Transfers to Gnomeregan

85 Troll Shaman
Hello all,

Sometime next week, my brother and I will be transferring over to alliance-side Gnomeregan from horde-side Black Dragonflight. BD is very over populated, especially horde-side, and we would prefer to play alliance. We both have leveled characters on Gnomer before and have a positive experience with the people.

We are looking to join a guild as a pair. I will be bringing over this shaman (iLvL 380), and likely an 85 DK, but I am currently leveling a priest who is going to be my new main. My brother is a recent 85 druid. We both have extensive raiding experience in BC and Lich King, and moderate raiding experience in Cata.

We are looking for a socially upbeat guild consisting of nice, helpful, and chill people to hang out and do instances with,, but also a guild that when the time comes we will allow us to consider raiding, which is what we both want to get into again. Obviously with the way guild reputation works, we'd like to find a guild to stay committed too while I finish leveling my priest and my brother gears his druid.

Welcoming any and all constructive responses!

Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Give me a shout when you and your brother arrive on Gnomer and we'll talk <The Brothers> might be a good fit for you guys and we have a couple of raid spots opening up soon that you might be able to fill.

Happy Hunting!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Don't DO IT. STAY WHERE YOU ARE.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Why do you say that Diebre?
Reply Quote
93 Night Elf Mage
HI
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Warrior
diebre would say that for the fact that you said that pve is what your looking to do and gnomer is ranked 203 out of 246 in the US realms for pve
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
We're less concerned with the overall high end progression than we are with the character and community of the realm / guild. Can anyone speak to those aspects?
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Warrior
i played on gnomer for many years and left due to friends that have quit the game and depends on the guild for if they are worth being in as for the realm eh its so and so
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
02/25/2012 09:23 AMPosted by Windviper
We're less concerned with the overall high end progression than we are with the character and community of the realm / guild. Can anyone speak to those aspects?

Ohhhh I can speak on those aspects for hours man. And its not in a good way.
1) We got trolls, lots and lots of trolls.
2) Said trolls are not controlled, they run rampant.
3) Trade Chat trolling is far worse than most servers
4) Nice and Friendly Players are hard to find if you ask me.
5) The server melts and bends your mind, it is able to turn a grown mans mind into that of a 5 year old little boy.
6) Coming here will result in a waste of a very nice 25$.
7) Trolls. Enough said.

All of us here are stuck to this server, Chained to an immovable pole in the ground. No matter how much we want to leave. We cannot. This server will suck you in with a friendly-looking cover, then chew and swallow you whole, with no way out. And if you stay too long.....You end up like trolling bob over there, that is if you keep trade on for too long.
Edited by Iceepowa on 2/25/2012 10:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Warrior
i agree with iceepowa i left 8 lvl 85s on the sever and just left
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
I like our realm.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
Our realm is infested with trolls, but most of the time it's okay and maybe even entertaining. If you don't mind messing around, this server is good. However, do not expect to get amazing progression on this server.
Reply Quote
93 Night Elf Mage
Yeh =]
Reply Quote
86 Undead Warlock
TNT
Our server isn't that bad :)

I can't speak for alliance side because I don't play alliance but horde is fun. I've been on this server forever, I tried playing alts on other servers and just couldn't get into it and always came back. I had friends transfer to other servers that I wanted to play with but just couldn't give up my home here. Eventually they came back here *grin*. I guess that part is true, the server will suck you in and keep you forever!

Seriously though, for me Gnomer is about the people. I get nostalgic and miss the old school players from time to time, sometimes they pop in on trade or whispers and say hi and it's nice. There's a crop of new players that makes it not feel as much like home for some of the older crews, myself included, but a lot of the old players are still around on alts and various other places. I've been in exactly three guilds in my far too many years playing this game. First two shaped how I play and what I think the game is all about ... I won't ever raid hard core but I've managed to see just about all raid content before it was obsolete or I out leveled it by being persistent and patient. Not the first there but at least I enjoy the ride. I'm a casual player through and through and for me this server is the BEST one for that atmosphere. It's fun, the people are silly and fun, no one really is going to break any records. You'll have a few players or guilds that think they are hot stuff because they are "the first" but really that's just on gnomer and not much to write home about, first here is still light years behind other servers lol. If you want to be the first or the best, we aren't the server for you. If you want fun, atmosphere, and to go at your own pace... this is the server for you. It's what I've seen of it.

The guilds you play with and the people you surround yourself with make a big, huge part of if you'll enjoy this game or not. If you aren't happy move on and find the right home for you. My guild, TNT, has become more than just a WOW guild... we do more outside of game than in game a lot of times. Almost all of us have each other's numbers, we've had a few meet ups in person (the ones close that can), some hang out regularly now, we call each other, chat all the time, we play other games together outside of WOW, it honest and truly has become one very large extended family. I love my guild and the people in it, I don't believe we could have built a home or family like TNT without this great server being our roots. There really isn't another server like Gnomeregan... good and the bad, it's a great place to call home.

Take the hate with a grain of salt. Find the right guild, take your time and move around if you need to, enjoy the game for what it is, just ignore the trolls or join in sometimes for giggles (... I've never done that.... ;) ). This server could be the home you've been looking for, if you aren't looking for fast, hard progression.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
02/27/2012 12:58 AMPosted by Phoënix
do not expect to get amazing progression

That is a very true fact. As of today, Heroic rag was killed for the FIRST time by a guild group for example
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
02/27/2012 07:59 PMPosted by Iceepowa
That is a very true fact. As of today, Heroic rag was killed for the FIRST time by a guild group for example

Simply because we did not put any efforts into it until last week and we held it off from doing it 10man.

This is a small server, there is no doubt in that OP, but considering how small the server is; there is a few guilds that are actually performant, no matter what some people might say. Our server is ranked pretty low due to the sheer lack of number of performant guilds.
Reply Quote
52 Human Paladin
You'll deal with alot of nonsense moving to this realm. You've got players constantly feeling like they have to defend themselves, even when no one has said anything bad about them. It's this overwhelming ego and childishness here that makes this realm terrible.

If you're looking to feel included or welcomed in any guild, take your pick they will always pick favorites or friends over you. Moving here, you'll find yourself going from guild to guild, not to mention having to deal with (as already mentioned) trolls. If there's one thing this realm has, it's lots and lots of guilds that more or less accomplish nothing. Or when they do, expect that the entire realm should look up to them for doing something other guilds/realms/people have done months ago. I know you said you weren't too concerned about progression, but that's the reality of it. Let the money you were going to use to transfer here sit in your pocket until you're sure about making a transfer. I wouldn't.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Suggest you not making the transfer there. I had all my 85s in Gnomer a while ago, but ever since Cata hit, every day Gnomer is becoming more of a ghost town in which only live the trolls.
Edited by Cláire on 3/1/2012 2:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
03/01/2012 09:48 AMPosted by Ex
You've got players constantly feeling like they have to defend themselves

This fact is so very true. You never know what kind of mean things trade may do to you, and when they do target you...... You'll end up as a victim of never-ending harassment.

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
I was actually gonna transfer here as well. I guess not anymore. (I bet our Hydraxis trolls could out childish your Gnomeregan trolls)
Edited by Lutecia on 3/2/2012 6:26 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]