The VeCo Iron Man Elite Challenge

6 Blood Elf Rogue
Hmmm...well, it looks like I'm going to cause problems right from the git-go.

I had rolled this character on Ally side, but haven't even really started her. I really liked the name, but wanted to go Horde, so I deleted THIS version of Powdered, and rerolled her as a Blood Elf Rogue. She's not showing in the Armory yet as her Horde self, so...

I'm hoping this will update in a couple days, if not I'll have to figure out what to do. I really like this name.

:-(

Anyway, as per the rules, here's my entry:

"I here by understand and agree to abide by the rules of the VeCo Iron Man Elite Challenge. I understand that any violation of these rules will result in the disqualification of my character from the Challenge, and multiple violations will result in my forfeiture of all participation."

Ahh haaa....here she is!

Ok, officially in on this version of Powdered!!

"I here by understand and agree to abide by the rules of the VeCo Iron Man Elite Challenge. I understand that any violation of these rules will result in the disqualification of my character from the Challenge, and multiple violations will result in my forfeiture of all participation."

Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
hmm, how long does it take before our characters can post? Mine isn´t on my list yet.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I am having the same issue Adrena, I get the feeling we have to log onto the character before it can be seen on forums.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
02/28/2012 10:19 AMPosted by Adrena
hmm, how long does it take before our characters can post? Mine isn´t on my list yet.
For anyone whose toon ends up on the http://wowironman.com/ tracking website, a reminder:

It uses the Armory for its data, so your character will not show until level 10.
Reply Quote
15 Worgen Druid

Woot. I am in. Follow my progress at http://ironman-vc.blogspot.com/
Reply Quote
It is true that toons will not appear until lvl 10, though statistically, anything you do on those characters will be measured the moment your toon hits the armory.

For example, it will take into account if you are level 10 with only 2 killing blows, and draw that to attention.

Just thought I'd say that in case anyone wanted to waste time cheating lol
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
It is true that toons will not appear until lvl 10, though statistically, anything you do on those characters will be measured the moment your toon hits the armory.

For example, it will take into account if you are level 10 with only 2 killing blows, and draw that to attention.

Just thought I'd say that in case anyone wanted to waste time cheating lol
I believe that ratio has a minimum ground of about 80% (iirc), but is "finnagled" some at lower levels. You would have to contact the guy who wrote the site to get the specifics.

Regardless, yes, it is tracked and "taggable" if it is outside certain "acceptible" perameters.
Reply Quote
31 Night Elf Druid
Hmmm, just realized that The Venture Co is a Role Play server as well.

Glad I realized this before I created a character as I'd hate to find myself in the middle of some bitter, venomous role play drama once again.

Is this going to cause a problem with your role play community?

Looks like I need to find a more RP acceptable name.
Reply Quote
6 Blood Elf Rogue
/sigh...me again :-(

I'm confused and need clarification on "consumables" please.

Bandages are "consumable", but we can train first aid, so I'm assuming they are permitted to be consumed. A consumable that does not buff is allowed.

My question then is; What about healing potions? They do not buff, so are they allowed? Also, eating food that does NOT buff, to regain health? Allowed?

I am refraining from ALL consumables until I hear a definitive ruling! :-)

Reply Quote
6 Blood Elf Rogue
Posted by Ironworgen

Glad I realized this before I created a character as I'd hate to find myself in the middle of some bitter, venomous role play drama once again.

VeCo is pretty laid back about names as long as they aren't too bad, which yours is not. I don't think you will have a problem unless you jump into an RP situation and grief. :-)

Edited to add who I was responding too, stupid quote feature failure. :-(
Edited by Powdered on 2/28/2012 12:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
02/19/2012 04:39 PMPosted by Elyssah
"I here by understand and agree to abide by the rules of the VeCo Iron Man Elite Challenge. I understand that any violation of these rules will result in the disqualification of my character from the Challenge, and multiple violations will result in my forfeiture of all participation.

Thorandir, dwarf rogue
Edited by Lamondra on 2/28/2012 1:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
02/28/2012 12:36 PMPosted by Lamondra
"I here by understand and agree to abide by the rules of the VeCo Iron Man Elite Challenge. I understand that any violation of these rules will result in the disqualification of my character from the Challenge, and multiple violations will result in my forfeiture of all participation.

Feviri night elf rogue, will post again once I can get her avatar on forums.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

Bandages are "consumable", but we can train first aid, so I'm assuming they are permitted to be consumed. A consumable that does not buff is allowed.

My question then is; What about healing potions? They do not buff, so are they allowed? Also, eating food that does NOT buff, to regain health? Allowed?

From the "original" rules, bandages (as part and parcel of 1st Aid) were good. Potions/flasks and elixirs were unuseable. An exception was made for any such potion, etc. that was required for quest completion. Such items that were part of a quest reward were no good.

As for "other consumables" vendor quality (i.e. "white/grey") food and drink were all that were allowed. Anything more than that were disallowed.

Keep in mind, that was from the "original" IMC and may have changd some here, but...

The website they're using to help "track" compliance does check for a number of specific "consumable" violations and will flag you as "DQ" if you use even one.

The best advice I would give anyone (non-officially, of course) is "if in doubt, don't do it". Use is cause for DQ even if "accidental".

Edit: If you look on page 1, read Rule #2 and see if that covers it for you.
Edited by Aberzombie on 2/28/2012 1:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
/sigh...me again :-(

I will go back and clarify the rules to reflect, but Aberzombie is correct, bandages are ok. Food and drink that do NOT give buffs are ok. Healing or mana potions are NOT ok.
------------------------------------------------

I doubt anyone will give you trouble over your name, however it DOES flag you as a Contestant to any and everyone. Might be something to keep in mind should you make a misstep and end up rerolling.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
02/28/2012 01:55 PMPosted by Elyssah
I will go back and clarify the rules to reflect
We did a LOT of this during the genesis of the "original" IMC. It's an "occupational" hazard. Don't sweat it much.

As a note, if you're going to be online this evening I would like to talk to you privately about something specific regarding your contest. I've mentioned exploits before and there's a "doozie" I think you should know about.

I will be happy to roll something on your server this evening, just to talk.

I live in the US Central Time Zone. What might be a good time to talk, if you're interested?
Reply Quote
Logging on now, if you don't mind visiting.

I don't mind rewording or clarifying stuff. Rather do it now than have it come up later and become a problem.

I DO recommend that everyone take time to re-read the rules along with the Q&A section since both got a nice update prior to start-time. Being found "in a group" no longer means instant DQ, but it DOES mean that we'll end up watching you closely. There are other ways to make sure that you aren't receiving outside assistance.

I am also running a character myself under the same rules to give a baseline/control estimate for leveling speed and other variables, so observers can make a fair and knowledgeable judgement should it come up.
Edited by Elyssah on 2/28/2012 2:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
02/28/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Elyssah
Logging on now, if you don't mind visiting.
I do this posting at work and don't have access to the game.

Edit: It won't be till some time after 7:00 p.m. Central time before I'm available.
Edited by Aberzombie on 2/28/2012 2:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ah bummer. Well I should be on this evening on one of my characters. Feel free to prod a guildie for which ever one I am on at the time. Or, if you are so inclined, you can PM me through my guild's website at guardians.guildlaunch.com . Which ever is more convenient for you.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
02/28/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Elyssah
I am also running a character myself under the same rules to give a baseline/control estimate for leveling speed and other variables, so observers can make a fair and knowledgeable judgement should it come up.
In my view, this isn't a good idea. Everyone has different speeds at which they level... I know it was more then possible to hit max level in vanilla rather quickly, though I myself never did it, doesn't mean it was impossible. If anything, I see this only causing problems if someone levels too fast for the liking of the observers with no actual reason to disqualify someone.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
02/28/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Elyssah
Which ever is more convenient for you.
Looks like in-game would be best. I'll roll there and try to get someone's attention.

Is there some sort of "recognition code" or something you would like me to use?
Edited by Aberzombie on 2/28/2012 2:42 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]