So, the other day

100 Tauren Druid
So, the other day I was standing in Org thinking to myself, "Darmoch what should you do today?" About 14 minutes later, I wiggled the mouse a bit to make sure I wouldn't log out. Then I thought about it some more. Then Tol Barad started. I joined. Some faction won, but that part is irrelevant. Nothing good dropped in Baradin Hold anyway.

So then later, back in Org, this guy came in with a big dragon mount and parked it near the bank. Not right in front in the bank where it would be annoying, but nicely off to the side a bit. Then he used a Deepstone Oil. This made him freeze in a nice dragon roar pose. Then some other people joined in and did the same. Many of those not in the know asked how they did that, and much gold was made on deepstone oil.

A few days before that, the Covenant did a Dragon Soul run, but I couldn't go because I was sick. A new guy came along. He was a rogue. On the second day, everything went well, and Deathwing was killed, and people got some loot. I wonder if the new guy won anything. I didn't bother looking. Though I'm fairly certain, he was happy just getting the pick-pocket. Though maybe not. Who knows, right? I sure don't.

Back to the weekend, I was standing inside Org and some Alliance guy came running in. He made it to the auction house, and died right inside the door. I'm not sure who it was, but I don't think he came back. A few more alliance were fighting outside, but then again there are always Alliance fighting outside Org these days. It's mostly people that used to be Horde. Perhaps they're just homesick, who knows.

Recently some other Alliance were fighting outside Org. That time I was bored, and I went outside to fight them too. When the Horde was outnumbered we died often. When the Alliance were outnumbered, they died often. Both sides laughed at how bad the other side is perceived to be I'm sure. Eventually, it got boring, so I left. They might be still there. Somebody should go check.

Sometimes, when I feel like attention mongering a bit, I'll pop the Super Simian Sphere trinket and fly around Org in ape-form. That's always good for a cheap laugh. If you move backwards and rotate vertically with the Delete and Insert keys, you can fly upside down. I bet you didn't know that! If you pop another 'costume' item while in the Super Simian Sphere, it still works. So you can be a leper gnome in a purple bubble if that's what you're into. You can also ride 2-person mounts in ape form to impress bystanders with your awesomeness. Or I can anyway. Your mileage may vary.

I noticed that sometimes in trade people get mad and start calling people names and whatnot. Seriously, what kind of person do you have to be to start throwing out insults in trade? I can't even begin to understand the mentality of some of these guys that just say extreme stuff to show off how cool they are. One bad by-product of this whole internet thing is the internet tough guy phenomenon. I like ice cream, but now that I think about it, I haven't had any in years. Isn't that weird?

When I stand around in Org, it's usually near the AH for whatever reason. Some like it better in the middle. Some hang out by Taurenville or even out back by the spare Auction House. Some guildies are bound in Dalaran, but the Covenant tends to attract strange people. I wish the bank was closer to the AH in Org. I'm glad the Valentine's Day stuff is over. Those hearts were getting annoying. I'm kind of disappointed I didn't get enough love tokens to get a Swift Lovebird. But then again, I still have my Magic Rooster. And you don't. Unless you do, in which case, I apologize.

Sometimes, when standing in Orgrimmar, I'll switch to the purple dinner suit and the Stylin' Purple Hat. Everybody calls it a pimp suit. What's this world come to, when you can't walk around with a diamond tipped cane and a matching suit and hat without people thinking you're a pimp? Maybe it's black ice ring. I wish the tauren model didn't clip so much with the rooster mount. Actually, pretty much everything clips with tauren models. I play a fat Twi'lek on Star Wars galaxies. They clip with everything too. We have 5v5 on the calendar coming up in a few minutes. I should get ready. Maybe we'll win a few. Maybe people will show up.

In Orgrimmar, there are 3 chickens in between the meat vendor and the reagent vendor. If you see those chickens, kill them. They're up to no good, and you'll be doing the World... of Warcraft justice for freeing them from their mortal bonds. Remember when Gamon was low level and he was easily killed? In tank spec now, I can solo Gamon pretty easily, but it's really hard in a cat or pvp spec. Without thick hide, the guy can be tough. That's what you get with a class that blocks using their face I guess. Gamon is way better than Hogger.

Seriously, what kind of person plays Alliance? One time while I was standing in Org, I stood there so long, the game logged me out. But then I came back in.
Edited by Darmoch on 2/19/2012 6:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Fascinating Ravencrest community story! Hopefully we'll get more of these rolling in, I'm gonna stand in the corner and stroke my fake beard in deep thought, pondering.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Thank you for the lovely post, Darmoch. I haven't been on WoW much for awhile now, and it's nice to know what's going on in and around my usual haunt, the Valley of Strength. However, sometimes I prefer to hang out in Thunder Bluff. We don't have as many amenities in Sen'Jin Village as the main cities do, and sometimes I just wanna hang out someplace where I'm not shunned, ya know? The Valley of Strength is too close to Garrosh Girlyscream for my liking, and I'm sure my presence in that area isn't much to his liking, either.

You know the stairs in Dun Baldar South Tower? I always get stuck on those. :(
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
100 Troll Priest
I love this post.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
02/19/2012 08:03 PMPosted by Dirgeinferno
Gamon is way better than Hogger.

Take it back!

Hoggerthings make that annoying horse-ish neigh sound.

!@#$ I hate horses. Seriously, I totally can't stand horses or whales or dolphins. They are like that preppy teacher's pet girl on every committee, club, team, student council, etc. etc. That kid is annoying and so are horses, whales and dolphins.

afk, throwing a six-pack ring into the harbour.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
02/19/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Darmoch
Some hang out by Taurenville or even out back by the spare Auction House.

02/19/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Darmoch
I wish the bank was closer to the AH in Org.

The Tauren area is the best ever. :) Bank, AH, mailbox, it's all right there, and you don't even have to dismount. You could stay on your fancy chicken all day. :)

Also, yaysome post. :)

Droo
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
That misplaced comma after "certain" annoys the hell out of me, but not enough for me to go back and correct it.

Sheraton - This isn't a story per se. More like miscellaneous observations. I consider it my own version of Walden, but without the unnecessary wordiness and pseudo-transcendentalist poppycock that often shows up in Thoreau's writings. Edgar Allen Poe was right about him.

Kroovi - I never see you online! You should log on and RealID me so we can talk about druid things. I understand that you're a troll, so technically you're only 3/7 of a druid, but if anything sticks we both will have accomplished something. Watch out for that six-pack ring next time you're in aquatic form you nut.

Raziya - I'm sure this post also loves you, but in a strictly platonic sense. Because you're a troll. You troll.

Gaea - HEY! You have UDDERS!

Dirgeinferno - No.

Gaea again- The Tauren area is convenient, but so small. I wouldn't want the awesomeness of too many combined Tauren in that small of an area. The explosion of awesomesauce could injure bystanders and damage the leather craftwork. I'll continue to suffer among the hairless masses.
Edited by Darmoch on 2/20/2012 1:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid

Kroovi - I understand that you're a troll, so technically you're only 3/7 of a druid, but if anything sticks we both will have accomplished something.

HEY. I'm... I... well...

I'M REALLY BIG. AND BLUE. ROAR.

02/20/2012 01:01 PMPosted by Darmoch
Watch out for that six-pack ring next time you're in aquatic form you nut.

Wow, ok, that was an epic fail on my part. >.> I take back my intimidating statement up there.

02/20/2012 01:01 PMPosted by Darmoch
I never see you online! You should log on and RealID me so we can talk about druid things.

In the event that you're srs I mailed you in-game. :D

Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
100 Troll Priest
I might be a troll, but I am the sexiest troll you know, and you love watching me ride my big brown co...er, chicken around Org all day, you big cow!
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
So the other day I was standing on the roof of the weapons guy in Stormwind. I wasn't doing anything in particular, but it was the weapons guy that is across from where the old Auction house was. Never quite understood why they moved and changed the entrance to the AH in Stormwind? Was it really that troublesome to walk over to the mailbox or bank after? I was milling some of the 400 herbs I had farmed earlier in hopes that I won't get bored and slit my wrist whilst milling and cooking fortune cookies. Sometimes I wonder if kids in china feel the same way when they are forced to make those little cookies that no one really eats but only gets for the fortune promised in side that really makes no sense.
There were a few alarms run from random horde, flying in to Stormwind, rousing the defenses, and dyeing valiantly. Always wondered what the point of it was. Are sprit walks that fun? I was thinking and comparing the in game city of Stormwind to the descriptions I read in the books. Specifically "Rise of the Horde" and "Through the Dark Portal" prior to its destruction. That got me thinking oh selfish and ignorant the horde can be. They destroyed their own land and figured they would just rumble through a portal and take another land over and kill its inhabitants. Did any of them ever think "Hey maybe if we go over nicely and ask, they will just give us some nice land?" just a thought, it works some times.

While up on the weapon shop I see everyone flying around on their nice new Golden aspect of the dragon mount and though, why did anyone even bother? Does it make it any better or more special when everyone has the same mount? That’s making me think that WoW is moving to a communist society and the way they hand out Bans and reporting on the forums is only strengthen that assumption. A society where everyone relies on the government to provide everything so everyone can have the same thing. No hard work, winning, or losing required. Kind of like my country and more specifically my state of Massachusetts. There is no such thing as winning and losing anymore here. Every kid gets a trophy, can't motivate someone to try harder because it's looked at as "Cruel and unusual punishment". Kind of drives me nuts. Too many yuppies controlling stuff they have no business in. But WHOA don't dare try to take away there "My kid was an Honor Student" bumper sticker, that’s war!!! But if their child is bad at Football and mine is better, my son shouldn’t be allowed to play because that’s not fair... It's sad really to see what this world and country is moving toward.

Kind of like WoW... No need to be good, either roll the Super OP class Death Knight, or Raid and everything will be provided. I really miss the days of BC. I kind of secretly wish someone would hack Blizzard and roll their systems back to the launch of BC someday. I really miss the long hours of world pvp in Isle, the 8 hours to clear Kara up to prince, only to have 3 or 4 people say "I'm tiered...." as I 5 more mins would kill them. And all the lovely battles waiting outside of Gruuls and Mag. It was when the world made sense, when going 1v10 on the horde was still fun, classes were fairly balanced, I ran like a little girl from Rogues (now I hunt them). Then I remembered the gnome guy in the subway always !@#$%ing and complaining about rats and remembered reading about him in the books. It was quite funny to realize he actually had a place in the store line.

Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
TLDR.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Sooo, you guys are either bored or you had one too many bowls of Super Sugar Coated Sugar Poofs and now you can't sleep?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
So I was hanging around at the mall this morning and the smell or the Cinnabon store was overwhelmingly enticing so I bought one and ate it and then went back to buy another one but I dropped it next to the big water fall pond, you know, the one that makes you have to go pee after sitting next to it after 5 minutes, so I ran to the bathroom and, after washing my hands with the pulverized smurf colored soap, I went back and bought another Cinnabon byproduct only to find that I had been cut off.

Sad day.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
CINNAMON IS MY FAVOURITE FOOD
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
THEY ARE THE NEW BLACK
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
THEY ARE HAUTE COUTURE
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
100 Troll Priest
This is an awesome post.
How did it stay on the thread for so long?
Endless time, you all have. :(

Granted, I could write my own post...
Although, that would require effort.
Maybe some other time, but for now
Entertain me by reading the first letter of each line.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]