Sponsored by <Guardians of the Light>
With Iron Man challenges being all the rage recently, <Guardians of the Light> want to use this opportunity to attract more players to The Venture Co realm, as well as reward the loyal members of our fantastic server.
The standard Iron Man challenge is to level from 1 to 85 without the use of stat enhancing items, talents, or help from others. And do it without dying, not even once. It's just you, your skill, and your instinct for survival.
We want to take it one step further and challenge everyone, Horde and Alliance, to level a character from level 1 to level 85 using the Iron Man Challenge rules, AND do it all on the Venture Co server. There is no limit on the number of attempts you can make for this challenge, so sign up and race your fellow competitors to victory!
Grand Prize: 102,000 Gold
Congeniality Prize: 40,000 Gold
Iron Man Elite Rules
To qualify for the Grand Prize, a competing character must abide by the following rules:
- 1) Equip only White or grey quality items. No stat enhancing items allowed. This includes heirloom gear and uncommon items without stats.
- 2) Any type of buff or enhancement outside of your character's personal class buffs are prohibited. This includes food, scrolls, elixirs, potions, or flasks. Exceptions are made for any such item required to complete a quest. Mana and health pots are not permitted; bandages and non-buffing food are permitted.
- 3) Equipment enhancers such as armor kits, enchants, gems, leg armor, spellthread, arcanums or inscriptions are prohibited. Rogue poisons and Shaman weapon enchantments are allowed since they are considered class-specific buffs.
- 4) The character shall remain without a specialization, refrain from learning glyphs and leave talent points unused. This also applies to pet talent points. General class abilities and spells may be learned.
- 5) Only classic classes are allowed to participate. No Death Knights are permitted to compete.
- 6) No primary or secondary professions are allowed except First Aid.
- 7) Assistance from other players or characters is strictly prohibited. This includes grouping with other players; participating in battlegrounds, arenas, raids, or dungeons; allowing others to place buffs upon your character; permitting other players to aid you in killing mobs; or otherwise cooperating with other players to increase your chance of survival or speed your leveling. Guild membership is also not permitted. Recruit-a-friend and Scroll of Resurrection leveling perks are prohibited.
- 8) Any death due to environmental causes, (such as falling, drowning, fatigue, or the murderous intent of non-player characters) will result in the disqualification of the character from the entire Challenge. Death from damage dealt by another player results in removal from the Grand Prize, but the character may continue to level for the Congeniality Prize. Upon reaching 85, the character must continue to adhere to the rules until winning status can be confirmed.
- 9) Any competing character must be created on the Venture Co realm AFTER the start of the Challenge. They then must post a reply to this thread the same day, announcing its choice to participate in the challenge and the player's agreement to follow the posted rules. They may copy-paste the following:
"I here by understand and agree to abide by the rules of the VeCo Iron Man Elite Challenge. I understand that any violation of these rules will result in the disqualification of my character from the Challenge, and multiple violations will result in my forfeiture of all participation."
- 10) Violation of these rules following the agreement by the competing character will result in disqualification of the character in both Challenges. Unaltered screenshots or video recording of prohibited activities will be accepted as proof of a violation after review by an Observer. Players who earn two character disqualifications due to violations other than PvE related death will be banned from further participation in the Challenge.
So a player killer put you out of the running for the Grand Prize but you don't want to start over? Fear not, you can still win the Congeniality Prize! To qualify, the character must:
- Have a minimum of one recorded player vs player death in their character statistics page.
- Refrain from acquiring any non-PvP deaths.
- Continue to adhere to all other Challenge rules.
The following are community members that have contributed at least 1,000 gold towards the Prizes of the Challenge.