Real jobs

90 Dwarf Rogue
So? What's it take for a "real job?"

Company 1: I've been with my company for 11 months. I went from level 1 tech to level 2 tech in 8 of those months. Unheard of in this company. Chances to move from bottom to top. Trash pay as is.

Company 2: I've interviewed for, I pretty much have the job, 3 dollars more an hour, pays tuition reimbursement, has extensive training materials available and pays for certs.

So I'm looking at ...
1) Lower pay, chances to move up if you show promise/skill, chances to move up from 10 bucks an hour to 30 bucks an hour as long as you prove your worth, high stress... possibly being a couple years too see an outcome

2) better pay, doing similiar help desk work (albeit level 1), scheduled annual raises, little stress, large library of training materials and company paid tuition/certs.

Don't know where to go.
I have a chance to move up in growing company who DOES move people up.. and generally teach them..

Versus a company who doesn't really move up.. but offers tons of learning opportunities with a higher general pay.

I've been on this server 5 years, so 5 year thoughts and considerations would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
door number 2, low stress and better pay.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Which one will make YOU happier?

Choose that one.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]