Simple yet effective Fix for LFR Needers

(Locked)

85 Night Elf Rogue
I just wanted to comment on the recent LFR changes done recently.
If an item drops twice from the same mob/boss, one single player can roll need twice on the loot but can only win it once.
This is great news, however I think it doesn't go the extra mile to cover for even loot distribution. I have seen mostly undergeared, or PVP geared toons taking home 3-5 pieces of gear from a single run, while others looking for just 1-2 items in LFR, go back home with nothing.

How about expanding this fix a little bit more? For example: Player One has his first time in LFR, out of 4 item drops, he can roll need on one of them. He wins the item agains 6 other players with a total 191 roll. Next Boss is also defeated, Player one rolls again on another drop that he can use, however now, his roll bonus is reduced by 20 points, because he already won 1 item.
For each subsequent need roll from Player One, everytime he rolls need and wins something, his maximum roll bonus is reduced by 20 points. This will discourage other people from rolling need on gear they already have just for the sake of trading items for something they really want.

Player One Max Roll on first drop for main spec: 100+100 = 200
Assuming he won one item already in this LFR lockout,

Player One Max Roll on second drop for main spec: 100+80 = 180
Assuming he won two items already in this LFR lockout,

Player One Max Roll on third drop for main spec: 100+60 = 160

This system requires some coding changes on the server side, but I believe it does make loot distribution more even through the LFR raiding group.

Can this be implemented ?
85 Worgen Warrior
QQ I didn't get the loot I wanted. You guys just need to get over the loot thing. I wish cause of all the crying and moaning going on about LFR loot they just took the loot out of LFR completely and just make it drop Transmog Gear or something. Or just give VP and that is all, then go buy your gear from the VP Vendor.

I heard this one time before LFR was created people were crying they didn't see all the content... Now they get to see all the content so they are crying they dont get loot. Next they will fix it so everyone gets loot and then cry why it isn't Heroic Mode Gear Level Loot.

Thats awesome you have all LFR gear or better but a ring and trinket and you are going to QQ about not getting loot from LFR... /facepalm
Edited by Grosh on 2/20/2012 12:06 PM PST
So your loot bonus goes down after one win?

/leave group...

Enjoy your long re queue times. Stop worrying about other people winning loot.
85 Worgen Warrior
Bavra he needs his Trinket and Ring so he can stop doing LFR cause he's gotten everything else they he needs in the place and simply wants those two pieces so he can be done...

Greedy?

or

Rightfully Deserves It?
Edited by Grosh on 2/20/2012 12:15 PM PST
02/20/2012 12:15 PMPosted by Grosh
Rightfully Deserves It?

This obviously. He's put in his time and is sick of other people taking his loot before he can get it.
85 Tauren Druid
Heaven forbid you don't get all the gear you need.

Dragonspine Trophy says hi.
90 Orc Warrior
Remove trading items, and many issues would go away.

A lot of people need items for the bargaining power they have. I'm sure most of us have experienced winning an item, and receiving whispers about trading it for something they have.

It would also eliminate people gaining loot advantage by bringing friends, needing everything, and trading amongst themselves.

Sure you couldn't trade the item if you accidentally take something you don't need, but for LFR it seems worth that sacrifice.

Here is a flaw with your proposed system by the way... What if the 1 item you need drops off the first boss? At that point no one will have been able to obtain a roll advantage.
Edited by Digitalkill on 2/20/2012 12:34 PM PST
90 Worgen Hunter
Fix? I did not know anything was broken. I mean, I got to see the content, right?
85 Worgen Warrior
Content = Loot now though...

Before LFR

I want to see content = Kill Rag

After LFR

I want to see content = GIVE ME PURPLES!!!!!!!
90 Orc Shaman
02/20/2012 11:57 AMPosted by Kahjuruh
This is great news, however I think it doesn't go the extra mile to cover for even loot distribution.

Your problem is that you think they're after even loot distribution.

They aren't.
85 Tauren Druid
02/20/2012 12:31 PMPosted by Digitalkill

No, people will keep on needing, the only difference being that they won't be able to give the item to someone else.

Hell, people hit need now just to be jackwads, do you think that removing trading is going to end that?
1 Draenei Priest
If you're so concerned about loot, why not do actual raiding?

LFR was originally meant so that casuals could see the [badly written] story. Oddly enough, because they decided to include loot that is better than last tier's, it's nothing more than a RNG welfare loot machine that causes numerous complaints because everyone seems to feel that they're entitled to loot. Oh how I wish for the old days when people didn't just have to hit a button to queue and proceed to drool over their keyboards for 20 minutes while they waited for the rest of the raid to kill the boss that effectively just stood there.
85 Dwarf Warrior
so, if I win loot, I should leave and rejoin to reset my role roll bonus?
46 Gnome Warlock
No loot is deserved in LFR. You show up you get a chance at loot. Thats it. A chance.
My Dk is 397 average ilvl and he needs one piece (a ring) You just run in and hope for the best. I have alts that dont need much either. Here is my theory for LFR.

Hit que.
Hit accept.
Expect nothing.
No dissapointment.
Happy when you win something.

Loot doesnt bother me in LFR. What bothers me about LFR is the people that dont bother gem or enchant their gear or come in with all pvp gear. More and more people are doing this.
90 Orc Warrior
Posted by Digitalkill

No, people will keep on needing, the only difference being that they won't be able to give the item to someone else.

Hell, people hit need now just to be jackwads, do you think that removing trading is going to end that?

I still think it would resolve some problems. But you are right, people will be people (aka "jackwads"), so it wouldn't fix everything.
1 Draenei Priest
I love reading these threads. The people who argued that their 15 dollars is worth just as much as a raiders so they should be able to see every bit of content are back.. now complaining that people who don't have time to farm gold and enchant their gear shouldn't win loot :( It's not his fault he's got a 4 wives and 30 kids! He doesn't have time to go and farm gold! He pays the same amount of money as you and is entitled to everything that you are, deal with it.
Edited by Ryngianix on 2/20/2012 6:37 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
LFR should have dropped 378 gear and the T13 bonuses should have been reduced in power if not all 2/4 pieces were 397.
85 Human Paladin
What part about random don't you people get.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/random
Click the adjective tab (yep, it's not a noun, it's an adjective. A word used to describe things, in this case the loot rules.)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]