EHN - Trying to get it :(

85 Gnome Rogue
It's so damn whack-a-mole! Crazy conflicting cooldowns on all 900 spells you have to use make it hard :(

Tips for someone with limited mobility in his hands? 1/2/3/4/Q/E/R/MOUSE 4 is about all I can work with while still being able to concentrate on moving.

:(
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Hi! I use to have this problem until I switched my movement keys to ESDF instead of WASD.

Now I Use:
Q W 3 R T G A and after I got use to those, you can use C V etc.

I also use the WoW mouse for a ton of binds. Hope this helps!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Ok i use 1-5, r, f, g, c, j, shift-j, ctrl-j, ;, shift-;, ctrl-; and `, shift-`, ctrl-` for my different calls.
oh and t recalls my totems.

Reply Quote
02/21/2012 11:10 PMPosted by Grovels
It's so damn whack-a-mole! Crazy conflicting cooldowns on all 900 spells you have to use make it hard :(

everything is harder if youre used to playing rogue.
Reply Quote
7 Draenei Shaman
`12345
alt+`12345

That's twelve super easy keys to reach.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Bartender4 Addon:
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/bartender4

ShockandAwe Addon:
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/shockandawe

Use the Bartender to customized your bars to the way you like it. Use ShockAndAwe to setup your priorities and it'll display the icons for which you should be using during the fight.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Bartender4 Addon:
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/bartender4

ShockandAwe Addon:
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/shockandawe

Use the Bartender to customized your bars to the way you like it. Use ShockAndAwe to setup your priorities and it'll display the icons for which you should be using during the fight.

Shock and Awe is terrible. I used to use it a lot during Wrath but ever since Cata it's started slowing down. If you switch to using Power Auras to track your abilities (And learn your priority listing) your performance will go farther than if you were solely relying on Shock and Awe. Plus, that's just a lame way to play anyways.

http://tinypic.com/r/2dkwmkh/5

Addons used:

Power Auras
Deadly Boss Mods
Ice Hud

Power Auras (Left to right):

1st row- Stormstrike, Fire Nova, Maelstrom Weapon x5, Lava Lash, Shamanistic Rage.
2nd row- Searing Totem, Unleash Elements, Maelstrom Weapon x3, Maelstrom Weapon x4, Shock Cooldown, Feral Spirits.
Top left-hand corner- Trinket Cooldown/Blood Rage racial

I bind keys 1-6 for abilities I use regularly while 'Y' is Lightning Shield, 'R' is Searing Totem, and 'E' is Call of the Elements (All Totems).
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
1 2 3 4 (5 = BL)
alt+ 1 2 3 4 e

How many more skills should i be using as enhance? :D

I have rarer skills, such as elementals and rocket gloves on shift key combo's.. however if i didnt use ctrl as my ventrillo PTT, then ctrl would replace shift.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
02/22/2012 06:56 AMPosted by Torcano

everything is harder if youre used to playing rogue.

HAHAHahahahaahahaaa!!!!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Thanks for the heads-up on Power Auras, I'll check that out.

I agree that ShockAndAwe turns the gaming mechanics into something more like Guitar Hero... Which IS kind of lame, but for myself who's still very new to WoW it was/is definitely some welcomed training wheels.
Reply Quote
22 Gnome Warrior
I am going to let you in on a little secret: two macros bound to just two keys (or preferable mouse buttons) that will let you outplay ANY other shaman's sustained DPS output except the most gifted eye twitcher and keyboard jocky.

First key/mouse button:

/castsequence [mod] Wind Shear;reset=15 Unleash Elements,Flame Shock,Lava Lash,Stormstrike,Earth Shock,Searing Totem,Earth Shock,Lava Lash,Stormstrike,Unleash Elements,Flame Shock,Lightning Shield,Stormstrike,Lava Lash,Earth Shock
/startattack

Second key/mouse button:

/cast [mod] Fire Nova;Lightning Bolt

Go to Interface->Combat->Lag Tolerance and set it to the maximum.

Now MASH the first button hard and fast. Don't even worry about monitoring the GCD. Pre-queuing in this way will give you more DPS output than the guy who prides himself on staring at Power Aura graphics and contorting fingers in a reactive mode. His reaction and lag time, no matter how small he thinks it is, will be out performed by what I just showed you.

When Blizz's default Maelstrom aura lights up your screen, hit the second button to cast your lightning. Or use Power Auras to flash a huge graphics across your screen at MW5 just to make sure you do not miss it.

Pressing any mod key (cntrl, shift, alt) with the first macro will let you fire off your interrupt.

The mod key on the second button will let you aoe.

Single Target, Interrupt, AoE. Two buttons. Easy peasy.

(Actually three. You will have to press that Call of Something or Other to drop your totems at the start.)

Some other tips: use your wolves as soon as the CD expires unless it is going to cause some crazy issue. If a burn phase is getting close, save them to use with Blood Lust. Summon them first. Then Lust.

Now sit back and watch all the haters toss their laughable insults. They just mad because they just got pwned by a macro.
Edited by Prattle on 2/22/2012 8:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I just hard click and I don't have that much trouble pvping or doing 20k dps in HoTs (ilvl like 380'sh).
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Buy a Razer Naga! It has 10 buttons, super easy.

I used to have everything key binded from f1 - f7 and everything below, as well as lots of shift, ctrl and alt binds, so i got a naga and it really lightened things up.

bind 10 spells to the ten buttons, and then ten more to shift variants.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I use my mouse to move (Left+Right click), it really enhances your mobility, while having my Greater Healing Wave bound to clicking on my mouse wheel. I use numbers 2-7 and f1-f6 keys.
F3-Stormstrike
F4-Lava Lash
F5-Wind Shear
F6-Unleash Elements
2-Lava Burst/Purge
3-Flame Shock
4-Earth Shock
5-Frost Shock
6-Lightning Bolt
7-Chain Lightning

This keeps every important ability just 1 key away at all times, and, in my opinion, flows rather smoothly. Everything else is strictly situational, so I just click on everything else.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
02/22/2012 08:19 PMPosted by Prattle
Now MASH the first button hard and fast. Don't even worry about monitoring the GCD. Pre-queuing in this way will give you more DPS output than the guy who prides himself on staring at Power Aura graphics and contorting fingers in a reactive mode. His reaction and lag time, no matter how small he thinks it is, will be out performed by what I just showed you.

Are you stupid or intoxicated? Or would it happen to be both?

/castsequence [mod] Wind Shear;reset=15 Unleash Elements,Flame Shock,Lava Lash,Stormstrike,Earth Shock,Searing Totem,Earth Shock,Lava Lash,Stormstrike,Unleash Elements,Flame Shock,Lightning Shield,Stormstrike,Lava Lash,Earth Shock

Right, because LL > Stormstrike. Your DPS is already going to drop by making this error.

Let's also not forget Searing Totem being in the middle of that clutter of crap.

When Blizz's default Maelstrom aura lights up your screen, hit the second button to cast your lightning. Or use Power Auras to flash a huge graphics across your screen at MW5 just to make sure you do not miss it.

Some other tips: use your wolves as soon as the CD expires unless it is going to cause some crazy issue. If a burn phase is getting close, save them to use with Blood Lust. Summon them first. Then Lust.

These two things right here are how you also know you have a terrible player.

But that should already have been obvious from the first sentence.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I would highly recommend investing in a multi button mouse, at least 4+ buttons. I really hate having to click my spells, and for some of the characters I play I couldn't bind all of my spells to comfortable binds. I got a new mouse, got used to it, and it opened up a TON of comfortable binds. Most of them you can even bind saay mouse button 1-4 then mouse button 1-4 + shift or ctrl or alt. That's 16 extra buttons just on your mouse!

Hope this helps.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
I am going to let you in on a little secret: two macros bound to just two keys (or preferable mouse buttons) that will let you outplay ANY other shaman's sustained DPS output except the most gifted eye twitcher and keyboard jocky.

First key/mouse button:

/startattack

Second key/mouse button:

Pressing any mod key (cntrl, shift, alt) with the first macro will let you fire off your interrupt.

(Actually three. You will have to press that Call of Something or Other to drop your totems at the start.)

Now sit back and watch all the haters toss their laughable insults. They just mad because they just got pwned by a macro.

This !@#$, is absolute genius. My DPS sort of dropped a bit I don't know why but this is still good enough for when I want to be lazy and pull out enough DPS that people won't hate me.

<3 you.

Would this improve the above macro?

/castsequence [mod] Wind Shear;reset=15 Unleash Elements,Flame Shock,Stormstrike,Lava Lash,Earth Shock,Earth Shock,Stormstrike,Lava Lash,Unleash Elements,Flame Shock,Searing Totem,Stormstrike,Lava Lash,Earth Shock
/startattack
Edited by Rambosaurus on 2/23/2012 2:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman

First key/mouse button:

/startattack

Second key/mouse button:

This !@#$, is absolute genius. My DPS sort of dropped a bit I don't know why but this is still good enough for when I want to be lazy and pull out enough DPS that people won't hate me.

<3 you.

Would this improve the above macro?

/castsequence [mod] Wind Shear;reset=15 Unleash Elements,Flame Shock,Stormstrike,Lava Lash,Earth Shock,Earth Shock,Stormstrike,Lava Lash,Unleash Elements,Flame Shock,Searing Totem,Stormstrike,Lava Lash,Earth Shock
/startattack

not sure if trolling....
your priority queue is terrible. its even worse when target switching. you can't macro a priority queue, or it would be a rotation. period.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
to pull maximum dps all you need to watch is storm strike lava lash unleash, the maelstrom stack, and shock cd. i do this simply and neatly by just !@#$ing binding the 4 spells in the middle of my screen using bartender. im always doing my end of the dps which in lfr is about 3rd place behind the hunter thats also in full pvp gear & the tank.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=c49aa&s=5

the cast bars are focus-target-mine in that order top to bottom.

my frame is top left, target is top right, focus is bottom left, and targets target is bottom right.

my keybinds are so simple because i have a razer naga. and i just use default blizz raid frames, the less addons the better. bask in the cleanest most awareness friendly pvp ui you have ever seen.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Q (stormstrike)
E( lava lash)
R (earth shock)
F (flame shock)
X (fire nova)

shift+Q (stoneclaw totem)
shift+E (shamanistic rage)
shift+R (stoneform)
shift+F (feral spirit)

left alt+Q,E,R is for my totems.
Edited by Kenshammeh on 2/23/2012 4:35 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]