Isle of Conquest, if done right, can be an easy win for either Alliance or Horde. Messy, long drawn out battles like AV resource battles are very rare, which is one reason why I don't mind this BG. That being said, nothing can be won without a solid strategy followed by at least a majority of the team.
Keep in mind that this is more of a Player vs. Player vs. Environment. If you think one dimensionally you won't make it very far. Making sure that your team has the most resources at their disposal will help you to succeed. This includes in the following order of importance:
1) Defending your vehicles and your nodes. IMPORTANT!
2) Defending your base. (Stop the opposing team from placing bombs, disarming them if they manage to set them.)
3) Controlling both the Refinery and the Mine.
4) Small things like mounting up when running bombs between gates and the piles to never hopping in a siege vehicle without also taking a bomb from the Workshop.
If you control the Docks, it is like controlling both the Workshop AND the Hangar. If your team does not control the Docks, you had best control the other two. With docks you get both the ability to launch yourself into the opposing teams base to run bombs, AND the power of siege engines. Here is what should happen, depending on what you control:
You HAVE Docks:
1) DEFEND THE GLAIVES! Though Docks has some amazing power, the vehicles are quite squishy. It only requires a few stealth classes to quickly hammer down the Glaive Throwers. Defend those Glaives with your lives and stay alert! If kept alive the Glaives will destroy the opposing teams wall four times faster than any amount of bomb running. If the Glaives DO go down make sure adequate defense of the Dock node continues while most of the team uses the Catapults to invade the base to run bombs while you wait for the relatively short respawn timer on the Glaives.
2) Control Mine and Refinery, . If done right, you can secure both almost before Glaives even spawn. Have a few people run to both to assure control for the time with the Glaives. If the opposing team puts up a fight at these secondary nodes don't worry too much though, focus on assaulting one of the more important nodes like Hangar or Workshop.
2) Running bombs helps, but the Glaives are FAR more important. Only run bombs if there are enough (~15) people defending the Glaives.
3) Assault the other two main Nodes, Hangar and Workshop. This will hamper the enemy teams progress and help to ensure a victory for your team.
You DON'T have Docks:
1) STEALTHIES KILL GLAIVES!! I CANNOT state that emphatically enough. It should really only take a few stealthed classes to bring them down, no matter how alert the opposing team is. If you aren't stealthed and want to help, that's fine too! Your distraction may prove just what the stealthies need to take those glaives the remaining 40%.
2) Control BOTH Hangar and Workshop. One alone does not have the power to keep up with the Docks in bringing down a gate. Hangar people should take the ship and focus on the first wall in sight. This will mean greatest damage done before the ship cycles around again. After doing as much damage as you can, try to jump into the base and run bombs while others grab the siege vehicles from Workshop.
3) DEFEND your Nodes. With only one Node to worry about Defending, the Docks team is at a resource advantage. If you lose one of your Nodes, even for a minute, you will most likely lose.
All that being said, there is a certain way that this BG usually plays out. Since my main is Horde, here is my favorite strategy:
1) Alliance will take Docks. They almost always zerg Docks with a majority of their team. This can work to your advantage.
2) Split the team up, some to Hangar, some to Workshop. Don't bother with Docks, you will be wasting your time.
3) Stealthies kill Glaives!! My favorite thing to do. Alliance usually guard them while they are moving, but quickly leave to run bombs or assault the other bases. If you wait just a second you may find the time needed to bring them down. It cripples the Alliance and ensures a win.
4) Use the Gunship Turrets to assault the first wall you can hit. When the ship hits about its halfway point, jump off the ship into the base to run bombs. Never forget that the enemy base has turrets too. If there are people attacking demos with the turrets, clear them out. Now, anyone who was playing Defense on the Node can now take the ship to follow suit.
5) Use the Demos to attack the same wall as the gunship. Be quick about killing any Alliance that attack the Demos. If your Demo dies, stay and defend any that are left up.
6) Enter the courtyard, take the base to prevent Alliance spawns, and group up before attacking the General. Collect your Victory.
Edited by Freshbeatz on 3/2/2012 8:45 AM PST