Our Faction Is Dead (server is terrible)

85 Night Elf Priest
This is no surprise to the people on ally here, our faction has died. We are losing people constantly, and sorry blizz not just to cash cow transfers, but to other games now. During a peak time when you can /who and find only 38 level 85's on, something has got to give and soon!

There were 14 people in trade dist at 8pm server time... and a mere 60 pages 'total' On our auction house. We have 4 guilds raiding only, and to pug anything is impossible. Our economy is horrifying as well.

Not everyone whom has put the time and effort into their guild can afford to spend extra money just to follow their guild to another server, although many guilds have moved in the last few months, as well as players whom want to actually enjoy the aspects of the game that they have paid for on a monthly basis.

People are becoming bored and going to other games such as SWTOR because they are frustrated with having to dole out more money to go to another server to keep the game interesting. It should not be the consumers responsibility to spend money above and beyond monthly fees for a game to engage them, it should be a companies liability to maintain their clientele's happiness.

We would like to know blizzard, how long is this going to go on with Malorne? Most of our ally population would like to bump this...
Edited by Adorapriest on 3/1/2012 4:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yes i know exactly what you mean. This is a serious issue that needs to be dealt with.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Sounds like you all could use a free character move for alli only. From what I am seeing, it looks like a 3:1 Horde/Alli ratio on a lower pop server.

Here is one thing you could do: promote your server in the forums. Think of all the positives your community has to offer (less trolls? tighter-knit group?) and make some very compelling recruiting posts/videos/etc, not for your guild, but for your server.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Agreed. Malorne has gotten progressively more barren. Iv'e been on this server since vanilla days and swore Id never abandon ship, but the population ally side has just gotten to such a minimal level that I find it hard to find players to accomplish anything requiring more than myself to complete.

Its quite saddening really. Horde faction seems to be fairing much better, though as a whole the server is just in its death throws, so it seems.

I'm not sure what the best solution to this problem is. Perhaps a merge with another server, opening up free ally transfers, or just giving all Malorne folk free transfers off this sinking ship and closing it. Either way, its gotten pretty pathetic to be on this server. They cant just be waiting for us all to cough up money to leave, can they?

So yea /signed, bumped, and all that.
Reply Quote
BUMP... FIX IT BLIZ
Reply Quote
60 Blood Elf Hunter
I totally hear you, Andora. My own server, Blade's Edge, is just like yours. Our AH and economy is horrible, it's virtually impossible to pug anything, and the only surefire way to get into a raid is to be in a raiding guild, otherwise you won't EVER raid. The whole overworld is virtually a ghost town save for Org or SW, and even then there's harldy more than 60-ish people there. And it's also impossible to do really low lvl quests with anyone because there are no other lowbies to play with since virtually everyone on the realm is capped or higher lvl.

I've decided that I'm going to go to another realm, so i'm making alts on several realms to scope them out and see if they'd be any better. I'll be deleting all of my lower lvl toons and let my remaining higher lvl ones stay there until I have the funds to transfer them to the new realm I choose.

It's truly unacceptable that Blizzard is doing nothing to fix the problems of the lower pop realms by merging them. YES, I've read other threads like this, and I KNOW the problems that will arise, but they CAN be solved. I'm TIRED of having almost no one to play with, and it's really hard for me to do anything with a new toon with my RL friends because their toons r capped or at a lot higher lvl.

Blade's Edge was the realm I started playing on when I started playing WoW, but now that I've been there a couple of years, it's doing nothing for me. I hate to leave the realm where my RL friends and I play, but I have to leave in order to have a more social experience.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Sadly, they aren't going to do anything until MoP. But expect them to try and correct it once it launches. Of that I have no doubt.

They don't want to give the impression that the game is dying right before they release an xpac. I know, it's BS to allow their players to languish on dead servers but money is more important to them nowadays.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
You can't blame blizzard for population problems on your realm, the players control that, not Blizzard.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
I totally hear you, Andora. My own server, Blade's Edge, is just like yours. Our AH and economy is horrible, it's virtually impossible to pug anything, and the only surefire way to get into a raid is to be in a raiding guild, otherwise you won't EVER raid. The whole overworld is virtually a ghost town save for Org or SW, and even then there's harldy more than 60-ish people there. And it's also impossible to do really low lvl quests with anyone because there are no other lowbies to play with since virtually everyone on the realm is capped or higher lvl.

I've decided that I'm going to go to another realm, so i'm making alts on several realms to scope them out and see if they'd be any better. I'll be deleting all of my lower lvl toons and let my remaining higher lvl ones stay there until I have the funds to transfer them to the new realm I choose.

It's truly unacceptable that Blizzard is doing nothing to fix the problems of the lower pop realms by merging them. YES, I've read other threads like this, and I KNOW the problems that will arise, but they CAN be solved. I'm TIRED of having almost no one to play with, and it's really hard for me to do anything with a new toon with my RL friends because their toons r capped or at a lot higher lvl.

Blade's Edge was the realm I started playing on when I started playing WoW, but now that I've been there a couple of years, it's doing nothing for me. I hate to leave the realm where my RL friends and I play, but I have to leave in order to have a more social experience.

I agree with everything you have said. I find it very hard to pick up and leave a server that I have acquired friends on from as far back as Vanilla. Not to mention, I believe part of the problem is in fact leaving; I like to see myself as part of the solution rather than the problem, and dont like to bail ship.

I am also a GL of a guild and have some of the greatest people in it that dont see transfers as a reality for them, as well picking up and moving a guild out from under them seems shady to me, as they have all helped build it.

I am hoping blizz will merge two servers I suppose, I wouldnt even mind if ours was the one shut down. I hope I can get some Malorne horde factions opinions as well on here :)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
03/01/2012 03:45 PMPosted by Grinaghim
You can't blame blizzard for population problems on your realm, the players control that, not Blizzard.

They have offered free transfers in the past from high pop servers to low pop ones, and yes it can lighten the load on one and balance the other. Absolutely I can hold them accountable to remedy this as they have in the past.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
If you reread in clarity, we are not 'blaming' blizz for the low pop, we are asking for a fix, much like they have done in the past with low pop / high pop servers.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Sounds like you all could use a free character move for alli only. From what I am seeing, it looks like a 3:1 Horde/Alli ratio on a lower pop server.
Here is one thing you could do: promote your server in the forums. Think of all the positives your community has to offer (less trolls? tighter-knit group?) and make some very compelling recruiting posts/videos/etc, not for your guild, but for your server.

That is some very positive feedback and a great idea, thank you :)
Reply Quote
Sort of want to try leveling an Alliance character there now to..try and help, this is sad :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Agree, Malorne server on ally side pretty much dead. Blizz, a realm merger would be greatly appreciated.
Reply Quote
Chogall alliance says hi.

accoring to wowprogress

1 horde to .04 alliance
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
The same problem exists for ally on Illidan.

Last time I checked the total amount of horde players to ally players online at one time was.

46,747 horde to 1100 alliance.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]