War College - Isle of Conquest

Community Manager
This week, the topic of discussion is:

Isle of Conquest - Which strategies are most effective in Isle of Conquest for your faction? Which locations are most important? What tips, tricks and tactics have you discovered? What common mistakes have you witnessed?

The battlefields of World of Warcraft are littered with the bones of those who have become casualties in the ongoing conflict between the Horde and the Alliance. You do not need to become one of them. One of the keys to victory is knowledge, and that is where the World of Warcraft War College enters the picture. In these discussions between players, you can learn and share strategies with other players to improve your tactics and improve your odds of emerging victorious from the field of battle.

Are you a veteran Gladiator with countless victories tallied? Are you new to World of Warcraft and striving to improve your PvP skills? In this weekly feature, we invite players of all skill levels to ask questions, share tips and tactics, and join a conversation dedicated to surviving and thriving in World of Warcraft PvP.

Don’t forget to up-vote forum posts that are on-topic and helpful!

War College Rules:

• Stick to the rules. All posts should abide by the forum code of conduct and these War College forum thread guidelines. Feel free to disagree with each other, but please do so respectfully. When you express opposing opinions, focus on the idea, not its author, their rating, or perceived skill level.
  • Be constructive. The purpose of this thread is to share effective tactics and strategies; to adapt, overcome and become a better player based on current conditions. Claiming that a class, comp or strategy is overpowered isn’t conducive to learning better play and tends to just derail the discussion.
  • No soapboxes, please. This thread is for the community to discuss strategies and tactics amongst themselves, not to push individual opinions about game balance or design.
  • Please limit conjecture. Theorycrafting definitely has its place, but it’s best to keep the discussion focused, on-topic and practical.
  • Important: Please provide explanations and be prepared to provide evidence. These threads exist to elevate the level of strategic discussion on the forums. When appropriate, please provide examples illustrating tactics or techniques you believe to be effective. When using videos please post time stamps to help direct people to the specific points in the action to which you’re referring.
  • Ask questions! These threads aren’t just for experienced players, but also players who are learning the ropes or want to improve their skills. On the same token, don’t attack other players for asking questions.
Edited by Daxxarri on 3/1/2012 5:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Leave the BG.

Kidding aside(and because i do like IoC) docks+hangars and then kill the demos. Recipe for an Alliance win.
Reply Quote
45 Troll Warrior
second!

But really, the isle is an excellent place to bang your head anginst the keyboard when your team does not defend the glaives, Defense of the vehicles you are using is critical
Edited by Drydock on 3/1/2012 6:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Warrior
To me it depends on what your team controls.
If you have the workshop defend the tanks and hold it until you can get the siege engine.
If you have the hangar then, my personal favorite thing to do, get a small group and jump into the opposing team's base and start laying down bombs.
As always defense is important but you won't get anywhere in this place without cooperation

P.S. Taking out opposing siege weapons always helps.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Workshop, docks, hangar. Pick two of three, doesn't matter what two. Own them, care about nothing but keeping them and defending. Game over, you win.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
If you're just going for honor and hate this battleground, grab a turrent in the beginning and stay in it. You'll be able to complete quests around the house while still maintaining a defensive posture.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Cry when you see the Isle of Conquest loading page.

Pray your team isn't stupid.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Isle of conquest is Player Vs Wall. So take the advantage the Docks and hangar give you. They allow you to assault the enemy teams gates with glaives from the outside and bombs from the inside.

Workshop is a horde only strat :D.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Ugh, this BG. . . I usually just desert it and take the 15min debuff.

But if I really wanted to take part, I find that taking the hangar and both the quarry and the refinery is nice for uninterrupted bombings.

Reply Quote
91 Tauren Paladin
My strategy for this awful battleground consists of typing /afk after I see the loading screen.

This also happens to be my strategy for Strand of the Ancients. Go figure.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Docks Workshop, or Hanger. if you control one of them that's good for getting your siege/backdoor entry.

Once you control one of the above stated, it's very important to control the mines and oil refinery. More siege damage you do the faster you can get the enemies gates down.

Focus fire on one gate. Spreading the siege fire around take you longer to get into phase 2.

Once a gate is down capture the fort's grave yard so you can advance onto the enemies general.

When graveyard is succored attack the enemy general in their war room. They are leased, so if you try to kite them out of the room they reset and go back to full health.

If all goes well you win!

Now defense is important in this battle. A good defense will slow your enemies progression allowing your attacking forces to secure a kill on the general.
Reply Quote
2 Undead Warrior
Win the docks and win the game.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Just 3/4 of your team to hangar and the rest to docks, u get hangar, get in the ship, jump into enemy base, bomb walls from inside (WEST WALL PRIMARILY!!), kill boss.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Rogue
hope your next queue is wsg/ab.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
These are simple observances made by me as I've played IoC.

Start: It's always a good idea to cap Quarry and Refinery. The reinforcements boost helps so if you're in a stalemate (rare), you can kill off the Horde. Don't leave defenders behind, because almost everybody is off fighting on the isle. If the opposing team caps it, then run back and get it because it is more than likely the person who capped it is long gone.

Will add more tomorrow.
Edited by Lanaid on 3/1/2012 6:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
88 Dwarf Warlock
Try to have six of the defensive turrets manned and firing at siege vehicles, NOT players. Make sure to run to the side cannons when the vehicles go over to the sides. This sounds simple, but I have seen folks keep shooting air in the frontal cannons while the side gates got totaled.

Alliance, do not waste time bickering with the Horde over the workshop, unless no one is there. Take the docks, defend the docks, and use the glaives. They have amazing range, and though they seem weak, are only that way because they never get defended. Use CC options, snares, stuns, roots, etc. rather than trying to dps enemy players like mad. Yes, they need to go down, but the first priority is helping your machines. A six second stun means a lot more to a glaive that can rush away instead of a few hits on something that in the meantime is hurting the glaive.

Glaives, try to stay with your defenders. You are not helping yourselves by rushing ahead of the pack to get away from enemies that are constantly damaging you from range anyway. Your defenders are not as fast as you on foot, and they might not be able to remount instantly because they are still in combat.

If you have access to a bomb, by all means, use it! Do not camp the graveyard in the enemy keep if you are not encountering much resistance. Run bombs whenever you can.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Learning to play random battlegrounds. Number one rule, have fun. O wait......... Isle of Conquest.... Sorry requeue
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]