So I'm not buying MoP.....

90 Goblin Rogue
until patch 5.4 or whatever comes out. I'm not a realm or world first caliber player and the game has just grown so slow and stale for me. There is no point of slamming my head into a wall in a preformed group when I can just pug all the content at the end of the expansion and get the "story" and loot in one swoop.

Anyone share this sentiment?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
I can't fault you for yours, though I can't share it. I think MoP is going to offer a lot more than we've been show so far and I'm excited to be in on the ground floor of it.

Sure, most likely, what you're saying will be completely viable, but at least for me, where PvP is concerned, I want to be active in every season rather than just the last two like I've been with Huggy here.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
*shrug*

To each their own.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I'm buying it...
Reply Quote
I fully intend to purchase and play MoP from the start, I think it has a lot more to offer than what we expect. Blizzard is a great company. Sure, they make mistakes from time to time and things don't always work out as well as they'd (or we'd) like them to, but I think there's a lot going for MoP and I fully intend to participate in it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Nobody cares, you'll still buy it, etc

Can this thread die now?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
I'm horrid at pvp and there is no correcting that, some people can paint the Mona Lisa. I cannot. I accept it. I mean I understand some people will be the top teir, and get enjoyment from it. To those people I give a thumbs up and a pat on the back.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
02/29/2012 08:10 PMPosted by Griever
He said something bad (and true) about the game, quickly everyone at his throat !

Point me to a MMO where content in a raid DOES NOT become invalid with the next content patch? Just one, please. :)

Expansions have other features, not just raids.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
understandable.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
02/29/2012 08:12 PMPosted by Barathos

Wouldn't I still be experiencing all of it if I wait to purchase?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
02/29/2012 08:12 PMPosted by Barathos
He said something bad (and true) about the game, quickly everyone at his throat !

Point me to a MMO where content in a raid DOES NOT become invalid with the next content patch? Just one, please. :)

TBC.

you still had to go through each tier to get to the next one after black temple and Sunwell came out, instead of doing nothing for a year, gear up in heroics, skip all the content and hit endgame.
Reply Quote
43 Night Elf Hunter
until patch 5.4 or whatever comes out. I'm not a realm or world first caliber player and the game has just grown so slow and stale for me. There is no point of slamming my head into a wall in a preformed group when I can just pug all the content at the end of the expansion and get the "story" and loot in one swoop.

Anyone share this sentiment?

Its a valid point. There's really no reward or benefit to purchasing the expansion when it first comes out. In fact, as you've said there's actually more of a reward for being patient and waiting for a few patches. Think about it, within a few patches;

Gear that you've struggled to earn will be replaced with JP gear.

There will no doubt be quests added to later patches that makes that gear obsolete (holiday bosses for example)

All of the heroics and raids will have been nerfed.

People will generally be geared up by then so when you do start playing and queuing for LFG and LFR there's less likely to be constant wipes.

No competing against 100 other people for quest mobs

The economy will have stabilized a bit from the typical price gouging that comes when an expansion is first released.
Edited by Jawaka on 2/29/2012 8:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Perfectly understandable and will not jump you for it.
I personally can't wait for monks, but that's about it. Nothing else is oooh aaah for me besides that.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
24 (2 years)x15=$360

I'll take $360 any day of the week.
Reply Quote
95 Tauren Shaman
Okie doke. ^_^

Good luck, and have fun with your other hobbies in the meantime. ^_^

:: huggles ::
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Sounds like a solid plan to me.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Weeel. I am probably going to pre-order MoP and if possible get Collecters because i want the cute as panda pet
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]