Message from Mike Morhaime

(Locked)

85 Orc Hunter
Thanks for being public and candid about this announcement. This may be unrelated, but I have noticed a drastic decrease in the amount of time it takes to have a service ticket completed.

It sounds like perhaps, if the staff cuts were in the support department, that the development of internal tools and external documentation to better let your customers help themselves has reduced the need for support staff. Overall, even though it results in jobs lost, it is a very positive change for any company to make.

Thank you for keeping us in the loop and doing what you can to prevent speculation.

and

Hey. Could we not turn this thread into a bash-fest on Blizzard?

The people being let go deserve a bit more respect than that.

I'd like to lend my support to both these statements. Blizz didn't have to say a word to us but I appreciate the fact they did and I wish those who will be moving on good luck and the very best.
86 Undead Death Knight
02/29/2012 10:47 AMPosted by Mcatt
Wow that's lame! what a way to start 2012, good morning~ no longer co-workers. Here is 2 months pay, benefits for 90 days and a letter of thanks, have a good one!

You that having to many people can be more of a burden than help right?
100 Night Elf Druid
My thoughts and well wishes to everyone impacted today.
90 Night Elf Hunter
02/29/2012 10:50 AMPosted by Tevinter
You that having to many people can be more of a burden than help right?

When one of the constant reason for something not being able to be implemented is resources( read people not cash) than yeah, you need more people.

Even tho the majority of these people were not devolpers they provided services that enabled the devolpers to do their job. It also sends a bad message to investors and shardeholders. Companies that are forced to do mass layoffs appear to be weak
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Well wishes to anyone impacted by this, I hope they will be able to find new roles.
85 Undead Priest
Could you fire whomever did the voice acting for Vanessa Vancleef? And while you're at it get rid of these people:

Whoever designed:
    H:Spine
    Trash before Ultraxion
    RP events in 4.3 dungeons

Don't just downsize, hire capable writers and composers. Oh and no more Chris Metzen voice acting please.
100 Human Paladin
Well sorry to hear people losing thier jobs so best wishes to those effected.

Also i know why the layoffs. GUILDWARS2 = WOW KILLER!!!!!!

sorry had to post this cause i havent seen it yet :)
100 Pandaren Warrior
02/29/2012 10:56 AMPosted by Espiritu
Well wishes to anyone impacted by this, I hope they will be able to find new roles.

This. It's always sad to hear when a company has to let anyone go. Apparently 600 employees are getting laid off. That's a lot. Best wishes to all of them.

On a side note blizzard has once again showed me why I respect their company so much. Not only did they come forth and say that they were doing this publicly, (Most companies would stay hush hush) but also mentioned what they were going to do try and accommodate those who were effected, as well as promising their fans all of their titles would still be set.

But at the end of the day people still got let off, and I bet a lot of them really needed, and really loved their jobs.
100 Gnome Mage
02/29/2012 09:53 AMPosted by Kiwies
Blizzard, look what you have become.

They've become Activision.
85 Troll Shaman
02/29/2012 09:41 AMPosted by Rorayles
Activision hard at work on this one

I too smell Activision at work on this one.
67 Human Mage
02/29/2012 10:36 AMPosted by Rorayles
Because?....

Because it shows a personal interest in appearing sincere when breaking bad news as apposed to a faceless CEO who dicates something for an underling to scurry along an post.

Nonsense. He is the guy at the top and does not owe anyone more than he has done.

YOU aren't the one losing your job are you? To THEM I would say he owes something, but they didn't even have to post anything about this, especially knowing the venomous community that would be waiting to rip him up.

This whole idea that people are entitled to whatever they want and however they want it really gets tedious. I can't figure out why I continue to come to these forums sometimes, when there are so few examples of logic, reasoning and just plain decency among a number of the posters here who only live to find something, or someone to shred for their personal amusement.
85 Undead Warlock
Hey, maybe know they can move more resources into developing quality content instead of pushing recycled, penny pinching terrible patch's into there games.
85 Human Paladin
Capitalism sucks at times. It is the only medium that I have ever encountered where morality can be swept under the carpet for what people consider a justified excuse. I have been laid off six times in the last eight years, and I can tell you it is not fun.
50 Undead Warlock
It happens! Better to cut the fat than let it go too far and make the company go under. Good luck to those who were laid off.
90 Night Elf Hunter
02/29/2012 11:07 AMPosted by Anonymia
YOU aren't the one losing your job are you? To THEM I would say he owes something, but they didn't even have to post anything about this, especially knowing the venomous community that would be waiting to rip him up.

He didn't post anything. Bashiok posted it. Different people.

02/29/2012 11:07 AMPosted by Anonymia
This whole idea that people are entitled to whatever they want and however they want it really gets tedious. I can't figure out why I continue to come to these forums sometimes, when there are so few examples of logic, reasoning and just plain decency among a number of the posters here who only live to find something, or someone to shred for their personal amusement.

Where'd you get this idea of me speaking about entitlement from? Nowhere did I say anything even close to that subject. Oh wait...

02/29/2012 11:11 AMPosted by Anonymia
Another business savant has spoken. /shakeshead

You were trolling. Got it.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]