WoW Training Grounds. Youll never be the same

85 Blood Elf Priest
The WoW training grounds is a max-level training ground with scripted training for each class and each of their specs.

Players at max level (cause lets face it, you can just button smash your way pre-max-level) will be able to visit the training grounds in any major city to enter an arena with a trainer.

With 5 different difficulties (Easy, Normal, Hard, Hardcore, Master) players will be tested in an arena against scripted NPCs.

Each difficulty will take you through 10-15 different tests, beginning with simple assignments such as a basic rotation to your spells, all the way up to staying out of fire, dodging falling objects, while still attempting to kill a series of npcs on a timer.

DPS would be put through enrage timer tests, where only after executing a rotation to a raid standard would grant victory.

Healers would be put through a benediction style test, at first simply healing an npc taking some minor damage from a dot, all the way up to keeping 4 other people alive while staying out of fire and dodging falling objects.

With my understand that tanks are being adjusted to be more like DKs, tanks would be put through survival tests.. being forced to use abilities (such as Death Strike) at the proper times to stay alive long enough to finish the event.

Awarding achievements, transmog gear, mounts and pets as rewards would be enough incentive for players to want to experience the content, and give new players a way to learn their characters.

Let's be honest with ourselves... learning while leveling doesn't work. You button smash and win.. and if you die, oh well, get back to your body, keep smashing and you'll win that time. It only matters when your max level and the encounters are difficult... Players have no idea how to play their class, and have no way of learning...

No one wants to read Elitist Jerks... and new players have no idea it exists. And lets face it, reading is no where as good as experiencing.

It's time blizzard develop the WoW training grounds.. this would work... and scripting events as such wouldn't be so bad... you are talking about 30 specs, with most events being simple tasks. First 3-6 stages would be just an NPC standing there while players went from learning what each spell does to how to use in a rotation... so the amount of encounters (while still a lot) would not be a crazy amount that isn't doable.

Dooo it! :)
Edited by Shorthealed on 2/27/2012 7:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
I SUPPORT THIS 100%
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
02/27/2012 07:13 PMPosted by Zentrox
I SUPPORT THIS 100%

who wouldn't? :)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
I SUPPORT THIS 100%
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Isn't this what LFR is for? That's where I do all my testing.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
02/27/2012 07:20 PMPosted by Saihah

Most fights in Dragon Soul want to have a word with you, namely Ultraxion and Spine of Deathwing.

LFR does not teach you or get you ready for regular raids. It allows you to either ignore a lot of mechanics (Ultraxion hour of twilight), or it removes any serious mechanic which (according to blizzard) requires a guild and "coordination".

LFR is not a teaching tool, it is an easy difficulty designed for pugs to allow them to see content and say "I got to kill Deathwing".

But how do you know what rotation to use in LFR? How do you know what talents to pick? Or how to move, stop cast, etc? You don't.. and LFR, although very forgiving, would be a final stage of training.
Edited by Shorthealed on 2/27/2012 7:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
YES.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
02/27/2012 07:20 PMPosted by Saihah

You can get vote-kicked in LFR, though.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
The WoW training grounds is a max-level training ground with scripted training for each class and each of their specs.

Players at max level (cause lets face it, you can just button smash your way pre-max-level) will be able to visit the training grounds in any major city to enter an arena with a trainer.

With 5 different difficulties (Easy, Normal, Hard, Hardcore, Master) players will be tested in an arena against scripted NPCs.

Each difficulty will take you through 10-15 different tests, beginning with simple assignments such as a basic rotation to your spells, all the way up to staying out of fire, dodging falling objects, while still attempting to kill a series of npcs on a timer.

DPS would be put through enrage timer tests, where only after executing a rotation to a raid standard would grant victory.

Healers would be put through a benediction style test, at first simply healing an npc taking some minor damage from a dot, all the way up to keeping 4 other people alive while staying out of fire and dodging falling objects.

With my understand that tanks are being adjusted to be more like DKs, tanks would be put through survival tests.. being forced to use abilities (such as Death Strike) at the proper times to stay alive long enough to finish the event.

Awarding achievements, transmog gear, mounts and pets as rewards would be enough incentive for players to want to experience the content, and give new players a way to learn their characters.

Let's be honest with ourselves... learning while leveling doesn't work. You button smash and win.. and if you die, oh well, get back to your body, keep smashing and you'll win that time. It only matters when your max level and the encounters are difficult... Players have no idea how to play their class, and have no way of learning...

No one wants to read Elitist Jerks... and new players have no idea it exists. And lets face it, reading is no where as good as experiencing.

It's time blizzard develop the WoW training grounds.. this would work... and scripting events as such wouldn't be so bad... you are talking about 30 specs, with most events being simple tasks. First 3-6 stages would be just an NPC standing there while players went from learning what each spell does to how to use in a rotation... so the amount of encounters (while still a lot) would not be a crazy amount that isn't doable.

Dooo it! :)

This is one of the most brilliant ideas I have ever seen in my entire life.

/sign
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Be like Mission mode in fighting games. Where they ask you to pull off an increasingly elaborate set of combos and maneuvers to the point you spend your afternoon destroying you fingers and stick trying to pull it off.

Then you spend the night dreaming about it. Your hands twitching in the motions.

So yes, mission mode.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
Wow. This would be absolutely PERFECT.

Up vote OP, bump this post. Blizz NEEDS To see this.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
02/27/2012 07:31 PMPosted by Byniri
Blizz NEEDS To see this.

YES.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I SUPPORT THIS 100%
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman

So regardless of the fact all the resources are readily available, you want Blizzard to take time away from developing new content to work on this.

This is sad.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
Another good idea:

Because people get so mixed up on stats sometimes, add in a lowbie quest where you get a piece of gear with your spec's main stats on it.

Example:

Priest's Robe

+1 Stam
+1 Intell
+1 Spirit
Increases Haste by 1
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Training grounds cannot train a healer to heal. There is way too many variables.

Did a DPS not move in time?
Did the tank time his CD wrong?
Did the other healer blow their CD's to save the tank?
Did a DPS blow their CD's and start DPS'ing before the tank pulls?

In fight #!, 3 of the DPS took a million damage.

In fight #2 they took 2 million.

In fight #3 they took 500k.

In each fight you would heal them differently.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
02/27/2012 07:32 PMPosted by Sophex
If blizzard can handle it, i'll take it. I would love to test out an actual healing rotation and stuff, rather than just jumping right into a heroic just because i can.

There is no healing rotation, just different situations.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]