Message from Mike Morhaime

(Locked)

41 Gnome Priest
They don't have enough resources to release content quickly, or update character models, give us decent in-game storytelling or even give us 4 tiers of content instead of 3.

It seems these cuts were needed so Blizzard can become even less productive.
85 Human Warlock
Lets just wait and see what the affected employee's say, I am sure they will be talking after all an anonymous source is immune to confidentiality agreements.

In either case, Blizzard appears to be heading the path of other soulless cooperations now. Such as EA,and Ubisoft. If only they could shake the stranglehold activision has on them.'

Kudo's for giving severance packages because most companies just fire the employee's.

I still expect a fully staffed customer support team just letting you know now. I also don't intend to buy any future products now.

Get your head out of your butt. If you "dont intend" buy any products from companies that cut staff you wouldnt buy anything including electricity, gas and so forth.

FYI shove your expectations :D
Edited by Thorunsdots on 2/29/2012 10:01 AM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
Lets just wait and see what the affected employee's say, I am sure they will be talking after all an anonymous source is immune to confidentiality agreements.

In either case, Blizzard appears to be heading the path of other soulless cooperations now. Such as EA,and Ubisoft. If only they could shake the stranglehold activision has on them.'

Kudo's for giving severance packages because most companies just fire the employee's.

I still expect a fully staffed customer support team just letting you know now. I also don't intend to buy any future products now.

Wow.... Are you really this arrogant and/or not in tune with what goes on in the real world?

They don't have enough resources to release content quickly, or update character models, give us decent in-game storytelling or even give us 4 tiers of content instead of 3.

It seems these cuts were needed so Blizzard can become even less productive.

Just no.

If I own a software company and notice that my company is getting to big too fast (as in too many employees) and i decide that the marketting department and the legal department are not as needed right now and slim those departments down, please tell me how that affects my ability to develop content.
Edited by Drumith on 2/29/2012 10:04 AM PST
100 Draenei Mage
Overstaffed? That's a joke surely.

Perhaps the people you're letting go had been on vacation this entire expansion, in which case good job.
90 Night Elf Druid

Perhaps the people you're letting go had been on vacation this entire expansion, in which case good job.

Because WoW is the only product blizzard has....
100 Blood Elf Mage
I wish all the affected employees the best of luck in their future employment ventures.

Btw, my friend (who used to work for Blizzard) told me all the positions affected were GM's :( He said they had more GM's than they were getting cust service petitions.
Edited by Draco on 2/29/2012 10:10 AM PST
67 Human Mage

Wow.... Are you really this arrogant and/or not in tune with what goes on in the real world?

Yeah, some of the posters sound like 12 year olds, who don't even know how to manage a weekly allowance, trying to sound business savy. You have to laugh.

They have no idea how the real business world works outside of pithy little slogans and anti-business rhetoric they hear. Their need to be relevent outweighs their lack of understanding.
86 Human Death Knight
You know the economy is bad when Blizzard is letting people go. :(
100 Tauren Druid
Good luck to those who are let go.
100 Human Priest
I'm horrified that anyone would think that someone should be fired over how a game turned out. Those of you who are saying people should be fired over the state of Cataclysm should feel awful for thinking such a terrible thing.

What's happening to those employees must be devastating, and my heart goes out to them. I hope that they will be able to find comfort and steady new jobs as quickly as possible.
Edited by Malvalen on 2/29/2012 10:15 AM PST
100 Draenei Mage

Because WoW is the only product blizzard has....

Too many staff is the reason it's taken them 12 years to develop Diablo III? It's the reason the PVE raid and non-raid content past T11 in WoW was absolutely anemic / non-existant for the life of this entire expansion? Because they had too many people working on it. Of course.
100 Human Paladin
Condolences to anyone who lost their job, especially in this economy.
10 Orc Shaman
Pleasing stockholders one underling sacrifice at a time... I truly feel for all of these people that lost their jobs. I know I have always dreamed of working at a company like Blizzard- one in which you feel connected to the company on some level other than money. I just wish this sentiment went both ways up and down the chain of command. Good luck to all of you and your families, and know that you were a part of creating a world many people love and enjoy every day. That is bigger than money.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]