Hunter vs Rogue vs Warlock in PVP?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Which class is funner to play in PVP?
Which is better?
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Too soon to tell.

Warlocks look good with all the changes that they're supposed to get but like the soul burn system and soul swap this expansion, affliction, my preferred spec of choice on my lock is quite frustrating and not fun to play.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
After playing a Warlock, Rogue, Warrior, Paladin, Priest, Death Knight and Mage I keep coming back to my warlock for the sheer joy of the playstyle in both PvE and PvP.
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Hunter
Try all three classes up to level 20 in BGs. Fun to me I'd have to say hunter and mage but that's just an opinion.

Out of the three rogues and locks are strongest just comes down to weather you prefer melee vs ranged. But it's odd because I love playing with rogues but hate playing on my rogue.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Certainly not Hunters

Certainly not Hunters

to answer both questions
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Which class is funner to play in PVP?
Which is better?

Really personal preference. However lock PvP specs are generally thought to be "boring" amongst the lock community even with how powerful they are. Very strong, but you'll probably find yourself yawning outside of cutting edge 3v3.

Hunter community is pretty much in consensus that the class is tons of fun when it works. However it's also well known as the buggiest class with the largest number of QoL issues that will likely make you want to punch a kitten every now and again.

Rogue community seems pretty happy with current rogue state for those who like the Subtlety tree. Lot of cool tools, very very strong in pvp atm, can pretty much play with any class, and there's a lot of reward. Still has a couple QoL issues, but generally WoW has done a good job in making almost every rogue ability very strong and very reliable.

As for going into Panda it's too early to say like Mezasu said. However if you're the type that likes to play the numbers game and go by odds, Rogues and Warlocks have historically never had a bad season of PvP. Even in seasons they were lacking, they still had very very strong comps or were hotfixed/buffed very quickly to compensate. Hunters have this kind of roller coaster thing going on where they're either strong/wanted or garbage/unwanted and fluxuate constantly between seasons and sometimes even during a single season.
Edited by Phaelle on 3/3/2012 5:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Rogues are pretty fun. You are rewarded (way too much, in my opinion) for tunneling damage, but there's also quite a bit you can do with the class.

Warlocks are beasts, but unfortunately affliction really only appeals to a few weirdos like myself.

Hunters seem like they might have their moments of fun, but overall they just look like a clunk nightmare. And I hate pets. And I'd feel like I needed 23048230498203948 keybinds to be effective. You can pull off some crazy maneuvers with them, though.

Historically, like Phaelle said, warlocks have never been bad- in fact, they've been the strongest caster every season, usually by a fairly decent margin. Rogues are also a good bet for the same reason.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
in my opinon it's frost mage or if u want a melee go blood dk or rogue
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
OLN
scattershot+feign death is unbeatable in PvP
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
03/04/2012 03:21 AMPosted by Zyka
scattershot+feign death is unbeatable in PvP

Kind of like Kidney Shot + Dismantle?
Reply Quote
On a scale of 10 , comparing the best one with a 10 and the other two in relation to it would look something like this.

Rogue 10.
Warlock 0.46
Hunter 0.27

ok so i'm slightly trolling here but yeah. Rogue>warlock by a lot. And then locks are still a bit better than hunters.
Edited by Tigidou on 3/5/2012 11:00 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]