Upgraded but it made a new account instead!

6 Human Rogue
so i decided to purchase the battlechest after leveling up my rogue to 19... i went to my account clicked my wow1 account where my rogue is... went through the transaction part. Im pretty sure it went through after that but what was strange was it kicked me back to the regular wow site for account managment to setup a reacurring sub with dredit card... so i did that and i tried to log into my account with my rogue and instead of upgrading my existing account it made a whole new account altogether.... ??

i put in a few tickets and im waiting now but will they put my upgrade back on my existing account with my lvl 19 rogue? i am semi casual and i really dont want to start over again.

on top of that i went and made a new toon on the new battlechest account and i still cant "yell" or "trade" cause it still says im on a starter account???? wth???

i have to buy all the way up to cata to get all these perks? or am i bugged? pissed confused and fustrated
Reply Quote
You will have to call billing.
As for the other stuff, you will have to wait up to 72 hours for the payment to process.
Reply Quote
6 Human Rogue
this is so inconvenient... i dont dont understand why they just wouldnt automatically attach it to my existing account and be confusing like this.. i busted my but to lvl 19 ( yes i know 19 is easy but i dont play that much anymore) i had honor and was about to get some BOA stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
02/22/2012 11:55 PMPosted by Mahoñy
this is so inconvenient... i dont dont understand why they just wouldnt automatically attach it to my existing account and be confusing like this

Well, the truth of the matter is - this is something you did. Not Blizzard.

You can either upgrade an existing starter account - by selecting that account in battle.net account management page - and following the appropriate link.

Or you can make an entirely new account - which is what it would appear that you did.

The only people that can assist you is the Billing team.
Reply Quote
6 Human Rogue
yes but the wierd part about it was i clicked my original account wow1 to upgrade it and payments went through but i think something went wrong or glitched because it kicked me back to wow management to setup a subscription which never happened to me before. it would just upgrade that first account and id be good to go. ill be giving them a call in the morning
Reply Quote
this is so inconvenient... i dont dont understand why they just wouldnt automatically attach it to my existing account and be confusing like this.. i busted my but to lvl 19 ( yes i know 19 is easy but i dont play that much anymore) i had honor and was about to get some BOA stuff.

It typically does perform an UPGRADE on an existing account, but every once in a while due to the sequence of steps a player uses, it makes a new account.

The GMs will not be able to fix this. You will have to call Billing to have them move the license from one account to the other.

Good luck on your trip from 19->85.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent

Many players have multiple accounts - a single Battle.net can hold up to eight individual WoW accounts.

Billing can assist with this.

Billing and Account Services
Phone Support - 1 (800) 59-BLIZZ (1 (800) 592 5499)
Live Representatives Available 7 days a week, 7am to 8pm Pacific Time

Canada 1-800-592-5499
    United States 1-800-592-5499

We have also provided the following numbers for our international customers:

Argentina 0800-333-0778
    Australia 1-800-041-378
    Chile 1230-020-5554
    Mexico 001-888-578-7628
    New Zealand 0-800-452-520

Further contact information can be found here...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/932934085
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]