Your FIRST Purple World Drop

This only applies to those of you who have gotten Purple World Drops. Not raid items, not Justice/Valor Point gear. But WORLD drops! What was it? Do you still own it? How did you get it?

Mine still comes to mind and brings a smile to my face. This was back just before BC came out, I had just hit level 40 and upgraded to mail armor. I was running around the Badlands and came across the dragons in that area to the eastern quarry. I actually managed to kill one and it dropped my first Purple ever. I'd never even SEEN one before, and looking back I fondly remember the hideousness of my Icemail Jerkin but at the same time it was completely awesome. I wore that for many levels after that I think I finally surrendered it like mid 50's. I don't have it anymore, I miss it, it'll always be a good memory.

And you know what's even SCARIER? My eyes popped out of my head when I saw the item ID I looked up 1981... that was the year I was born.
90 Human Paladin
First epic for me was Ring of Saviors. Got it off of a Buzzard in Blasted Lands in Vanilla.

02/17/2012 10:31 AMPosted by Sleepings
Why does it matter?

General forum is for general discussion, why do you care?
Edited by Paladinchaz on 2/17/2012 10:32 AM PST
02/17/2012 10:31 AMPosted by Sleepings
Why does it matter?

Because it's fun... and it's a break from all the trolling threads on the forum. Fond memories, my dear you can has them too.
85 Undead Death Knight
Freezing Band

Got it in Swamp of Sorrows... was on my Rogue at the time, and the Int made me so very sad.

I *almost* equipped it anyway for the sheer awesome proc, but ended up giving it away to a Mage friend because I was too lazy to sell it.

*shrug*
90 Dwarf Warlock
It was a bow off the Banshees in WPL.

I got it two drops after I got a pair of shoulders. I sold both to make money for my dreadsteed.

Edit: the bow was Hurricane
Edited by Awkward on 2/17/2012 10:37 AM PST
85 Gnome Mage
My first purple drop, at least on this toon was this Blade of Eternal Darkness

I still have it in my bank.
Edited by Miniegg on 2/17/2012 10:36 AM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
Oh gosh, Underworld Band. I was leveling with my friend in Felwood, killing the furblogs up north. Then that dropped, my friend and I were both surprised at it, though she won the roll.
Though, we were still so happy to see that drop. We never saw an epic before that, at least world drop. But, she was happy because she got an upgrade (she played a lock), I was pretty sad, sense I played a priest, it could of been an upgrade for both of us.

Kind of sucks that rings aren't shown :P
90 Troll Hunter
Myrmidon's Signet

Yep, I put it on.
85 Night Elf Priest
Staff of Jordan
90 Human Death Knight
Some trinket while farming ogres in Dire Maul on my mage. I was like OMG that is 500 gold!!.

Lifestone
85 Goblin Rogue
For me it was the sword Destiny.
First epic for me was Ring of Saviors. Got it off of a Buzzard in Blasted Lands in Vanilla.

Ring of Saviors was also my first epic ever, which I found on my warrior in Tanaris... 2005. Holy eff I've been playing this game a long time...
85 Human Warlock
Dazzling Longsword

I remember it dropped off of the dragons in Drywhisper Gulch in the Badlands while I was killing dragons.

That sucker got AH'd right quick when I realized that I could get a giant (at the time) chunk of gold for it.
Edited by Fionessane on 2/17/2012 10:40 AM PST
It was a The Ancient Scepter of Sue-Min, which dropped off a fel orc in Shadowmoon Valley, during one of the QD dailies. Had it chanted and gave it to a friend.
90 Worgen Warrior
Also an Icemail Jerkin, I think I sold it for 400g when that was still a fair bit of gold. It had spirit on it at the time - agility mail with spirit and frost resist... useful!
85 Blood Elf Mage
I got some random purple drop towards the end of WotLK and I looked and saw it was worth about the crystal so I said "Might as well DE it for myself" DEed it.

Yup I care that little about it :p Although my pally is using world drop purple boots in Cata, forgot the name though.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Destiny

And I tried to sell it for 3k
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]