25 man raiding- Auchindoun All Stars

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Good afternoon all,
Some of you may remember me from Wrath days when I was raiding with simple. Having become very bored with this tier I started thinking of ways to stay interested until MOP. I am considering creating a 25m raiding guild on either horde or alliance side based on interest. The goal for this guild would be simple. To create a viable 25 man raiding option for those who miss the competitive environment that comes along with 25 mans. I understand that this may be a difficult goal to achieve since auchindoun is in such bad shape but I feel with patience we could develop some raiders and if we could unite the remaining players from each guild into one common guild we would see solid results.

Here's the idea (open to suggestions):
1. Open tryouts for raid spots via the LFR tool. Yes I know the mechanics are not hard here but it will show if you know how to maximize damage if a dps/ maximize heals if a healer.

2. Trying to unify the raiding guilds on the server into one common guild. My idea for this would be to offer officer status in the new guild to any GM who decides to merge with the new guild and we would have a GM rotation bi weekly so no one feels left out. I do not want GM status, I will raid lead and be the recruitment officer. If we are able to merge 2-3 guilds we would have a great start to this, I also have a few friends with Alts that are willing to transfer over to help with this project. 

3. Top performing players in each class will become class leaders and will be consulted while recruiting players of the same class. 

4. There will be no favoritism in this guild, all focus will be put into fielding the most solid group of 25 players each raid. With that said there will be plenty of opportunity to sub in trials and to give people second chance who may not have performed to the best of their ability during their initial trial. This will not become an elitist guild full of !@#$%^-s who chase people away due to unnecessary trolling. However, there will be feedback after raids from the officers and class leaders so be prepared to learn from your mistakes.

Please post interest below. I will update this thread as new ideas come and interest is expressed.

Horde
1.Amazzing
2. Cleyvan
3. Bake
4. Mz
5. Decimus
6. Mormont
7. Thillia
8. Ciriack

Alliance
1.Amazzing
2. Cleyvan
3. Dintao
4. Mz
5. Decimus
6.Mormont
7. Thillia
8. Ciriack
9. CataQT

Basic requirements 
-Solid understanding of class mechanics (PROPER gemming, enchanting, stat weights, ect)

- some current tier raiding experience required. This means I don't care if you killed yogg after your were in tier 12 gear. However a HM Rag kill would be relevant for example.

- commitment to becoming better. No matter how good you think you are at your class there is room for improvement. 

-Reasonable gear. We can gear you up if you show promise but we can't fix bad with more gear. Also we will not totally carry you. Please have all obtainable Hour of Twilight heroics gear (non negotiable), VP gear, Firelands (HM's prefered), LFR (prefered) and craftables (if available). I am not going to set a gearscore or item level number because I do not agree with the mindset that iLvl=skill but rest assure if you have a high iLvl you will be expected to perform at a higher level than a 378 geared player.

I will be updating this and discussing options with those who are interested when I get home from work. Please feel free to post any ideas. Lets make this work. If blizzard doesnt want to merge our server then lets band together and create a viable raiding guild by combining the most skilled players on the server.
Edited by Amazzing on 3/5/2012 1:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Good idea, I would defiantly be up to bringing an alt to a 25m run on ally.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
I'm interested. Took a break from raiding recently and I'd like to come back to 25s.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
on your main or alt deci? also horde or ally? since i know your reliable and the best hunter on server you will get officer status in the guild and I ll need you to help me with recruiting and advertising.
Edited by Amazzing on 3/1/2012 3:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
alts are fine as long as it doesnt interfer with the limited raid schedule we are looking at and you would of course have to be good on your alt or you would quickly get replaced/asked to be an alt raider.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
if you are interested I will still be off server until this begins to come together so you can message me on real id. make sure to put a message with the request so i know thats its for the 25m and not random spam. sja03a@hotmail.com
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
My main
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
wanting to stay horde or open to alliance.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Mage
I have a better idea, why don't you join Pariah for a week so we can down spine and deathwing. After that, feel free to make your 25 man imo.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
Good luck. I don't see this working out too well the way this server has been going however.

I might consider raiding on an alt of mine if the group needs more people once more details are known.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I hear this Mormont guy used to be an awesome healer but he's pretty under geared right now.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I offered to join a month ago or so and tolrin said he didn't need a dps. Good luck with that though, the 10 % nerf makes it lulz.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Gear isn't an issue. We will run guild LFR and clear normal modes for gear. If people are very under geared we can run fireland HMs also.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
If you are wanting it horde mainly, I can level my pally always. Although if i do go, it will have to be an alt because i'm currently running frequently on this toon.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
I'd rather be horde, but either way is fine with me.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
i would prefer alliance but i really dont care either. the decision will be made based on overall interest. Spread the word about this forum post on server. As of now we have a long way to go before we can even get started.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
anyone in a 10m guild that wants to raid 25s get your GM or officers to contact me on real id to discuss merge.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
What are you looking for and specifically what days?

I can do mondays and wednesdays only at the moment but I wouldn't mind raiding with some old folks I know on an alt here.

If it's alliance I can level my dk.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
days are flexible as are times. we need to get names of people that will def be interested. once we have atleast a 10m together we will vote on times and dates and will continue to recruit until we have 25m.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
i am hoping on of the raiding guilds on the server will be willing to merge togetehr with another to form a decent team capable of atleast 1/8 or 2/8 hms
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]