Ignore PvP any longer?

85 Draenei Priest
if anything, it increases both of your skill ceilings because the rogue has to discover what combination of moves best suit that limited duration and you have to figure out how best to counter it with the tools you have.

He doesn't have to discover anything though, garrote for the silence, premeditation if it's up, then AMBUSH AMBUSH AMBUSH AMBUSH AMBUSH, or just use the entire dance for a shadowstep sap. All it did was make him think less of, should I cheap,ambush, or garrote on the opener? Now he will do whatever and dance after. Who cares he can do it all now.
85 Worgen Druid
you just described like 5 different things he could do with ONE ENABLING MOVE, man; seems like great skill-based design to me. the overall effectiveness of that move lineup is a completely different factor of balance, the point is that the one shadow dance input opens up a dazzling array of things the rogue can do to cc the enemy team or burst.

edit: a good rogue is going to think about every bit of the opener. come on, you're an arena master, surely you've played with decent players.
Edited by Reticence on 2/29/2012 2:26 PM PST
Community Manager
I'm not going to go point by point right now, but I do want to reassure you that we're not ignoring PvP. We're definitely aware of the concerns that players have and like much of the current development, are working on many things for the future of World of Warcraft (as a whole) and Mists of Pandaria. With the press tour coming up in March, we can hopefully be able to get you a better look at what we have planned and how we're planning to address things such as the PvP concerns that people have and have been expressing. I'm not going to promise that we'll "fix" everything that everyone has concerns about because that's not something we can ever guarantee, but we will be keeping a close eye on all of the (constructive) feedback that we expect you will have. We also look forward to when we'll be able to get community members into the beta test (when it occurs) to give it a first-hand look as well.
85 Draenei Priest
I had to go count it, (excluding teams with 1 or 2 members) 14/25 of the top 3's teams on BG9 have resto shamans, If only there were 2 healing classes I'd find this acceptable.

Also 14/25 have rogues. Then either mixed with Locks/boomkins or just more rogues (triple rogue in gladiator range)<----LOL seeing this on the ladder was enough for me to never re activate my account.
85 Draenei Priest
02/29/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Reticence
you just described like 5 different things he could do with ONE ENABLING MOVE, man; seems like great skill-based design to me. the overall effectiveness of that move lineup is a completely different factor of balance, the point is that the one shadow dance input opens up a dazzling array of things the rogue can do to cc the enemy team or burst.

How is a silence that has diminishing returns and ambush = 5, I've seen most rogues dance on an opener so premeditation wont be up, they just DR garrote and spam ambush. It would be great if they had to shadowdance sap, but why? it's better just to pure dps and let your team focus on CC. lrn2count
85 Draenei Priest
They don't need to think, they see the class and decide, ambush or garrote. That's it, I can't imagine anymore thought process going into it then that. Rogues in my opinion have a high skill cap, but the thing is they don't NEED to shadowdance sap, gouge on CD and do all this fancy stuff. They can not know how to do any of this and be gladiator. (Played with a gladiator rogue who didn't know how to shadowdance sap)
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Op mad cause bad
85 Worgen Druid
they're opener dancing to generate pressure, bro, not to get a kill unless you actually let them kill someone. premed-cs-garrote-ambush is 4, but honestly it was just an approximation, I feel like you're missing or intentionally ignoring the forest for the trees.

also, you've never seen a rogue blind someone, be unable to vanish or restealth and go for a combat sap? I've had this new 85 for 3 weeks and already seen that in 2s alone.

edit: yeah, and I've known gladiator holy pallies that clicked heals. that's not an argument, people get carried all the time.
Edited by Reticence on 2/29/2012 2:36 PM PST
85 Night Elf Hunter
02/29/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Nethaera
I'm not going to go point by point right now, but I do want to reassure you that we're not ignoring PvP. We're definitely aware of the concerns that players have and like much of the current development, are working on many things for the future of World of Warcraft (as a whole) and Mists of Pandaria. With the press tour coming up in March, we can hopefully be able to get you a better look at what we have planned and how we're planning to address things such as the PvP concerns that people have and have been expressing. I'm not going to promise that we'll "fix" everything that everyone has concerns about because that's not something we can ever guarantee, but we will be keeping a close eye on all of the (constructive) feedback that we expect you will have. We also look forward to when we'll be able to get community members into the beta test (when it occurs) to give it a first-hand look as well.

Always the same reply been like this for a while.

TBC wil fix it.
Wrath will fix it.
Cata will fix it.
now...

MoP will fix it....

90 Dwarf Warrior

Ok.

What do you have planned for PvP before the next expansion, which is still at least 6 months away?
90 Worgen Mage
Nethaera: My concern on pvp is this and if you could, please address it

Will you please confirm that those of us on PVE servers who

Do not want or care for 'world pvp"
Rolled on PVE servers to be able to play in peace and be left alone

will not find themselves forced into pvp, will not find the guards nerfed so the gankers and griefers can lock down quest hubs and npc's at will.

Thank you.
85 Draenei Priest
02/29/2012 02:35 PMPosted by Reticence
they're opener dancing to generate pressure, bro, not to get a kill unless you actually let them kill someone. premed-cs-garrote-ambush is 4

I ran RMP last season to 2500, that was sadly the second highest RMP on BG9 we killed people in the opener half the time, dance bomb I dps with shadowfiend, and a mage with his ring. It's over just a disc priest dps with maybe a frostbolt or 2 and we globaled you. I've seen it many times I SAID I've played with >>gladiators<< who do NOT know how to shadowdance sap. So yes, rogues can nearly solo people in an opener and nearly is what is should never be when there are also 2 people with you.
Community Manager

Ok.

What do you have planned for PvP before the next expansion, which is still at least 6 months away?

It's too soon for me to go into any specific PvP plans, changes, or time frames as of yet. But we will be.

For those who are falling back to "Next expansion pack will fix it" as a complaint-- The most I can say is that this is the cycle of MMO development. As you also know, we've generally made changes that affect the game as a whole available to anyone regardless of whether they have purchased the new expansion pack or not as well as add content that is available via the expansion. That said though, I'm not making any guarantees of anything at this point in time, but I want the door left open for the possibilities. We'll be doing our best to explain all of this in the near future as I've mentioned.

Will you please confirm that those of us on PVE servers who

Do not want or care for 'world pvp"
Rolled on PVE servers to be able to play in peace and be left alone

will not find themselves forced into pvp, will not find the guards nerfed so the gankers and griefers can lock down quest hubs and npc's at will.

I can't address these concerns for you right now, but we're aware of them and as I've mentioned in prior posts, we want to make sure what we're doing allows for PvP without infringing on those who are not as interested in taking part. The devil (as always) is in the details, however and we'll make sure to share those details with you all when we can so we can get your feedback.
Edited by Nethaera on 2/29/2012 2:44 PM PST
77 Troll Druid

Thanks for the post! That sounds like there might be more attention on pvp than going into Cata beta.
90 Night Elf Druid
I was pretty disheartened by the PvP druid healer concerns being given an answer of "Patch 5.0 will address these concerns". That's great, but that was said last year and resto still isn't very fun to play. You've acknowledged they have survivability issues, why not band-aid it so that it's actually enjoyable until patch 5.0 is out?

The only things I'm looking forward to with regards to Mists of Pandaria PvP are the new battlegrounds, world pvp incentives and a new Alterac Valley bracket so that the NPC's don't die as you target them: at least until the first major content patch.

I'm hoping one of the things revealed in the coming weeks is something along the lines of "Alterac Valley will now be a longer lasting battleground" (which absolutely wouldn't take the manpower and effort Blizzard make it out to be: no one wants you to remake the whole map) because aside from endless queues there's very little to do and it would be nice to get immersed in a game that doesn't end in 20 minutes (and that's a generous time for the AV of today). 1 hour games would be perfect.
Edited by Bynir on 2/29/2012 2:53 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]