[A]Gladius De Deus (GdD) is always recruiting

100 Human Rogue
We are a casual raiding guild. Our "casual" is defined by a relaxed family-oriented guild and raiding environment where it is rare for us to "call people out". But inversely we place a large amount of responsibly on the individual raider.We promote members based upon 3 attributes: "Meter Mastery", Dancing, and Attendance. We work with our members to maximize their "Meter Mastery"; which we define as:
  • damage done & DPS for damage dealers
  • healing done and HPS for healers
  • survivability for tanks
  • Dancing is simply not dying to the mechanics and attendance is making raids every week.

In Dragon Soul we are 8/8 in both 10man and 25man; and while we are looking at poking Heroic Morchok, heroic modes are not something we are going to spend hours and hours upon. We often return to older raids and perform full clears including heroic modes. A few raids we clear frequently to are Ulduar25, ICC25 as well as BT & SWP, usually for shots at the legendary's.

We are a fairly large guild founded on Jan 1, 2007 with 247 accounts. many of these accounts are inactive and are people that we've considered our friends. We usually do not remove people from guild for being offline too long, we simply demote them. Our Officer core is a tight-knit group of 9 people, that have come to enjoy the casual atmosphere that we provide. These 9 people are not a "10man group" as there is only 1 tank and an improper balance of classes. There is no "glass ceiling" for senior raiders as we have had ~15 officers in the past.

Our raid times are 6:45-10:00 PM Server time. We use fractional, capped DKP which everyone likes and prefers. If you are interested please read our rules at www.gladiusdedeus.com, where you can also fill out an application. If you need further information, you can contact Vargen or Leibowitz in game.

Thank you.
    Edited by Vargen on 2/17/2012 2:54 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Hunter
    Well, let me ask you this. I know there are a lot of guilds on this server that are very hard to get into unless you can raid. I have been playing for a long time and have found it hard as of late to get involved in a large healthy guild as yours. Due to change of work schedule i cannot raid near as often as i like, but i still want the feeling of a large very active guild as yours. I would love to find a home for my 4 main toons and get out of the LFR every now and then and also run a lot of the older content. Do you guys have spots for folks like me? I do understand that spots fill quickly and folks that raid on a 80% to 100% basis get the priority, but is against your guild policy to recruit folks that are a " Raid when we can" people. Because i find it hard to ask for an invite to any large healthy guild like yours, because most want only full time raiders. I guess what i am really asking, is do you guys recruit active casual players that might not be able to raid those times all the time but would sometimes get in on some DS or older raids from time to time? To me that is what casual is, and how i have to be now......casual.
    Reply Quote
    100 Human Rogue
    We have a fair number of members that are non-raiders. We also have some senior raiders (based upon meter-mastery and dancing skills), that can barely make one raid a week.

When we do invites they are done top-down based upon ranks, getting the best of any quality players that are online. In many cases we take some of our non-raiders, simply because we prefer not to pug.

The benefits of a large, casual guild are that we are casual, however this might mean that not everyone gets into every raid. In fact one of the "trials" we sometimes put a new member through is a non-invite to see if they ragequit. Sometimes people do. They evidently weren't casual enough for us.
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Hunter
    Something i left out was do you guys recruit people for numbers, that contribute in others way? Folks that are active and want to be apart of a large guild that is active? My situation is now that it is hard for me to raid much as i would like if any some weeks but want to be apart of a guild like yours, as you describe, because i like being apart of a family type thing where questions can be asked and answered without the fear of trolling. I noticed geldorff is apart of your guild, i raided with him in Offtime under the name "War". he was an outstanding person. I guess what i am asking now is can i just be apart of your guild, i have 4 very active toons i need a good home for that is a relaxed place to play the game and raid , when i can? Feel free to check out any of my toons listed. I would be happy to fill an application to answer any and all questions if need be.

Thanks- Ghòst

Purah- Frost DK (DW)
    SÅmcro-Blanace/feral Drood
    Dëmondog- Destro/demon Lock
    Reply Quote
    100 Human Rogue
    We usually ask for an application at www.gladiusdedeus.com just to get a feel for you and your style, however, feel free to send any Officer ingame a whisper for an invite.
    Reply Quote
    100 Dwarf Priest
    In Gdd raiding is not mandatory,being absent will not earn you a gkick.If you can only come once in a while,thats fine. Some of our members don t raid at all.And yes,your alts are welcome too !
    Reply Quote
    100 Draenei Warrior
    I need to look up these server posts more often.

Going to throw in my 2 cents for this guild. As one of it's members and former officer as well as a person who have seen this guild change over its time from BC to it's current state. GDD has been a very stable guild when it comes to doing 25 man raids and only break into 10 mans when we are just shy and short of a few.

Reply Quote
    90 Draenei Priest
    You say you have a lot of inactive people. Is guild chat still active? I think the biggest problem I have is being part of a group but still feeling alone because no one talks.
    Reply Quote
    100 Draenei Warrior
    Hmm, guild chat can be kind of active. Not everyone talks but that should be said aout almost any guild these days. When it's active it is active. We don't force people to chat, if we did, our keyboards would have to be replaced on a daily basis.

As for inactive, we have many people who either don't play anymore too they log in for short periods. Our biggest uptimes can be considered closer to raid times but again it varries if people talk or not. We all have lives so that also factors in for us. We still have an active core of players, but again it varries on some days.
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Hunter
    BUMP for awesome folks
    Reply Quote
    Bump
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Warlock
    Hey dudes, just wondering if you guys are still recruiting? I filled out an app a few days ago on your website and haven't heard anything yet... Thanks!
    Reply Quote
    100 Dwarf Priest
    Message me or Vargen in game.in game.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Warlock
    Awesome, thanks!
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Hunter
    Bump
    Reply Quote
    85 Human Death Knight
    Bump
    Reply Quote
    85 Human Warlock
    I know this guild from somewhere, who was the original GM and such?
    Reply Quote
    90 Draenei Shaman
    Bump
    Reply Quote
    100 Draenei Warrior
    @Xcentrick

I belive the orginal guild leader was Stryder ( I belive he was it when I first joined) The guild has been around since early TBC.
    Reply Quote
    85 Night Elf Druid
    Bump
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]