Message from Mike Morhaime

(Locked)

100 Draenei Paladin
03/03/2012 01:30 PMPosted by Malistra
No, they let go a forum moderator for reasons known only to Blizzard.

You should probably know what you're actually talking about before you go sounding off and such.

Because:

03/03/2012 01:51 PMPosted by Zerde
Except he was NOT a forum moderator. He was part of the publishing team which in turn was part of there creative development team.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 3/3/2012 3:07 PM PST
90 Tauren Death Knight
02/29/2012 09:40 AMPosted by Surandra
Their revenue will dramatically increase with D3 xD

If it doesn't suck. No this is a business move its becoming easier and easier to maintain games nowaday's so why would you pay more people than you need to. I for one honestly believe them when they say it wont affect it. they are cutting non-development so things like customer support might diminish (supposing they were some of the positions that were cut) or it could simply be some maintenance people (not the mop and bucket kind but who knows it could be for all i know)... If you see a bunch of janitors at the corner lookin for work then we might know what positions....... I honestly would like to know what positions? if any blizz rep could could respond to that.
Edited by Uvaal on 3/3/2012 3:18 PM PST
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Average wait time (for a GM): 20 hr 59 min, up from 2 hr.

We can sure feel the cuts down here at Frostmourne. But I'm sure this outcome was known and has been deemed 'acceptable' by upper management.

Quite astonishing when you consider that there would be 2million fewer potential ticket creators out there.
86 Night Elf Rogue
lol fire people cuz profit margins arent high enough
90 Human Paladin
Anonymia

Sence i like to repeat myself ill do it one more time. One simple question, the same one that i asked before. No need for a 20 page reply.

Who do you think you are to tell people what they are entitled too?

Are you God, the president, the Pope, or CEO of blizzard?

Remember now just a simple anwser will do.

I have responded to you more times than your attitude has deserved, to be quite honest.
You can go back and reread my responses again if you wish.

I have not told anyone what they are entitled to. I simply responded to your inferrance that people who think that they are entitled may actually BE entitled. If that is an attitude that you think is worth cheering on, more power to you. I personally think that it is just such attitudes that destroy community in the real world, just as it has done in this game.

The fact that you keep getting so hot and bothered because I do not agree with you just leaves me wondering why it is so important to you to begin with.

I don't. Get over it.

Is that simple enough?

Oh, you have made it pretty clear in your posts that you think everyone here isnt entitled to any information. Further more you think these same people are the ones that ruin the game and forums.

You also have just sidestepped the question trying to justify your position and the reason you have is simple. You hold no title or position that gives you any authority to tell people how to think feel or what they can or cant say on these forums.

Edit:(off topic)You know for some reason everytime I write a reply to one of your post I get a picture in my head. Its a picture of a Elephant with a blindfold on, but on the inside of the blindfold there is a sign that says "I'm conservative".

con·serv·a·tive
[kuhn-sur-vuh-tiv]

adjective
disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.

You know the country is in such great shape lets keep things the just the way they are with the rich getting richer, the poor staying poor, and the middleclass dissappearing. Or maybe we should go back to the policies that got us here. I'm sure that will work out fine. (for 1% of us anyways.)
Edited by Urzla on 3/3/2012 4:32 PM PST
03/03/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Source
Blizzard sold out man. Get it through your thick fanboy skull.

You are the one being a fanboy. You can't accept a decision that your precious Blizzard Entertainment made and have to have someone else to blame. You them manufacture "Overlord Bobby" or "Big Bad Activision" to blame.

You really should blame the same people that have been in charge for the last 14 or so years...Mike Morhaime and Vivendi SA.
90 Draenei Shaman
lol fire people cuz profit margins arent high enough

Kind of ironic actually considering Blizz said in there last investor conference profits were actually up.
62 Human Mage

I have responded to you more times than your attitude has deserved, to be quite honest.
You can go back and reread my responses again if you wish.

I have not told anyone what they are entitled to. I simply responded to your inferrance that people who think that they are entitled may actually BE entitled. If that is an attitude that you think is worth cheering on, more power to you. I personally think that it is just such attitudes that destroy community in the real world, just as it has done in this game.

The fact that you keep getting so hot and bothered because I do not agree with you just leaves me wondering why it is so important to you to begin with.

I don't. Get over it.

Is that simple enough?

Oh, you have made it pretty clear in your posts that you think everyone here isnt entitled to any information. Further more you think these same people are the ones that ruin the game and forums.

----------------------------
Response:
I never said anyone did not deserve any information. I have several times noted links to online information about what is going on. I HAVE stated that those who demand that Blizz answer all their questions and demand to know more than IS their business have no right to demand anything more than has already been offered.

Go back up a few lines and read what I actually said, along with my previous posts, rather than the words that are bouncing around in your head. I said people who think they are entitled to things that they do not deserve and have not earned have no right to demand things from other people.

This whole entitled attitude is destructive and rarely does much more than create new victims wherever it shows up.
At the very least, it destroys communities and goodwill between people who might otherwise find better ways of dealing with issues.
-----------------------
You also have just sidestepped the question trying to justify your position and the reason you have is simple. You hold no title or position that gives you any authority to tell people how to think feel or what they can or cant say on these forums.
-----------------------
Response:
This is so childish really. What are you expecting me to say?

I did not side step anything. You wanted me to pronounce myself to be some major authority in order to justify an opinion. I could easily have asked the same thing of you, but have repeatedly stated that I think anyone is entitled to say what they believe, even if I disagree with it.

I have further stated that even if I disagree with what you believe, if you genuinely believe something and are not just looking for an axe to grind, I will respect your right to say it even if I disagree with it.

You seem to be looking for a fight of some sort. You are looking to pick apart everything that I say to find something that would declare me as ineligable to hold a personal opinion.
Since that is just silly, I just do not get why you cannot let go of this need to "get" me somehow.
-------------------------

Edit:(off topic)You know for some reason everytime I write a reply to one of your post I get a picture in my head. Its a picture of a Elephant with a blindfold on, but on the inside of the blindfold there is a sign that says "I'm conservative".
-------------------------
Response:
Ahh how ...interesting and mature.

I get pictures in my head too sometimes of people I am communicating to. I think I will keep them to myself in this case. It looks like you already have your share of issues to deal with.

-----------------------------
con·serv·a·tive
[kuhn-sur-vuh-tiv]

adjective
disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.

You know the country is in such great shape lets keep things the just the way they are with the rich getting richer, the poor staying poor, and the middleclass dissappearing. Or maybe we should go back to the policies that got us here. I'm sure that will work out fine. (for 1% of us anyways.)

------------------------
Response:
You have already whined that my post responses are to long and here you are goading me into defending what I have already posted previously. Well, you know....this time I won't bite.

You can misstate everything that I have said and you can believe whatever you choose to believe, right or wrong, but it will never make what is fact into something that it is not.
My opinions are not dependent upon yours.

We both know what I have already said, so my only conclusion is that this is for others here who have probably not read all of you and my posts. If they choose to read a few posts out of 60+ pages and decide they know what is going on...so be it. I say what I believe is right and am always willing to let the chips fall where they may.

Are you?
Edited by Anonymia on 3/3/2012 6:36 PM PST
85 Troll Shaman
03/03/2012 12:32 AMPosted by Jerhico
how's that business model of catering to the hard core raiders working out???

Considering there was only 2 raids added in patches this expansion and they had 7-8 bosses each, combined with the nerfs to every tier I'd say we havn't seen "hard core raiding" business model in quite some time.
85 Dwarf Warrior
I think the bad publicity will be more costly in the end.
100 Human Priest
Well it's no wonder they lost people...take a trip down memory lane in Cataclsym: only like 30 some new raid bosses compared to the normal 50 of the other expansions...4.1 was a TOTAL rehash of some of the suckiest raids there were...and the final raid losing a lot of its epic feel because it was just so dang easy.
90 Human Warrior
myu transmoggs r kew!1! eryone phear mee!1!!!11
1 Night Elf Druid
So you fire people, sending the message to everyone that you cannot afford to continue to pay them for said jobs....yet some how you all think that merging dead servers sends a worse message?
90 Human Warrior
beep beep bop
90 Gnome Priest
Translation:

Activisions main source of recurring montly revenue (RMR) has seen its subscriber base experience a loss for 4 straight quarters. While revenue is still up, the investors are panicky and demand action. Therefore, we are cutting out several hundred non essential staff positions in the hopes that our investors will stop calling for blood.
88 Night Elf Priest
Hm, if you are so desperate to make your quota for Activision, who "clearly has no say in what Blizzard does", then just crank out another Mount for 25 dollars.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]