Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Good afternoon all,
Some of you may remember me from Wrath days when I was raiding with simple. Having become very bored with this tier I started thinking of ways to stay interested until MOP. I am considering creating a 25m raiding guild on either horde or alliance side based on interest. The goal for this guild would be simple. To create a viable 25 man raiding option for those who miss the competitive environment that comes along with 25 mans. I understand that this may be a difficult goal to achieve since auchindoun is in such bad shape but I feel with patience we could develop some raiders and if we could unite the remaining players from each guild into one common guild we would see solid results.
Here's the idea (open to suggestions):
1. Open tryouts for raid spots via the LFR tool. Yes I know the mechanics are not hard here but it will show if you know how to maximize damage if a dps/ maximize heals if a healer.
2. Trying to unify the raiding guilds on the server into one common guild. My idea for this would be to offer officer status in the new guild to any GM who decides to merge with the new guild and we would have a GM rotation bi weekly so no one feels left out. I do not want GM status, I will raid lead and be the recruitment officer. If we are able to merge 2-3 guilds we would have a great start to this, I also have a few friends with Alts that are willing to transfer over to help with this project.
3. Top performing players in each class will become class leaders and will be consulted while recruiting players of the same class.
4. There will be no favoritism in this guild, all focus will be put into fielding the most solid group of 25 players each raid. With that said there will be plenty of opportunity to sub in trials and to give people second chance who may not have performed to the best of their ability during their initial trial. This will not become an elitist guild full of !@#$%^-s who chase people away due to unnecessary trolling. However, there will be feedback after raids from the officers and class leaders so be prepared to learn from your mistakes.
Please post interest below. I will update this thread as new ideas come and interest is expressed.
-Solid understanding of class mechanics (PROPER gemming, enchanting, stat weights, ect)
- some current tier raiding experience required. This means I don't care if you killed yogg after your were in tier 12 gear. However a HM Rag kill would be relevant for example.
- commitment to becoming better. No matter how good you think you are at your class there is room for improvement.
-Reasonable gear. We can gear you up if you show promise but we can't fix bad with more gear. Also we will not totally carry you. Please have all obtainable Hour of Twilight heroics gear (non negotiable), VP gear, Firelands (HM's prefered), LFR (prefered) and craftables (if available). I am not going to set a gearscore or item level number because I do not agree with the mindset that iLvl=skill but rest assure if you have a high iLvl you will be expected to perform at a higher level than a 378 geared player.
I will be updating this and discussing options with those who are interested when I get home from work. Please feel free to post any ideas. Lets make this work. If blizzard doesnt want to merge our server then lets band together and create a viable raiding guild by combining the most skilled players on the server.
Edited by Amazzing on 3/5/2012 1:35 PM PST
on your main or alt deci? also horde or ally? since i know your reliable and the best hunter on server you will get officer status in the guild and I ll need you to help me with recruiting and advertising.
Edited by Amazzing on 3/1/2012 3:56 PM PST
if you are interested I will still be off server until this begins to come together so you can message me on real id. make sure to put a message with the request so i know thats its for the 25m and not random spam. firstname.lastname@example.org
i would prefer alliance but i really dont care either. the decision will be made based on overall interest. Spread the word about this forum post on server. As of now we have a long way to go before we can even get started.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.