Your FIRST Purple World Drop

87 Human Paladin
Hammer of the Northern Wind won it in a 5-man dire maul oh say 6 years ago.

First sole drop was a glowing brightwood staff. Sold it to buy a battered hilt for a friend.

66 Tauren Druid
The Green Tower dropped when I was leveling my first toon and at level 38. I was so nervous to put it on that I was lvl 65 before I knew it and ended up selling it to a twink. Sad times.
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Questing on my very first toon in Burning Steppes Glowing Brightwood Staff dropped off of a random mob that I wouldn't have even attacked but it dismounted me as I rode by.

When it dropped I posted it in guild chat and they went absolutely nuts.

I was playing a pally at the time but carried it around in my bags for two weeks before selling it to a guildie.
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Jeweled Amulet of Cainwyn in Scholomance, I think... early 2005

At the time I was so excited to have a purple.
My first was either Staff of Jordan that I found on my hunter and gave to my shaman, or The Green Tower - I don't remember who I found that on, but it was in STV from a venture co. goblin. I sold the shield for 200g

Over the years I've also found Eye of Flame while questing on my paladin - sold for 100g (years later while leveling a priest, I bought it on the ah for 3g :) ) and Robes of Insight on my mage while questing in tanaris from a mob that doesn't exist anymore, I equiped that right away and bragged about it in guild chat.
85 Human Mage
Some tanking shoulders during Wrath. By the time I got them it was after ToC came out so they where not that great. But I was still able to sell them for around 1500G which put my toon at the time over the amount needed for duelspec at the time.
90 Dwarf Warlock
02/17/2012 10:47 AMPosted by Ackenlore
Some tanking shoulders during Wrath. By the time I got them it was after ToC came out so they where not that great. But I was still able to sell them for around 1500G which put my toon at the time over the amount needed for duelspec at the time.

I know the ones.

I was after them for ages since the ToC 5 man shoulders refused to drop.
90 Human Warlock
Hmmm...

You know, I can't really remember.

I've gotten quite a few but I forget what my first one was.

Other than some staff that dropped off a trash mob in Strat...
The Night Blade dropped while I was running Steamvaults with a few friends. I won the roll. AH'd it soon after. :3 That dagger sure is purrrrdy though.

I forgot about that one, I got that on my rogue from a junkbox I pickpocketed from a sketis while doing the skyguard dailies back in BC. It still sits in her bank to this day :)
90 Night Elf Druid
Destiny seems to be a popular drop.

But I didn't get my first world purple world drop until after Cata... got it while lvling my hunter in the new swamp zone south of the Dark Portal.

7 years to get a world purple drop.. lol
Edited by Frostbringer on 2/17/2012 10:53 AM PST
80 Human Rogue
Sul'thraze the Lasher both one handed swords dropped in the same run while running the dungeon on my paladin. My party members were pissed that they let me have the first half that they almost stole the second half. I can't explain how excited I was. I still have the sword in my bank.
85 Human Priest
does Super Simian Sphere count? that was the first world drop epic i won!
Edited by Tsilyi on 2/17/2012 10:59 AM PST
85 Blood Elf Hunter
My first epic drop was Flurry Axe. I got it from some ogres in Tanaris, on this Hunter (then, a Night Elf Huntress named Aquaris). Utterly useless, but I was happy to sell it for a little over 200 gold. I remember wishing I was a warrior so I could use my 'Canadian Axe'. D:
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Blackskull Shield

Dropped in Azshara for my warrior during vanilla. Unfortunately, he was past the level of use for it. >.<
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/17/2012 10:31 AMPosted by Sleepings
Why does it matter?

Why post? People like you are so frustrating. Nice guild name BTW.

As far as my first Purple World drop (and only) I cannot remember what it was but I do remember it dropping in the Plaguelands area. Up by Stratholme. It was on my warrior, but the gear I happen to have was better. It was still really cool though.
Edited by Jåina on 2/17/2012 11:05 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]