WoW Training Grounds. Youll never be the same

70 Human Rogue
100% support!
Reply Quote
51 Night Elf Warrior
I do not need, "training" thank you, already have two melee dps and one caster dps toon at max level, and already know what to do, and when to do it.

I do not sit "fifteen mandatory training tests" to do a dungeon.

Calm down, I don't remember seeing that it would be mandatory, and if so you would just have to do it just once for each specific role, who knows, maybe you'll learn something that you just didn't know.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Mage
02/27/2012 07:13 PMPosted by Zentrox
I SUPPORT THIS 100%
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Calm down, I don't remember seeing that it would be mandatory, and if so you would just have to do it just once for each specific role, who knows, maybe you'll learn something that you just didn't know.

No. I do not "sit for a test" to play a game. Period.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
02/29/2012 02:08 PMPosted by Barathos

We've discussed a similar idea in the past, and it might be possible to use the technology we're using to build out the Scenarios coming in Mists to make something like this happen at some point in the future. Maybe!

It would be cool.

Translation

"Crap... I can't tell them EXACTLY what we're doing, maybe I could ... wait! That's it! I'll make it like we 'might' be doing this! Yes!"

*Posts*

Translation: http://www.wowwiki.com/Soon :P
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Mage
02/29/2012 03:08 PMPosted by Zhenogre

uh... see that stick? In your butt? Might want to pull that out. Just a suggestion.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
02/27/2012 07:13 PMPosted by Zentrox
I SUPPORT THIS 100%

Yup. :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
Unlike you, I have all my glyphs in place.

Practise what thou preachest.

I have no idea what you do and don't have, because it has so little bearing on the discussion.

Having players be overprepared is far better than coming in with no preparation, and the fact is that plenty of players have no desire to do outside research ( for various reasons: time, laziness, apathy, etc). Bringing the learning into WoW is helpful for them, and helpful for every group they're put into.

This is great way to implement it.
Edited by Sneakygreek on 2/29/2012 3:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
51 Night Elf Warrior
02/29/2012 03:08 PMPosted by Zhenogre

You're over hit cap.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I think this is a waste of development time. I'd rather have more 5-man dungeons other than this.

Similar experience: the trials of the god in that god of war game, which I beat, but was not exactly fun.

The obvious problem is this. Either someone just will not do it or if they have to, they'll have someone else do it for them.

On top of all these matters, what a lot of people fail to understand is that self-esteem greatly affects how people play this game. Most people think of self-esteem as like "emo" people. But people with high self-esteem are an even bigger problem. These are the kinds of people that think they're invincible (I don't mean in-game) and bad that happens is the error of someone else. Another example would be, if people are not listening to them, then those people must be idiots. Further examples would be "internet trolls" who act or do things that seem evidently stupid in order to rationalize their shortcomings of knowledge.

To illustrate this point further, think of the traditional promoters of kung-fu. Some people believe that it is for self defense. But scholarly Chinese works on the model say that it is for reflection, so one can practice to recognize their errors instead of blaming others. And as I often like to say, Socrates is often deemed "the wisest" and in his own defense in the Platonic dialogues, he said so because he "knows thyself."

Even to put all of this aside, sometimes players just do not feel like playing 100% of the time. For example, if you have not had a good meal for the day, it is more difficult to maintain rotation and watch you dots, hots, debuffs etc....

My vote for this matter is "no." I believe there are more of the above examples that I come across while playing 10 85s, 9 of which are in mostly LFR gear, than there are genuine new players.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
02/29/2012 12:39 PMPosted by Daxxarri
The WoW training grounds is a max-level training ground with scripted training for each class and each of their specs.

We've discussed a similar idea in the past, and it might be possible to use the technology we're using to build out the Scenarios coming in Mists to make something like this happen at some point in the future. Maybe!

It would be cool.

YES!
YES!!
YES!!!!!
Do it! Full speed ahead! This is approved!!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
You're over hit cap

Yes. I know. And my raid leader knows, and my guildmaster knows, and they are both happy to leave it where it is, as am I, as 17% is a soft cap. They are both very happy as things stand, my gear is properly enchanted and gemmed, all my glyphs are correct, I have done several raids successfully, am 2/8 FL, 2/8 DS normal,. am part of a core raid team on my server, pull over 40k in raid instances, have done BH both 10 and 25 man, am 3/4 in BoT and we intend to do Cho'Gall in Heroic mode, hence why he remains.

My guild is also aware I have the legendary quest, and after DS is sorted out I will be going after that achievement. Since this toon has hit 85 I have progressed to my satisfaction, and as I have just finished a contract with some difficult hours and six day weeks, what I have achieved has been in the time I have had available.

I don't enjoy wasting my time because players don't have a flippin' clue what they're doing

Then practise what you preach, and fix the missing glyph.
Reply Quote
51 Night Elf Warrior
02/29/2012 03:20 PMPosted by Sephrina
On top of all these matters, what a lot of people fail to understand is that self-esteem greatly affects how people play this game. Most people think of self-esteem as like "emo" people. But people with high self-esteem are an even bigger problem. These are the kinds of people that think they're invincible (I don't mean in-game) and bad that happens is the error of someone else. Another example would be, if people are not listening to them, then those people must be idiots. Further examples would be "internet trolls" who act or do things that seem evidently stupid in order to rationalize their shortcomings of knowledge.

This would be a great example of people that this wouldn't help. Ideally I would want someone to have to do this at least once for each spec though getting people to have to do this that have been playing already for a while would surely have backlash. I'm not to sure of how they would want to implement this but with the amount of new players that will probably come with MoP i feel like this would be a great tool to ensure we don't have a whole lot of inexperienced players running around, but the question of "Will this even be an issue" arises once we get our hands on the easy heroics they've told us about.

Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
Yes. I know. And my raid leader knows, and my guildmaster knows, and they are both happy to leave it where it is, as am I, as 17% is a soft cap. They are both very happy as things stand, my gear is properly enchanted and gemmed, all my glyphs are correct, I have done several raids successfully

Yeah yeah, excellent resume. We're proud of you.

This clearly isn't for you. There are plenty of players out there who either don't utilize the resources to achieve any or this or simply don't know they're available. Those players could use the help.

Reply Quote
51 Night Elf Warrior
02/29/2012 03:27 PMPosted by Zhenogre
Then practise what you preach, and fix the missing glyph.

Not sure what you're talking about with soft hit cap, when you reach 17% you should stop as far as I know. You're not reforged properly either, you also have several gems that should be brilliant inferno rubies, you're coming off as a bit of a hypocrite.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage

Hence my point about not being required to "sit a test".
Reply Quote
This is a BRILLIANT idea.

I'd sign up. I'd play the heck out of it. It's got replayablity, it's good for the game, it's good for the players, and it, really, sounds like just PILES of fun.

And I totally love transmog toys.

Please Blizzard, [b]DO THIS[/b]. Your group leaders will thank you, your players will thank you, your raiders will thank you, your all the people will thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Not sure what you're talking about with soft hit cap, when you reach 17% you should stop as far as I know. You're not reforged properly either, you also have several gems that should be brilliant inferno rubies

2 empty glyph slots
9 unenchanted items

you're coming off as a bit of a hypocrite.

Oh? Show me your level 85, 386 Arcane mage, and we can compare.

BTW, Mr Warrior, you do not gem pure intellect and nothing else. You do not gem pure ANYTHING.

As for reforging, it can wait until I get the rest of my 397 gear, incl headpiece and chest. But then again, you'd know that if you had a mage.
Edited by Zhenogre on 2/29/2012 3:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
02/29/2012 03:37 PMPosted by Sneakygreek
Yes. I know. And my raid leader knows, and my guildmaster knows, and they are both happy to leave it where it is, as am I, as 17% is a soft cap. They are both very happy as things stand, my gear is properly enchanted and gemmed, all my glyphs are correct, I have done several raids successfully

This clearly isn't for you. There are plenty of players out there who either don't utilize the resources to achieve any or this or simply don't know they're available. Those players could use the help.

I really don't think they should make it "mandatory" for anybody to complete a trial, although a tool like this in an optional format would be great. Making this a "mandatory" trial would have the feeling of attunements all over again, which is something blizzard has been moving away from. The only real attunements left in the game are heroic raids - complete the normal version to access the hard.

Imagine if a raider continues to die to fire on the ground. Either the raid lead or an in-game prompt can ask them to review a similar situation without having to take 9 others along with them or wait for LFR. This gives a guild or an invidual player the opportunity to finely tune their skills, test setups/specs/gear, or just play around for fun (or rewards).

Edit: Lets try and stay on-topic. This is a good rough idea that needs some polishing - I'd hate to see this thread locked for bashing others.
Edited by Aredyl on 2/29/2012 3:51 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]