SoulDrinker tank item or not

85 Worgen Mage
Souldrinker is a tanking item helping to heal the tanks and to help healers keep the rest of the party up with the mana they save from its heals on the tank.
So why is ret pallys able to roll on this item? Thats easy its listed as a DPS item but yet they can use it for dps. So how do we fix it? That is also a easy fix buy making it a tanking item for the best reason of all if heals dont have to heal the tank as much then they have the mana to keep up the rest of the raid/and or party. This item is not only Best in Slot for tanks but healers love there tanks for having them and also the 2nd best reason is that Ret pallys CANT use it for the dps set.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
02/22/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Overloâd
This item is not only Best in Slot for tanks
You see..the LFR Souldrinker is almost the worst weapon you can get for tanking.

403/416 Souldrinkers are amazing, but LFR Souldrinker is awful beyond belief.

By the way, it doesn't save healer mana as much as you think. Healers would have to change the way they heal tanks in order to see a mana difference, and sporadic 6k heals aren't a big enough reason.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
it's both a tank and a dps item.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
it is BiS for frost DKs and SMF warriors which is why its also a DPS item.

the only reason ret paladins can roll on it is because the system only considers 3 things. the armor type(plate, mail, ect), your class and what role box you checked(dps/heal/tank). those are the 3 ways that can be used to determine who can roll on an item. Ret paladins are DPS and paladin. you cannot restrict paladins from rolling because its also a tank weapon and you can restrict DPS from rolling because its a DPS weapon, thus ret paladins being able to role on it is an unfortunate side effect from this current limitation of the system.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Souldrinkers "healing return" isn't enough to make or break any encounter to be honest it's not as if my healer can fall asleep because i'm using one...

arguablely there are many many weapons that are better then LFR Souldrinker for tanking.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Souldrinkers "healing return" isn't enough to make or break any encounter to be honest it's not as if my healer can fall asleep because i'm using one...

arguablely there are many many weapons that are better then LFR Souldrinker for tanking.

... Such as?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I tried last night to use souldrinker while tanking Baleroc.

nothing impressive happens. it doesnt seem to care about the fact that I have over 1 million hp.

bug or intended? it says "maximum health" on it.

@Nicephorus: hand of morchok (check my armory).
Edited by Robokapp on 2/22/2012 2:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
I believe people are either dense or they truly don't know about the current loot rules in LFR. It's based on ROLE - DPS, Healer, or Tank. It doesn't matter if it's a Boomkin rolling on Wrath of Unchaining, they get the roll bonus if they're a DPS role.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
thats because they think its "roll bonus" instead of what it is which is "ROLE bonus"

02/22/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Robokapp

not really an option for LFR goers. the option would be w/e the 378 tank weapon from HoT heroics.
Edited by Superbleeder on 2/22/2012 2:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior

Soul drinker can indeed break a fight. Alysrazor for example can be broken. The damage part is modified by the hatchling debuff and it heals 3 times that. I was able to get 70k crit heals from my soul drinker. 1000% damage buff to that sword is 3000% healing buff. My healers could indeed fall asleep till burn phase.

Now Firelands might be old content but nothing was this broken AND working as intended with weapons from the same expansion.

Lastly(@op), I'd like to say LFR soul drinker is a wasted slot on the loot table. It isn't a tank or dps weapon. It is simply a weapon!
Edited by Shõgun on 2/22/2012 2:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
it is BiS for SMF warriors which is why its also a DPS item.

No it isn't. Hand of Morchok is BiS for SMF.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
thats because they think its "roll bonus" instead of what it is which is "ROLE bonus"

not really an option for LFR goers. the option would be w/e the 378 tank weapon from HoT heroics.

Pretty sure any 10 awake people can go kill Machamp, so it is an option for anyone.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
02/22/2012 02:21 PMPosted by Lukar
it is BiS for SMF warriors which is why its also a DPS item.

No it isn't. Hand of Morchok is BiS for SMF.

there is no LFR hand of morchoc.

02/22/2012 02:21 PMPosted by Djami
Pretty sure any 10 awake people can go kill Machamp, so it is an option for anyone.

there are people that have no interest in progressing past LFR. i mean you could go do heroic madness and get heroic souldrinkers, why havnt you?
Reply Quote
88 Human Warrior
02/22/2012 02:18 PMPosted by Shõgun
Soul drinker can indeed break a fight. Alysrazor for example can be broken. The damage part is modified by the hatchling debuff and it heals 3 times that. I was able to get 70k crit heals from my soul drinker. 1000% damage buff to that sword is 3000% healing buff. My healers could indeed fall asleep till burn phase

This explains why I kept getting "heals" even though the healers weren't casting whenever I got the bleed last week. Interesting factoid.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
02/22/2012 02:08 PMPosted by Superbleeder

378 weapons from HoT heroics are easily better than LFR Souldrinker for tanking. Just like any 2 hander from this expansion is better than Gurthulak for DK tanking.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest

378 weapons from HoT heroics are easily better than LFR Souldrinker for tanking. Just like any 2 hander from this expansion is better than Gurthulak for DK tanking.

im talking about dps not tanking. either way, hand of morchoc is not an option for either tanking or DPS, and the fact that its not the best you can have really doesn't exclude someone from wanting it or needing it.
Edited by Superbleeder on 2/22/2012 2:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior

... Such as?

Any 378 tanking weapon from FL or the new 5-mans.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

... Such as?

Beths sword outta FL, mace off first boss in WoE, Umm Morchocks Mace lets see... a stick?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

Soul drinker can indeed break a fight. Alysrazor for example can be broken. The damage part is modified by the hatchling debuff and it heals 3 times that. I was able to get 70k crit heals from my soul drinker. 1000% damage buff to that sword is 3000% healing buff. My healers could indeed fall asleep till burn phase.

Now Firelands might be old content but nothing was this broken AND working as intended with weapons from the same expansion.

Lastly(@op), I'd like to say LFR soul drinker is a wasted slot on the loot table. It isn't a tank or dps weapon. It is simply a weapon!

In my defense i haven't gone anywhere near Firelands since DS came out
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]