Worst tanks?

Lowest Threat.
Takes the most damage.
Lowest amount of CD's.
Long CD's.
Overall not liked by healers.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
This is so weird, its like I've seen this before...

DEJA VU?

THEY CHANGED THE MATRIX RUN!!!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
He is ctc capped. And he's really difficult to heal. Not impossible, but healing our DK tank is much much easier. With only the one CD it makes it tough in tight situations.
Edited by Zusie on 2/22/2012 3:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
My healers have no issues with me, any my threat/dtps is far more than fine. Our cooldowns are also the opposite of long, although I can't disagree with the overall shortage of them.

What are you specifically having issues with? Generic QQ isn't going to get you any help.
Edited by Dellingr on 2/22/2012 4:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
It saddens me that it's a female Draenei posting this.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
For the current tier i guess? idk i dont raid. But i usually get compliments at the end of heroics
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/22/2012 03:35 PMPosted by Kranik
Crit block is awesome, Ctc capped warriors are epic.

Impale, Void Bolt, and Focused Assault say hi.

The weakness of prot warriors this tier has a lot more to do with the terrible design of DS than with the class itself.
Edited by Muspel on 2/22/2012 4:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Impale, Void Bolt, and Focused Assault say hi.
Impale is hardly a difficult mechanic to mitigate, especially with Shield Wall at 2 min.

It hits for 1.2 million on heroic. The issue isn't Shield Wall, it's that Shield Block doesn't mitigate it, unlike Barkskin/Bone Shield/Divine Protection.

EDIT: That being said... which encounter(s) are you having trouble with, OP? It's likely that we can offer advice on cooldown rotations to help you survive better. The only fight where warriors are completely screwed is Yor'sajh 25-man heroic, honestly. On the rest of the "anti-warrior" fights, it's just a moderate disadvantage.
Edited by Muspel on 2/22/2012 4:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
It hits for 1.2 million on heroic.
Sorry, I missed the part where OP is on heroic Madness.

... ah.. wait.

Neither am I. That doesn't mean it's not a design problem that Blizzard decided to implement terrible fight mechanics this tier.

EDIT: Derail it? He was never asking for specific advice for his situation, but rather discussing a common complaint of warriors in Dragon Soul.
Edited by Muspel on 2/22/2012 4:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
It's cool, next tuesday my raid comp will allow me to tank it. :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/22/2012 04:20 PMPosted by Dellingr
It's cool, next tuesday my raid comp will allow me to tank it. :D

Remember, bosses in Cata won't burst hard enough for EH to be a meaningful consideration in tank selection. It'll take the boss 6-8 swings to kill you from full health, and the healers will really need to push themselves in order to top you off.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
I have 1 mitigation CD, whilst other tanks have at least 3. I see a problem.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
02/22/2012 04:29 PMPosted by Poontank

I see unicorns.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Shield block is a mitigation cooldown (granted, it doesn't work on some mechanics, but it works on anything magical/blockable) and druids also only have 2 mit cooldowns. Again, generic QQ doesn't help anyone.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Wait.

What's the third mitigation cooldown that I'm missing? Or a DK for that matter (since IBF and Bone Shield are the two).
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Army, AMS.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]