This server is a joke now

90 Goblin Rogue
I remember the old days, when we had several great guilds that progressed content competitively and world pvp was awesome..

I can remember as a noob hanging out in stormwind before moving to the horde, when 80+ horde rampaged through the town killing all in front of them...

Now we are lucky if there are 15 people in stormwind, or for that much org most hours of the day..

I logged into some of the more population heavy servers last night with some lvl1 chars, and was immediately struck by what I remmeber this game to be... and it made me sad that I would have to soon be leaving this realm... because blizzard refuses to be proactive about server management (do they really believe that many people are going to come back to play the game again as a panda this time???) I guess ill be forced to front 75 dollars to move my chars around... its really quite unfortunate.

I wish they would just merge the low pop servers together...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
I wish they would merge all the servers and make them 20k+ pop each. It's just a dream though. Never gonna happen.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
02/28/2012 04:30 PMPosted by Xpariah
I wish they would merge all the servers and make them 20k+ pop each. It's just a dream though. Never gonna happen.

Sounds horrible.

Anywho, not that striking down some of the lower-lower pop servers would be bad, this server currently has nothing drastically wrong with it imo. I transferred here from a low pop server back at the end of BC. And by low pop I mean there was one raiding guild per faction. and PvP guilds were non exsistent. So...this server is wewll off by comparison.

The main problem doesn't really rely with low population. It lies with that fact that most things are soloable. And those that are not the incentive is greater to do them with a guild, or you out level them so fast that it doesn't matter if you don't get them done, or its now automatically found for you with people from different servers. Back in vanilla it took forever to level and you need groups frequently. They have remedied this a bit by allowing cross realm grouping and such but..eh...

Can't speak much on the PvP attacks. Maybe the server is full of people like me who wish to hurl pvp into the sun....or who just feel apathetic to the horde attacking because there is rarely a challenge :P
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Things have been better here, for sure. But saying things used to be better and actually doing things to make things better are two different... uh... things.

I'm into doing things to make things better for things. :D
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Giant Squids,

I miss Woe Bundy/Forest of Feelings, Smash Bunny, TBAB, and Demonic.

Merging all the RP-PvP realms would be hilariously awesome and fun. I wonder what the maximum number of people on a server Blizzard could support, I wonder what number starts to get unplayable. Trade1, Trade2, Trade3.

World Peace and Puppies,
--Eph
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I liked Smash Bunny and TBAB.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Is it really that bad now? I was glancing around for a new server to dabble on. :c

Also, hi Ephie, lol.
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Shaman
I had played on LH since Classic, and it def has been better. During Wrath I faction changed to Horde to just get some difference in my game. Lately things just seem so bleh.. I actually took my Rogue and server changed him just this past week. The difference in servers are astounding. Trade chat isn't just a troll fest. There are dozens of guilds actively recruiting. More Raids being put together through trade. I mean DS, DS heroic. Even Firelands and some transmog groups running 70-80 raids.

One huge thing I noticed is on the server everyone runs 25 BH. While on LH its 95% 10 mans with the occasional 25 man. Just goes to show you how many people are playing on my new one compared to the LH. Heck the guild I joined has over 800 members in it lol.

I will keep some of my toons on LH of course, but honestly if things don't pick up around mists I think I will be taking the rest of my 85s-90s to a different server. Just so bland and I really see a lack of really good guilds. There are so few now.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
we are on the top of progression because of reckoning thats about it.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
i still love the hoof. It's seen better days but that doesn't really change how i feel about it. i think a lot of servers are feeling the pinch lately. with many new game options out there you lose people to things. i'm sure there are a few "what have i been doing with my life these past 8 years" quitters everyday too. as someone said above...it adds up.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
It was cuz of Smash Bunny that I taught Varnius how to be a raid leader. My nubness as a tank made him a strong raid leader
Reply Quote
still #1 in fishing.....just sayin
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
There should be an RP-Fishing server.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
The game is dying, it's not just LH; that's why they're sweetening the rewards for the scroll of rez.

If they don't get enough people picking the game back with the next xpac there will definitely be merging going on...but the people I know who quit aren't clamoring to get back for this Hello Kitty'esque expansion.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
too much whining going on about how "dead" this server is. its not dead. Is it like BC days? No its not. But what people fail to realize, as said before, its not just LH. The world pvp died down because they added flying mounts, added RBGs, made it so you can play the game without even having to leave SW or Org, made the xpac World of Warcraft :Casualclysm...etc

I see constant posts in trade of how dead the server is but when I see 50 people online in my guild alone, at 4am server, that says that I still have more than enough people to do things with on LH.

Want world pvp back? Start attacking places. Want to raid more? join a raiding guild. Want to sit in trade and whine about how dead it is? server transfer or quit.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Hi all. I've been playing wow since vanilla, started on bloodscalp, BC was dethecus and vashj, Wrath I played on boulderfist, and finally when cata dropped I transfered here. Always for RL buddies.

All I'm getting at is that I've seen what good servers (Like Boulderfist) are like as well as really bad servers (Like Vashj).

When I first got here just after cata dropped I was pleasantly surprised at the level of enthusiasm between world pvpers. There was healthy vendetta kept alive often by trolling players. The server population was just small enough that things felt cozy with enough people revving to try things and enjoy the communal aspect of the game.

However I left in favor of school. And for about a year I was gone, until things cleared up and I returned.

Since I've been back (The last month and a half) I've been severally disappointed in the quality of LH's community. It feels like everyone's abandoned ship and those left are bitter, as if the butt of a bad joke that's been running on and on and everyone's heard it.

Trade chat is stale, with the occasional fail troll whom everyone can't stand.

Without community this game is completely flavorless; I have not given up hope. But if the livelyhood doesn't pick up soon I may just have to leave to a more engaging server.

I hope you all surprise me, and LH turns into a thriving community.

TLDR

I'm interested in joining good people in anything, bgs, raids, world pvp, hang city.
Please just let me know if something's going on. I play to have fun, no drama.

Hit me up!!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Giant Squids,

Is it really that bad now? I was glancing around for a new server to dabble on. :c

Also, hi Ephie, lol.

Ohhaithar.

World Peace and Puppies,
--Eph
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Giant Squids,

05/20/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Drowe
Trade chat is stale, with the occasional fail troll whom everyone can't stand.

FOLD HOW WE MISS YOU!

World Peace and Puppies,
--Eph
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]