilds are gonna fold and which don't; you can never see the future).

LFR tier is a downgrade for me; in fact in my current gear set I've out-performed people in LFR tier. Ilvl is just a # that doesn't actually serve its true purpose anyways (to set a standard for qualifying for doing certain levels of content; moot point since skill/bossfight knowledge are more important to have in all actuality).

I know I said it alot in my post here, but yeah, NONE of us NEED ANYthing in the game. We simply want it or want the opportunity to get it in order to simply increase our #'s. Right?

Reply Quote
02/29/2012 10:50 AMPosted by Scyllua
I demand my epics be mailed to me weekly versus do any raids. I'm a paying customer like all raiders and demand exactly what they spend hours working on!! I claim I don't have time for raiding yet I still sit hours at a time a week playing this game!!!

Spoken like a true "Have" that doesn't want the overly-capable "Have Not" to even reach the chance to out-perform him. Typical Raider Snob. I didn't even have to read any of the 40 replies in here to bet gold this isn't the only snide snobby remark amongst them. You wouldn't be as unsympathetic if u were on the opposite side of my thread's topic. I, however, would be, since I know that it's all about performance if everyone had equal access to everything (including your precious legendary that I'd daily thank my guild for helping me achieve if I had the opportunity).
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Just have stat-less appearance items available via Darkmoon or spending justice points.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
At the end of the day when It comes to helping others there are only a few that will receive it from me. Friends and guildies, why waste my valuable time helping someone who I will most likely never meet again. Since I pay my 15 bucks a month like everyone else I plan to get the most out of it. Why should my time and dedication be under-mined/under valued because someone cant make time to what I do...Not my fault, not my problem.

A person who cant find his way into a regular 10 or 25man raiding guild should not be able to achieve what the 8/8 or H 8/8 can get. They spend hours and hours getting where they were, why should some anybody be able to do the least amount of work possible and still get the same gain?
Edited by Infernô on 3/4/2012 12:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
The worst idea ever was having to buy all the 10 man gear from badges, then win a token in 25 man to upgrade to 25 man gear. That was the most grindy of the systems.

All the other systems involved some sort of precognition about whether you'd get lucky in your raid and win a piece or whether you should just spend valor to get 2pc bonus. It felt very cruddy to finally break down and buy the tier only to have it drop in the raid that week.

This current system doesn't feel grindy at all because you know right away you can spend valor on pieces that don't drop in the raid at all without debating whether to buy tier or wait. My 10 alts appreciate this new system with LFR dropping tier.

The only issue I have is with the distribution of tier tokens and class makeup in the raid. It's not great when you have 7 people on vanq and that token hates dropping for your group. While LFR can supplement this, it still sucks when you never see an upgrade week after week. This is the only reason left IMO to have tier on the vendor.
Reply Quote
So... you want something without having to work for it? I get it. Lol.
Reply Quote
03/03/2012 11:39 PMPosted by Ginevra

Spoken like a true "Have" that doesn't want the overly-capable "Have Not" to even reach the chance to out-perform him. Typical Raider Snob. I didn't even have to read any of the 40 replies in here to bet gold this isn't the only snide snobby remark amongst them. You wouldn't be as unsympathetic if u were on the opposite side of my thread's topic. I, however, would be, since I know that it's all about performance if everyone had equal access to everything (including your precious legendary that I'd daily thank my guild for helping me achieve if I had the opportunity).

Your posts indicate that you have a ridiculous sense of self-entitlement. This is a game where you EARN what you have, it's not given to you. And in previous posts you've insinuated that you have to kiss @ss to get into a good guild... totally not true. Just don't be a person who expects everything to be handed to them on a silver platter just because they pay $15 a month. And if you want a raid spot, work hard to be the best mage you can be and quit whining about it.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]