Congratulations to <Despotism>

85 Human Priest
For their Realm First Heroic Deathwing kill!

Way to go guys!!!
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
Lauren Jackson all the way baby. ^.^
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
*clap clap clap*
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
02/28/2012 08:49 PMPosted by Snoflaké

NERF SNOFLAKE!

Gratz again guys. I know I left midtier but I'm still glad to see you guys on top!
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Awesome work :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Should of killed it last week =[
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Blood Elf Adornus...really? (though it does match the oh so pretty pally tier gear).

Thanks though.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Yeah, Arcane Torrent was too good to pass up. It was a debate though, almost went tauren.

Gratz again guys, glad you got it down!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Grats, was hoping you guys would get it last week.

Maybe we'll be looking at it after an icc-style 30% nerf :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Grats
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid

Maybe we'll be looking at it after an icc-style 30% nerf :(

You have a Feral Druid, its like adding at least 2 layers of the debuff versus not having one (for Spine), you guys will be ok.
Edited by Arinya on 2/29/2012 9:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Feral Druid is certainly helpful for Spine, but we killed it on Sunday with a Prot Warrior/Prot Paladin line-up. So don't give up if your feral can't make it one night or something. Some general things:

1. Make sure DPS are using the Valor Trinkets for Tendon burst.
2. It actually is a DPS race besides the Tendon, you can't afford to "go easy" on the Amalgs, everything needs to be as fast as possible
3. You can avoid Barrel Rolling until after the second plate has been torn off and also have 2 Amalgs up at once to help increase DPS (or for the first plate, give DPS a target while you're waiting on enough bloods to spawn)
4. Handling the fiery grip correctly is vital, if you have a shadow priest they do extremely well on it, triple Mind Spike + Mind Blast will break it. Make sure one doesn't go off during a Tendon burn, you have about a 10 second window (out of 30 second grip cycles) in which to actually cause the tendon to be exposed (aka, the Amalg needs to explode anywhere between 1 and 10 seconds after a grip).

02/29/2012 03:25 AMPosted by Frostgoblin

2% wipe. : /

But thank you.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Gratz guys. Deserved it!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Feral Druid is certainly helpful for Spine, but we killed it on Sunday with a Prot Warrior/Prot Paladin line-up. So don't give up if your feral can't make it one night or something. Some general things:

1. Make sure DPS are using the Valor Trinkets for Tendon burst.
2. It actually is a DPS race besides the Tendon, you can't afford to "go easy" on the Amalgs, everything needs to be as fast as possible
3. You can avoid Barrel Rolling until after the second plate has been torn off and also have 2 Amalgs up at once to help increase DPS (or for the first plate, give DPS a target while you're waiting on enough bloods to spawn)
4. Handling the fiery grip correctly is vital, if you have a shadow priest they do extremely well on it, triple Mind Spike + Mind Blast will break it. Make sure one doesn't go off during a Tendon burn, you have about a 10 second window (out of 30 second grip cycles) in which to actually cause the tendon to be exposed (aka, the Amalg needs to explode anywhere between 1 and 10 seconds after a grip).

1 and 2 are the best advice you can give for the fight. If you have a Feral tank, make him use full DPS gear alongside one of those poppables. (If he doesn't have any, reforge/gem to DPS) Really makes the fight a whole level of easier.

Not sure about 3, don't think avoiding the roll has any value really, you save some time but you lose 1 blood corruption and you can regain most of the time lost by rolling off all the bloods that are leftover from first plate, something you don't get to do that way.

Fiery Grips really aren't that big a deal, a sign of whether you're going fast enough is that you're going to get a grip right before first feed because you have to wait for 9 blood and the fight happens to go like that, and then if you kill the corruption on that grip (you should, if you do amalgs normally) you will get a grip from the newer corruption after it closes, one at around 55% and one right before you feed again. Slower than that you're going too slow and won't make it in the end, and if you can go faster it doesn't matter that you get gripped mid-tendon because tendons will most likely die anyway.

As for breaking, I'd recommend having 2 people cast twice as opposed to 1 person 4 times, making sure you cast 4 times if your partner gets gripped.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I think we can agree there are a number of ways to approach the encounter and we can debate the merits of said approaches, but it might be better to do so elsewhere. Pretty sure both of us (and plenty of others) are happy to help Burn Phase if they want help.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
02/29/2012 04:34 PMPosted by Balkoth
I think we can agree there are a number of ways to approach the encounter and we can debate the merits of said approaches, but it might be better to do so elsewhere. Pretty sure both of us (and plenty of others) are happy to help Burn Phase if they want help.

=( there's never any interesting discussion on these forums, dayum! But you're right, it's good to point out the other side of the fence too.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
02/28/2012 09:11 PMPosted by Adornus

NERF SNOFLAKE!

Gratz again guys. I know I left midtier but I'm still glad to see you guys on top!

My Ilvl went up like 15 points the past 3 weeks. Nice to finally get gear. Pew pews.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I see you guys have a surge of Protector too, we don't have anyone to really give it to, though.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
02/29/2012 04:58 PMPosted by Arinya
=( there's never any interesting discussion on these forums, dayum! But you're right, it's good to point out the other side of the fence too.

Hey, I'm happy to discuss it, just was trying to avoid turning this specific thread into a strategy/theorycrafting discussion. Would be glad to exchange ideas and thoughts in another thread, or PMs on one of our sites, or whatever.

02/29/2012 06:34 PMPosted by Arinya
I see you guys have a surge of Protector too, we don't have anyone to really give it to, though.

We need more Conq Tokens. Still don't have a 397 or 410 tier shoulder. Don't have a 397 or 410 tier hands either, but ideally I'd get Spine hands.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]