Free Firehawk (March 2nd)

90 Orc Rogue
Alliance are encouraged to come as well. Whether to kill people, or to actually win the event (yes Alliance members can win). In the event that an Alliance player wins they can either gift it to a Horde friend(s) or transfer over to receive the reward. You can even turn a profit by selling the rights to it at a lower price to a Horde member.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Prize: Firehawk, Firelord and a T11 title of your choice. To encourage teamwork prizes are totally transferable. So if you really don't care about the rewards you can totally give them to somebody else.

Rules of Combat: There are none. Bring as many friends as you can and use any items you want.

Eligibility: If you see Grommash or Tojara as an Ogre with dual Warglaives the prize is valid. First person to loot the trinket wins. To confirm the win you must take a SS next to me with a loot log of you looting it. If it's your first time looting it you will get an achievement, which will work as well.

Time: March 2nd @ 6PM (SERVER TIME).

Finer details: In the event there isn't a winner at the 6PM showing we will simply try again at the 9PM one. If there still isn't a winner we will simply reschedule for the next week. If you don't see me there in my ogre suit the contest won't be valid. I want a lot of people to be there and if there is a really low amount it kind of ruins the spirit of what I had in mind so tell your friends!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Major changes* - Eligibility has changed. Instead of being the first to loot and screenshot, I now ask that you actually obtain the trinket. This is to extend the longevity of the event and to make it a bit easier to track. If it's your first time obtaining the trinket you will get an achievement which is proof enough. If you already have the achievement all I ask if you take a screenshot near Tojara/Grommash showing that you looted the trinket.
Edited by Tojara on 2/27/2012 10:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
When do the chests spawn? On a 3 hour timer? I was thinking either the 6PM or 9PM to start this.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I WILL BE THERE!
Reply Quote
im confused. is this going to be at the new darkmoon fairy pvp areana? cause you just started talking about dropping chests
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
No it's going to be in the STV arena. As I recall the old chest still spawns there.

The reason I want to do it here is because it's a lot harder to cheese it with a raid group. Only people within your party appear friendly, so if you're in G1 of a raid group, G2 will appear hostile towards you. If I get as many people as I am hoping attend, it's going to be rather difficult to stop and try and differentiate "RED" people you're trying to work with.

If there truly isn't a lot of people here I'll probably try and do this next Friday, so more people can be aware of it. I truly want it to be mayhem.
Reply Quote
First off, sounds fun and thanks for putting this on. I miss the days of world pvp :(

Secondly, I use to really enjoy camping and preventing others from looting the chest. If I remember correctly, after 15 minutes of not being being looted the chest disappears. Not sure if that changes anything but thought I'd throw it out there.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
It would be so hard to enforce that though!

I am up for anything else, but the main premise is a lot of people in one small area destroying each other lol.
Reply Quote
ill wager a few [The 1 Ring]s on the winner.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I think this will work out fine actually.

I am sitting on top of the chest as we speak and it still hasn't gone away after 30 minutes, so it seems it stays up for quite some time.

So what I'll do is the following.

6PM server on Friday the 24th. If you see me turn into an Ogre the contest will be valid (please don't kill me!). If not check back on the forums so I can reschedule at a different time. In the event that the chest despawns before someone can loot it, we will simply wait until the 9PM chest to drop and go at it again. If it despawns after that I will simply reschedule the event for another day until we finally have a winner.

Remember! It's only valid if you see me on either Tojara or Grommash, transformed into an Ogre with dual warglaives. If you witness that, you know that it's a valid chest.

I'll be watching like a hawk to see who loots the chest first!

If you just want to hang out with A LOT of people it's a good time to come out. If you want to kill people there should be plenty of that as well. And lastly if you want a pretty nice reward, well we got that covered as well!

Update: Lasted at least an hour. So it's on! Also updated the original post!
Edited by Gròmmash on 2/24/2012 7:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
bump
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
6 server TONIGHT!

If there aren't many people I'll try again at 9, and if there still isn't people here I'll have to reschedule for next week!

Remember if you don't see an Ogre there isn't a reward for looting it!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Well there was actually a huge turnout! And I am surprised it only took 10 minutes but none the less!

iliketrtlz of strike force go was the winner with a ninja grab of the chest! He literally came out of nowhere! As such he is the winner of the Pureblood Firehawk, Firelord title and a T11 title of his choice. As a consolation prize he may also gift a Firelord title to anybody of his choosing.

I asked for a screenshot for confirmation, but I think the achievement popping up is more than enough confirmation, so congratulations!

Keep in touch with me and I'll get you setup either this week or in the coming weeks.

It's HIGHLY likely I'll be doing this again either next week or a week in the future as it had a lot larger turnout than I thought!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s151/ajm430/WoWScrnShot_022412_210546.jpg

see how looting it first doesnt make a difference if u get killed? I looted the whites and green items at 9:05 long before the final portion was looted. maybe the rules should be different seeing as the first looter doesnt matter, its the 2nd or 3rd, who ever can finally clear it out
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]