Kindness over Recount in LFG

90 Human Death Knight
A cautionary tale:

Running my lvl 84 alt in LFG, we had an OP tank (not from Nazgrel) who was making the run of Stonecore very quick and very easy. Well, halfway through, the healer said "I might have to leave before the instance is over."

The so-far-silent tank said "Good."

"Dude, why the negativity?" I asked? His response was a series of diatribes about how the healer was terrible, and how I was terrible (which is quite true. I'm undergeared and am still learning the finer points of my spec), and so forth. His language was colorful and demeaning.

We voted to kick at the next opportunity. Reason: Bad Attitude. After the tank was gone, a dissenter said "Great, 20 minutes before we get to finish the instance" and left group. 20 seconds later, a new DPSer and tank came in and we happily began to finish Stonecore.

Morals of the story:
  • Blame placing and bad attitudes make the game no fun for others.
  • Don't let an entitled tank hold you hostage.
  • Before you kick that low-dpser, consider how much more fun it is to have a challenge with nice folks, than to have easy street with someone who sours the whole experience.

And if I can add another thought: When people are rude, it's hard not to be rude back. Do call them out, but choose your words carefully. I submit that "Why the negativity?" is more diplomatic and productive than "Shut up, idiot."

So, keep making Nazgrel a better place to play, with your thoughtfulness and kindness!
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
thank you for this.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Seems silly to prefer someone who is making the run take longer, when you could have the high dps and just put them on ignore.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
everyone has to learn, but why make others suffer in the process. if you suck just follow Cartman's advice eat penguin !@#$ and ...
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
This OP tank's attitude is exactly why I have yet to use the "looking for" function. I've been away from the game forevah, and am still getting used to things. Seems silly to have to put up with the abuse whilst I'm trying to navigate my way through the new (for me) mechanics. Thanks for the post.
Reply Quote
Healers slow me down.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
02/29/2012 09:03 PMPosted by Whithund
Healers slow me down.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
Then the tank re-qued, got an instant pop, and probably cleared his next instance before you finished yours because he wasn't carrying a bunch of scrubs.

Moral of the story: Shut up and L2play
Reply Quote
Ah, this thread is some classic Nazgrel.
1: Le overly optimistic noobling
2: Le meanspirited comments
3: Le harsh reality.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]