Ignore PvP any longer?

86 Dwarf Hunter
Come on guys, give them a break, they already lost some of their workforce. Give it some time and they will make it a ok.
100 Night Elf Druid
02/29/2012 03:35 PMPosted by Holypenguin
. The sheer ACT of addressing PvP balance now would greatly invigorate the playerbase. But the fact that they have been ignoring PvP to such a degree only serves to step on the faith that the player's actually have in the company itself.

Holypenguin is 100% correct. It's no fun having over 5000 resilience only to go from 100% - 20%, with Barkskin, in 7 seconds. It was no fun to require 3 people to take down a Blood Death Knight. Damage overall is too high. Easily solved with a damage reduction aura active in arena and battlegrounds, which they've done before. The same for healing. It just makes no sense to me that you acknowledge problems but instead of implementing even a band aid fix, you leave the player base hanging for several months.
90 Undead Priest
The real question of PvP:

When is Resto Shaman / Warlock / XXXXX going to be fixed?

Honestly, nothing else really needs to be said. Just go look at the ladders. RLS, MLS, Shadowplay dominating everything.

We can rest assured that they have no intentions of fixing any of this.
90 Draenei Shaman
02/29/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Nethaera
I'm not going to go point by point right now, but I do want to reassure you that we're not ignoring PvP. We're definitely aware of the concerns that players have and like much of the current development, are working on many things for the future of World of Warcraft (as a whole) and Mists of Pandaria. With the press tour coming up in March, we can hopefully be able to get you a better look at what we have planned and how we're planning to address things such as the PvP concerns that people have and have been expressing. I'm not going to promise that we'll "fix" everything that everyone has concerns about because that's not something we can ever guarantee, but we will be keeping a close eye on all of the (constructive) feedback that we expect you will have. We also look forward to when we'll be able to get community members into the beta test (when it occurs) to give it a first-hand look as well.

Neth, the issue with PvP in Cataclysm is that aside from a couple really minor changes here or there, it's been ignored this entire expansion. You can say "we're watching, we're listening" all you want, and have been all expansion, but have you been "doing" ?

From the PvP community point of view, it's an emphatic no.

In entry level and mid level PvP, Rogues, Feral Druids and Death Knights have been running rampant almost this entire expansion. Casters in general, aside from Mages, have been helpless this entire expansion outside the top 100 rated teams in each bracket. There has been literally ZERO PvP content released in the past 14 months. Tol Barad was a lazy excuse for world PvP, especially after how brilliant Wintergrasp ended up being after working out the kinks - things the developers learned that COULD have been taken advantage of for Tol Barad, but instead made the most boring, uninteresting excuse for world PvP this game has ever seen. And there weren't even any rewards. Halaa was better.

I hear the "promises" of bringing back world PvP, though I'm not so sure I believe them. If it does happen, you'll need to do a much better job at balancing it, or it won't be any fun to take part in. And if it isn't balanced right away, it better not wait until expansion 5 to get a review like it's taken until MoP for Cata PvP to get a review. Being a Warlock mired in mediocrity at best outside Affliction only in high rated 3v3 (relying heavily on a Resto Shaman) for over a year isn't fun, and I don't blame anyone for being upset about that.
Edited by Ashunera on 2/29/2012 3:45 PM PST
90 Troll Hunter
What makes this unbalance is server population in regards to players that play pvp and those that don't. I can beat any class on my terms 1:1. it it when we have a bunch of newbs going against a full Cata Geared Alliance team where I get ticked off. There should be a restructuring of the Battlegroups. Add a more balance with servers that are equal in terms of PVP. Currently Alliance is OP in my battle group and it makes it not fun, because it creates a snowball effect. Ally win more, get better gear, win more, get better gear. Horde eventually gets trampled on b/c no one can gear up as fast to compete.

Nuff said..
90 Worgen Warrior
02/29/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Nethaera
are working on many things for the future of World of Warcraft (as a whole) and Mists of Pandaria.

Bleh, that's sort of the problem. Warmage's point was: There's an obvious imbalance in PvP right now.

It's gotten to the point where I don't even feel like trying to do 3s at all. (Inb4 armory bash) I know it's not a L2P issue. A major problem is actually just finding a team that will allow me to play with them. Who in their right mind would want to try and shoot for high rating with a warrior? Sure, they're viable to 2.2k, but after that? rofl. Why not just replace them with a DK or rogue, two classes that are better than warriors in terms of mobility and damage? I'm not saying I'm quitting this game because it's still a lot of fun to me, but it's extremely disheartening that a class has been rendered completely useless for an entire PvP season.

I'm not going to go into details because I'm sure Blizzard reads the constant bickering and QQing on the warrior forums nowadays. Being an avid warrior-forum-er, I can't refresh the page without seeing a new thread titled "WTF BLIZZ Y U NO FIX WARRIORS!!!!1" or, "I'm re rolling, what class should I pick?" I feel so unmotivated to play a warrior knowing that I can't fully enjoy both aspects of this game without wanting to tear out my eye balls trying to PvP. It's also pretty sad to see others quitting their warriors to go play a rogue, DK, or a mage just so they can be useful in PvP.

All I got out of your post Neth, as clever as it was, was that we just have to suck it up until Mists comes out and hope to the WoW Gods that you're making the right decisions in fixing class balance in PvP. Not just for us Warriors, but for everyone's sake. :|
85 Orc Warrior
Honestly the answer of "We'll fix it in mop" is crap. The changes that need to be made to certain classes aren't huge quality of life issues at all. For one, the two most OP classes, at least in my opinion are frost mage and sub rogue. Neither one of those specs is super viable in pve, although I do know of people raiding sub on some boss fights. Small nerfs to both of those specs damage output would not break raiding or significantly affect pve.

The same goes for weak classes in pvp. Is it really still necesarry for recklessness to cause a warrior to take increased damage. Simply removing that would make warriors a lot stronger in pvp, and not really affect raiders at all. It's not rocket science, its laziness on the developers part. And yes, this is directed at Greg Street. I have noticed a significant decline in hot fixes and attempts at balancing over powered classes since he took over development.

Like I was saying, pvp completely sucks for certain classes, to the point that its downright not fun to play, and we as the loyal, remaining customers deserve better.
Edited by Axeplay on 2/29/2012 4:00 PM PST
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Okay I haven't finished reading through this but if you think swtor pvp is good you haven't played it at max level its worse then wow
4 Gnome Rogue
02/29/2012 03:59 PMPosted by Bundy
1. Bundy/Reiscence, stop harassing. If you don't like what the OP said then get out plox. I don't mind that you disagree. It's just, at least to me, the OP makes sense. Classes are unbalanced and if blizzard wants pvp to be respectable in anyway (which they don't) it should at least almost be balanced. Sure there will be quirks but 3 guys hitting one healer in a BG and he keeps himself and his team up? That shouldn't be a thing >_> Just throwing my two cents in.

You're getting me wrong.

I'm not saying the op can't call for changes. That's cool. More power to do your good fight.

I'm not saying I disagree. I'm saying it's the nature of the beast.

Oh, and you're not the boss of me. This was an open forum the last time I checked.

Dunno why you're defending yourself, this entire thread is filled with bads who make hilariously stupid comments like 1 healer keeping themselves up versus 3 terribads (which is of course, a thing) while in arena people are getting globaled by people who know how to play.
I love how the "I'm really bad and stupid and too lazy to get even remotely better and don't understand why glads are glad and I'm 1200" discourse gets this sub-section of forum posters who have no idea what's going on and post from the bronze age of ignorance to band together against their oppressors and blame the system. b@ds gonna b@d cy@
85 Worgen Druid
02/29/2012 03:56 PMPosted by Gunny
All I got out of your post Neth, as clever as it was, was that we just have to suck it up until Mists comes out and hope to the WoW Gods that you're making the right decisions in fixing class balance in PvP. Not just for us Warriors, but for everyone's sake. :|

I got more of a "We know we're ignoring you so go ahead and take a 6 month WoW break. We'll be here if you come back after MoP fixes all."

They've laid off 600 employees to offset the coming subscription losses. Way to be proactive.

they're revamping talents completely, there is no point to waste man hours in rebalancing which classes are happy and which ones are unhappy at the moment. they're interchangeable, as they always have been.

just roll an alt, or even unsubscribe and play another game. they expect and plan for it, as you said, and it's honestly not a world-shaking development to take a break if you absolutely cannot find a way to make yourself happy.
27 Dwarf Mage
delete
Edited by Opra on 3/9/2012 7:26 PM PST
85 Undead Priest
Honestly the answer of "We'll fix it in mop" is crap. The changes that need to be made to certain classes aren't huge quality of life issues at all. For one, the two most OP classes, at least in my opinion are frost mage and sub rogue. Neither one of those specs is super viable in pve, although I do know of people raiding sub on some boss fights. Small nerfs to both of those specs damage output would not break raiding or significantly affect pve. The same goes for weak classes in pvp. Is it really still necesarry for recklessness to cause a warrior to take increased damage. Simply removing that would make warriors a lot stronger in pvp, and not really affect raiders at all. It's not rocket science, its laziness on the developers part. And yes, this is directed at Greg Street.

I'll agree that frost mages and sub rogues(especially sub rogues) are way out of hand right now. A scrub player can't do anything with a frost mage, but a scrub player on a rogue can still do a lot of damage with little effort.

*edit* I forgot to mention DKs. They are even more faceroll.
Edited by Grimful on 2/29/2012 4:09 PM PST
85 Draenei Priest
Here's another issue that JUST came up in pvp BG's nice report afk thing for bots/afkers in battleground but a mass report instant kicks? I was trying out survival on my hunter and was kicked 20 points before an AB. I was top dps as survival and so "Blame game BG's" arguement starts and I just get spammed reported afk in the GY seconds from the end and kicked. Nice implement a way to screw over the non AFK players when 10 scrubs don't like you in a battleground.

edit: /golfclap
Edited by Iriori on 2/29/2012 4:10 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]