Frostmourne in WoW Armory

Been away for about a year, and just happened to hear from a friend that the frostmourne is in wow armory inventory...

So looked into it and also ashbringer, and shard of the defiler a legendary dagger with no stats other than swing time and dps.

if anyone knows about this or why this is...please feel free to spam me with useless name calling and etc.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Because of reasons.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
You're confused why in-game items would be listed by a site that tracks in-game items?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
02/17/2012 01:33 PMPosted by Soliria
You're confused why in-game items would be listed by a site that tracks in-game items?

I think he's more confused about why items that are and have always been unobtainable are able to be viewed on the armory.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
maybe we'll get lucky and transmog options will be available for them at some point
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
02/17/2012 01:34 PMPosted by Novalas

I think he's more confused about why items that are and have always been unobtainable are able to be viewed on the armory.

Are you saying I can try on gear in the armory?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
02/17/2012 01:32 PMPosted by Azthuno
Because of reasons.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
http://www.wowhead.com/item=36942

Frostmourne
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
http://www.wowhead.com/item=36942

Frostmourne

Oh, I get it. THAT IS SO WEIRD
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
I've seen Frostmourne being linked in Trade lately as a gold-colored item. Since it isn't an heirloom item, I'm assuming it's data left over from when gold items were planned to be artifacts, a level above Legendaries. The stats aren't very impressive, but the item model shows up in the Dressing Room window when you Ctrl-Right Click on it.

GM items are also gold-colored, I hear, but are not under any circumstances to be in the hands of players.

Lore-wise, anyone holding Frostmourne is going to be immediately corrupted and become the new Lich King, a position currently held by Bolvar Fordragon. As a result, I don't see the item coming into the game at any point in the near future.

Which just makes me all the more curious how its files are still in the game, and how those files even have an attached weapon model for the Dressing Room.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
actually the sword doesnt make you the lich king, the helm and armor does because that's what contains the original lich king. the sword is evil, just not immidiate LK evil.

bolvar just has the helm, the shattered sword is actually in dal
Edited by Cadenreigns on 2/17/2012 7:22 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]