starting heroic DS this week, need advices

85 Human Warlock
hi
so we finally cleared 8/8 this week, and I want to start heroic DS asap, is it a good idea? should I wait 1 more week for people to get geared

here are some logs of my runs
http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/187918/

3weeks ago i had 8/8 (not the rest of my group) so i decided to try morchok heroic since I heard he was easy, but we would die within the first stomp or too =/ so some advices for morchok is more than welcome

morchok heroic, split in 2 groups of 1 tank 1 melee, 1 range dps, 2 healers
melee soak with the tank (we have a warrior and a rogue melee ) , tank never moves after spliting them far apart
when a crystal spawn, wait for stomp, than go to crystal

thank you for any help :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Your DPS looks solid enough to start. A lot of people find it easier to 4 heal H Morchok at first, so I suggest doing that if you have the alts/specs to support it. If not, your pally better be tough enough to solo heal one side.

Beyond Morchok, the other fights are going to be stress tests on the healers. Most heroics in DS boil down to healing gear checks, with a few dps checks thrown in (Ultra, Yor-pre nerf anyway). So going forward I'd ask your healers how comfortable they are, cause they're going to be shouldering most of the burden. DPS looks fine.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You'll need a solid second tank too, as he has to eat Stomps and also not die to melee attacks. You can get through normal mode 1-tanking 7/8 and using someone's scrub offspec for Blackhorn, so if you're like us and were doing that then you may have to recruit or get a pug in :)
Reply Quote
46 Gnome Warlock
Our order went something like this
Morchock
Yorsahj
Ultraxion
Zonozz
Working on hagara
Next will be Warmaster spine madness.
Prolly gonna take a few weeks to gear up for spine and madness
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
if you killed madness you're ready for morchok...the transition is very tiny.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Your DPS looks solid enough to start. A lot of people find it easier to 4 heal H Morchok at first, so I suggest doing that if you have the alts/specs to support it. If not, your pally better be tough enough to solo heal one side.

Beyond Morchok, the other fights are going to be stress tests on the healers. Most heroics in DS boil down to healing gear checks, with a few dps checks thrown in (Ultra, Yor-pre nerf anyway). So going forward I'd ask your healers how comfortable they are, cause they're going to be shouldering most of the burden. DPS looks fine.

awesome thank you
ya we will 4heal morchok, shaman druid paladin, and the boomkin going resto
was thinking paladin + druid on morchok, and shaman + boomkin going resto on kohcrom

do you know the dps requierments for ultraxion? i heard 33k dps
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
thank you everyone for advices / order
Tomorow im thinking of doing morchok, if we get him down i think about going for ultraxion first since we have good dps, and heroic ultraxion doesnt seem hard expect for the dps requierments

02/20/2012 05:09 PMPosted by Lusignan
You'll need a solid second tank too, as he has to eat Stomps and also not die to melee attacks. You can get through normal mode 1-tanking 7/8 and using someone's scrub offspec for Blackhorn, so if you're like us and were doing that then you may have to recruit or get a pug in :)

ya
our tanks are going to be prot warrior : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Shattered-Hand/sulzan/advanced
which is not amazingly geared =S
and a dk http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Shattered-Hand/daemok/advanced
who is way fine
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
bump for more info
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
Everyone needs to get hit by stomp. Make sure your crystal soakers wait until after the stomp before they go to the crystal. Rinse, repeat, loot boss.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
ya i ve heard of 2 strategy
1) the tank doesnt move, soaker wait for stomp than move to crystal (can it happen that stom and crystal are at same time, or is crystal always after stomp?
2) the tank moves next to crystal and soaker get on crystal right away

thinking of using strategy 1
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Crystal explosion is always after a stomp, on either side.

02/21/2012 11:03 AMPosted by Jamy

You can pull the boss within 10-15 yards of the crystal and still have the soakers on the crystal, while being in range for stomp. It makes healing much easier because if you're fast enough, you can heal people up before the stomp even comes, then heal them up again for the explosion. This one makes healing much easier imo, if your tank/DPS are fast enough to move as soon as the crystal spawns.
Edited by Naumu on 2/21/2012 12:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/21/2012 11:03 AMPosted by Jamy

This is what we do, and once your tanks get into the rhythm it works like a charm. After a few pulls your tanks should have the timing of the stomps down so it's not a problem. If they're always watching out and run within stomp range of the crystal immediately as they spawn, the group has enough time to get in crystal and stomp soaking position well before either of them hit.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Remember to make sure that your morchoks are miles apart. Seriously, act like the other raid group is only there as something to keep far, far away from.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
thx for the help
morchok down :) went pretty smooth
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-09qfoq39qxidyc85/
we killed 4/8 tonight
sunday we gona attempt heroic ultraxion with some better dps :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]