Herbs and their effects on the mind

80 Blood Elf Hunter
Greetings Moon Guard!!

I wanted to toss out this idea to you all.

Now I know there ate a ton of herbs out there and they are used for professions such as alchemy and inscription. And we all know that Bloodthistle is the only one that can be eaten. (by blood elves)

BUT!

What if they could all be eaten? As if they were bloodthistel? What effects would they have? How would they effect someone that isn't a blood elf or has never had a herb in their system?

One i thought of was Silverleaf. It could be used as an antidote weather in it's potent form (the leaf) or the extract of it. one a friend of mine had thought of is Dreamfoil- used as a sleep aid or a knock-out sleeping drug.

What are your thoughts? There are many herbs out there! Please tell me your ideas! Once I finish this list I will post it up here for everyone to see! :3

Thank you for your time in reading this!

~Dethindis Sin'Jaeooris, Botanist to Tempered in Blood
Edited by Dethindis on 2/29/2012 9:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
68 Draenei Paladin
Already said it.

FANTASTIC idea. Totally bumping, and supporting your research.
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Priest
Bloodthistle is also addictive and gives you adverse affects if you discontinue eating it.

I like this project! I've thought of several to humbly add for consideration:

• Peacebloom used in a salve for cuts and abrasions and to encourage healing.
  • Silverleaf as a tea or infusion for particularly nasty coughs.
  • Earthroot as a tea for lowering blood pressure.
  • Sungrass bundled and lit for purification, much like white sage.
  • Adder's tongue will give hallucinations if it doesn't kill you. Drunk in tea or smoked.
  • Purple lotus for a fragrant tea to calm.
  • Edited by Kahjira on 2/29/2012 10:20 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    80 Blood Elf Hunter
    http://www.wowwiki.com/User:Eveshka/A_Medicinal_Guide_to_Azerothian_and_Outland_Herbs

I frequently use this in my RP, though of course it's fan-fiction and nothing's set in stone.

Thank you for the link! It will add to my research!
    Reply Quote
    88 Human Warrior
    That guide didn't mention one of the few actual herb teas we have as an example in the game, Goldthorn Tea. It restores mana, but I wouldn't take that as an herb effect, rather that it's that way because it's a drink. But at least you know it's safe to drink as a tea, as opposed to after going through an alchemist's treatment of the plant.

My deeply confused Forsaken druid keeps dried goldthorn in her robes, steeps it into tea on the spot and offers the tea to whatever disgusted person is nearby.
    Reply Quote
    80 Blood Elf Hunter
    Thank you so far! XD This is definitely helping me!
    Reply Quote
    85 Night Elf Rogue
    Often seen people 'smoking' peacebloom as a sort of weed analogue.
    Reply Quote
    02/29/2012 11:17 AMPosted by Elabroche

My priest does this.

He doesn't smoke Felweed tho, and refuses to, as I would imagine that to have roughly the same affect as crack and then some. Add that to your Fanons, perhaps? We have to have the definite-self-destruction taboo ones somewhere in there.
    Reply Quote
    90 Tauren Warrior
    This is pretty cool! Gonna keep an eye on this thread.

+Bump
    Reply Quote
    80 Blood Elf Hunter
    ~Bump
    Reply Quote
    85 Human Priest
    This is neat, I approve.

Based on release Cata, Twilight Jasmine should make you float into the air or turn invisible when people approach...
    Reply Quote
    90 Dwarf Paladin
    I hate when people try to use Felweed and think it's the same as it's real life namesake.

FEL
    WEED

IT'S POISONUS
    FEL
    DEMONS
    FEL
    Reply Quote
    88 Human Warrior
    but it, like, has weed in the name, man. what else could "weed" be talking about? pshhhh
    Edited by Lito on 2/29/2012 1:27 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    61 Human Death Knight
    02/29/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Lito
    but it, like, has weed in the name, man. what else could "weed" be talking about? pshhhh

Never mix your Peacebloom and your Felweed.

Light bless you if you throw Bloodthistle into the equation as well.
    Edited by Caristinn on 2/29/2012 1:37 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    98 Orc Shaman
    02/29/2012 11:21 AMPosted by Iriako

My priest does this.

He doesn't smoke Felweed tho, and refuses to, as I would imagine that to have roughly the same affect as crack and then some. Add that to your Fanons, perhaps? We have to have the definite-self-destruction taboo ones somewhere in there.

I, and others I've always RP'd with, have always used Peacebloom as some sort of herb with both antihistamine and anti-inflamtory properties. Smoking it tends to resolve minor headaches while using the flesh of the plant in salves or potions invokes it's stronger medicinal properties that help alleviate pain.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]