So just why did you pick a Druid?

90 Night Elf Druid
This druid was originally Moonshifter of Warsong (yes, that brazilian realm). She was about lvl 45 when patch 1.8 hit (the patch that introduced moonkin. Tree of Life didn't exist until 2.0).

I played a druid on the WoW open beta, but everyone told me it was underpowered, so my first char ended up being a hunter when the game went live. After hitting 60 and having difficulty getting a raid spot because of all the hunters back then, I rolled this druid because I had really enjoyed the class despite the underpoweredness and because I thought I would get a raid spot by playing a healer.

The only forms avaiable back then were cat and bear. Nothing else.
I enjoyed being able to participate in stealth runs in LBRS (3 rogues and 2 druids) for the dungeon set (tier 0 as we called it). I enjoyed that I had flexibility on my spec (restoration for main healer, dreamstate or feral for every other kind of heal - keep in mind that Heart of the Wild gave so much mana back then that I could outlast chain casting resto druids).

It's cool that you think being a druid is about shapeshifting, but I happen to disagree. The 'flavor' I see in my druid is the nature theme. My healing spells use nature magic and all their icons have something to do with a leaf (priests and paladins use holy, shaman wasn't available to alliance back then and I happen to dislike totems), my offensive spells are based on gifts of the Elune goddess and they also have the druidy feel. Besides, my druid speaks with nature itself, shamans just talk with the elements.
I'm not strong in melee combat, but I can turn into an animal if I happen to engage in close quarters combat (with the correct spec of course).

I'm not asking for the removal of moonkin form. Instead, I'm asking it to be made exactly as Tree of Life was. ToL enhances a druid's heals, so why is it that moonkin form just restricts a druid not in moonkin? Unlike bear and cat, a moonkin doesn't gain a new set of moves.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/01/2012 10:45 AMPosted by Savagemoon
I'm not asking for the removal of moonkin form. Instead, I'm asking it to be made exactly as Tree of Life was. ToL enhances a druid's heals, so why is it that moonkin form just restricts a druid not in moonkin? Unlike bear and cat, a moonkin doesn't gain a new set of moves.

Because they want healers to DPS (some). IE: that stupid talent so far in the Resto tree dealing with Wrath and Starfire, that no other spec can even take it. (And I don't know of any resto that does, unless they're just going into a low level dungeon for ponies, or maybe in PVP.)

They don't want DPS to heal (well). Taking away the form that locks you out of your healing spells and gives you your Moonkin buffs as baked into your spec (same going for S.Priest), means that you can do both better than they intend. One could say "But look at Ele Shaman!!". ./shrug - I don't play one, but they probably have their own lockouts. If not, then it's obvious that they're modeling S.Priests and Moonkin the same way, and balance Ele in other fashions.
Edited by Taswind on 3/1/2012 1:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/01/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Taswind

Because they want healers to DPS (some). IE: that stupid talent so far in the Resto tree dealing with Wrath and Starfire, that no other spec can even take it. (And I don't know of any resto that does, unless they're just going into a low level dungeon for ponies, or maybe in PVP.)

They don't want DPS to heal (well). Taking away the form that locks you out of your healing spells and gives you your Moonkin buffs as baked into your spec (same going for S.Priest), means that you can do both better than they intend. One could say "But look at Ele Shaman!!". ./shrug - I don't play one, but they probably have their own lockouts. If not, then it's obvious that they're modeling S.Priests and Moonkin the same way, and balance Ele in other fashions.

And if you look at the MoP talents, we won't heal well as balance druids. By choosing the balance spec, we'll only have access to Healing Touch and Rejuvenation. Regrowth, Nourish and Lifebloom will be restoration only. So you see, we no longer need moonkin form to reduce our healing, the balance spec already does that. Moonkin is therefore redundant...
I think moonkin would be perfect as the chosen of elune in the Incarnation talent.

Besides, it's really strange to hear Blizzard say we shouldn't heal while in a balance spec and then they design a talent such as Heart of the Wild (for MoP).
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
This was my first character at the beginning of BC. At the character creation screen I sat and thought for a while and this seemed like the most flexible class, being able to Melee, Cast and Heal.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I GOT TO BE A CAT. CATS ARE PRETTY COOL.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
03/01/2012 03:10 PMPosted by Dagglet

(☞゚∀゚)☞ I see what you did there. You're a dog person.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
03/01/2012 01:32 PMPosted by Savagemoon
Besides, it's really strange to hear Blizzard say we shouldn't heal while in a balance spec and then they design a talent such as Heart of the Wild (for MoP).
Being able to heal effectively once every 6 minutes and being able to heal effectively all the time are two different beasts.

And as for ele/enh shaman healing, while they have just about as powerful of heals as we do, its my understanding that they also oom very fast when casting them, while we don't. So although we lose DR and a GCD by shifting out to heal, we can heal for a long time, while in theory they can't
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I started at the beginning of Wotlk; I just wanted to play a druid because of the overall thought of shape-shifting. Personally, I don't like to just be one form (for example, being a mage you might not have many options for changing into something else without using a item). That's why I'm a druid.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
03/01/2012 03:13 PMPosted by Cyous

(☞゚∀゚)☞ I see what you did there. You're a dog person.

lolol. I LOVE DOGS BUT CURRENTLY CAN NOT HAVE ONE OF MY OWN (please someone get me a corgi) SO I MUST MAKE DO WITH THE CATS MY FAMILY HAS AROUND.

THEY ARE NICE OTHER THAN WHEN THEY ACTUALLY WANT TO CUDDLE AND I'M RAIDING.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Back when I was playing my hunter in vanilla I always saw Druid's running around in forms and thought they looked cool.

So when I came back to the game around mid-WotLK and had to decide what class to level this time and I saw shapeshifting in the druid's description it reminded me of that so I rolled one. I also was thinking that it would be more unique looks-wise until max level. While every class until they got decent gear was just wearing basically generic armor type I thought it would be cool to have an appearance that only druids had access to.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
Druids seemed cool for pvp >:D and were getting a fourth talent tree, thats some ultra bragging rights XD
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I rolled a warrior first at the end of vanilla wow. I started reading the War of the Ancients trilogy and really liked Malfurion Stormrage. At the time of BC I leveled my warrior up to 70 and was off-tanking Kara and getting pretty bored with melee at that time. A friend of mine started playing wow and was leveling a lock and I figured I would level with her using my druid. Once I got to level 40 I took moonkin form and loved everything about the spec and the overall utility of the class.

The combination of the books and the druid class quests was enough to put me over the edge. I was hooked now i have 4 or 5 alts, but i never really play them cause I am so committed to everything druid (Guardian of Cenarius, Anzu mount, elder...etc...). I prefer Booming over anything, but have found out how much we suck at PVP :(, so I may try kitty or heals in BG.
Edited by Aranis on 3/1/2012 6:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I loved the green leafy healing spells...and shape-shifting looked and seemed like such an interesting concept. That whole bit about being one with nature and whatnot sounded pretty fun too.

Since then, flight form has really sealed the deal. It's so much fun.

Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Alamo
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
This druid was rolled at the end of BC as a fun alt to play with friends on a PvP realm as a tank. I leveled it to 70 and then went back to my Hunter (main since vanilla) for Wrath. During Naxx my guild needed an extra healer in the 10man achievement run, I wanted to go and DPS spots were full so I leveled it and did the 10man run with them. When Uld rolled around I was asked to switch mains and offered the legendary, so now I am a Resto Druid.

My first druid though started like this....
Original druid would have been the one that I started as an alt in Vanilla when the guild was super low on druids. It was left in the mid 40s till Wrath when my brother wanted a Boomkin. He then took it on his account until he got bored around level 76. I took it back in Cata when I needed an herb/ore farmer and remember that he had already paid for epic flying and promptly leveled it with gathering only.

Main reason I rolled my first was because getting a new form every 10 levels made the whole leveling process less tedious, my other alt was a lock...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/28/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Tangedyn
I started playing a month after Vanilla release. Back then Druids were by far the worst class in the game. My 'friends' recommended that I played a druid since there were no druids around and I will get all the druid loot by default....

By 'friends' you meant the guild from EQ you hung out with, correct? ^_^
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
because being a bear= awesome
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I was starting the game, back in Classic, and liked the lore. I also liked that I could play in all roles without changing my character, so I could experiment more easily my first time around.

Set the toon aside at level 30, ended up bringing him back to level a bit in BC, and then mainswitched back to him in ICC because my guild needed a healer and I hated pally healing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]