The VeCo Iron Man Elite Challenge

Wow this is probably the biggest challenge i've ever seen. My hats off to you for even trying. I just cant imagine not having my wonderful Boas and 100 health to chest and crusader on my weapon. lol I will be a fan to all who try. Goodluck all!!! Hail Veco Server!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
The Most Dangerous Game: Venture Co.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Hey im thinking on doing this challenge but i mostly play in the early hours? am i not allowed to play him if i dont have someone to observe or how does it work with them exactly
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Transfer back to veco and fry my brain lvling a noob to lvl 85 or stay on my current server and make 100k easy off the AH hmmmm it's a tough decision
Reply Quote
If I would be paid for my time and services, I can volunteer observing.

Preferably observing Alliance side, so I can still go about my guild responsibilities.
Reply Quote
02/25/2012 09:49 AMPosted by Goetia
Hey im thinking on doing this challenge but i mostly play in the early hours? am i not allowed to play him if i dont have someone to observe or how does it work with them exactly

There are no restrictions on when or how often you play your contestant.

Preferably observing Alliance side, so I can still go about my guild responsibilities.

Observer is a volunteer position. There is no compensation other than the satisfaction of helping out the community.
Reply Quote

Really?
Reply Quote
62 Night Elf Hunter
02/20/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Scolly
World of Griefcraft inc

So just don't compete, why do you have to make a post of the most obvious part of the challenge??

/sheesh

Reply Quote
62 Night Elf Hunter

Ummm...those two words are mutually exclusive.

/facepalm

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I am offering a 10k gold additional prize for the first member of the Horde who finishes the Iron Man competition according to the rules within the original post. No deaths in any manner, caused by another player or otherwise.

If the first person to complete the challenge is a Horde race they will earn 111k gold, 101k from the grand prize, and 10k from me. If a member of the Alliance claims the grand prize, I encourage members of the Horde to continue towards level 85 to claim the Horde prize.

Good luck, and remember -

FOR THE HORDE!

Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Ironmanshamy horde orc shammy FOR THE HORDE! Time to shut up and put up.
Reply Quote
54 Dwarf Warlock
I'm assuming the 12:01 start time is server time?

What time zone is Venture company?

Prolly gonna throw a toon at this and see how it goes; not big on pvp but pvp skill isn't really gonna matter for a competitor so this might be fun.
Reply Quote
54 Dwarf Warlock
One more for clarification: You want the post here at level one or is it ok to wait till lvl10 so there's an armory for verification?

Sorry about the questions(as someone who has been part of the Ironman Challenge pretty much since the beginning I know how constant questions can get annoying), but didn't see these addressed in the FAQ.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Just made a character, its name is: "Renaissance". I'll be on later today, can't wait to get this started.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
02/27/2012 01:36 AMPosted by Zharironfist

The Venture Co is Pacific time.
Reply Quote
I'm assuming the 12:01 start time is server time?

Prolly gonna throw a toon at this and see how it goes; not big on pvp but pvp skill isn't really gonna matter for a competitor so this might be fun.

One more for clarification: You want the post here at level one or is it ok to wait till lvl10 so there's an armory for verification?

Sorry about the questions(as someone who has been part of the Ironman Challenge pretty much since the beginning I know how constant questions can get annoying), but didn't see these addressed in the FAQ.

Yes, you are correct. So the start time will be after midnight tonight, PACIFIC time. That's 3am for the east coasters. I'm rather expecting most people to start after the maintenance, but kudos to those die-hards who aren't going to let an opportunity pass them up.

You should post as your contestant character the same day you make it, but you are correct that they can't be armory tracked until lvl 10. I recommend just doing it as soon as you roll the toon, so you can get it out of the way and you don't have to worry about remembering to do it later.
Reply Quote
62 Night Elf Hunter
I already play VeCo, and I'm a confirmed altoholic, so I'm gonna give this a shot.

Only question I have is; Are we allowed to use the AH to buy bags and sell random drops (edit out my stupidity of wanting to auction quest rewards! lol), or are we restricted to vendor only activities?

See you after midnight with my new toon!
Edited by Wyldechylde on 2/27/2012 1:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Scenario:

Player A says, "I'm in." Follows all the rules, no problems.

Some faction homies, without Player A's knowledge or consent follow him/her around (grouped or otherwise). They don't interfere or interact in any way... but, they're there to "body block" anyone attempting to gank him.

What can Observers do? How can this be handled?

It's not harassment of the Player A toon and it's only PvP conflict for everyone else. Even if Player A becomes aware of it, he can't do anything about it. They're not reportable for "harassment" as they're not bothering or interfering with him at all. They're there to "protect" him from interference by others.

I don't know whether anything like this could affect the "legitimacy" of an "Ironman" challenge on this server or any other, but it sure might start the damndest faction war this game has seen since Wrath came out!

It could also cast a serious pall on prize claims. How can you tell whether something like this wasn't set up in advance?

Just my 2c
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Hi
Edited by Orson on 5/18/2013 6:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
@Aberzombie: I think it is going to be pretty tough for any group (no matter how large) to prevent an 85 from one-shotting a lowbie in whites and greys if the 85 really wants to kill him. BOOM! HEADSHOT! And done.

On the contrary, a crowd like the one you're mentioning might make the lowbie more conspicuous to the hunters looking to kill him. I would go as far as to say that it would be in the challenger's best interest to log off until they're gone so they don't draw more attention to him and the area he's attempting to inconspicuously level in.

I personally find it more enjoyable to kill lower levels if they are the type to have a personal bodyguard. So I agree with this entirely. :D

However, yeah, I was wondering that myself, since the rules specifically state no outside help, so was wondering if all it'd take is a screenshot of someone having said 85s about... If so, kind of easy to grief same faction too.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]