Do you ever just look around at stuff?

90 Goblin Rogue
So I was bored and just walking around org looking at stuff when I found this hut that was just chocked full of unsecured weapons, my theory was it was going to be a VP vendor or something like the way dalaran was set up.

Either way I just thought it was cool and the first thought that entered my mind when I walked in there noticed no one was around was, hmmmmm I should take that nice one for myself (because there was a nice rifle towards the back), and take out all the firing pins in the rest. :D

So does anyone else just look around and find weird stuff and think hmmmm...?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
sooooooo i take it thats a no huh?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I solo Kara and look at the paintings closely and the little details like the decorations and the furnature etc. I read what the NPCs in there have to say. It's kind of fun to just take your time and enjoy the work that goes into things in the game sometimes.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Yes. Ambiance is a big part of enjoyment for me.
Reply Quote
70 Human Priest
I've been guilty of that in a lot of areas ... the paintings and posters that decorate some areas are interesting.

Some of my favorite poking around spots have been Gilneas starting areas, Area 52, old Tanaris, Old Feralas, Winterspring, Dalaran ...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Yep. Sometimes I like to just hang out and look at areas; Nagrand in particular. I like to appreciate all the work they put into each zone.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
All the time, one of my favorite things about Warcraft is the scenery. Just the other day I was wandering around the Dire Maul area after finishing off an Archaeology node when I came across a patch of ruin with an Ogre and a cooking pot.

There was a man with a shaft stuck through his chest sitting in the boiling cooking pot, one of the more morbid bits I've observed.

02/23/2012 11:43 AMPosted by Peacebloòm
It's kind of fun to just take your time and enjoy the work that goes into things in the game sometimes.

Isn't it though? I love going back and soloing old instances and raids, lets me take my time and really explore and take it all in.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 2/23/2012 11:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
15 Blood Elf Hunter
All the time, one of my favorite things about Warcraft is the scenery. Just the other day I was wandering around the Dire Maul area after finishing off an Archaeology node when I came across a patch of ruin with an Ogre and a cooking pot.There was a man with a shaft stuck through his chest sitting in the boiling cooking pots, one of the more morbid bits I've observed.

Oh I saw that the other day! I killed an ogre and made him fall backwards onto it >.>

Anyway, some stuff I notice are like in Grizzly Hills. There are animals there doing what animals do. We constantly see wolves killing animals like that, but also in the rivers bears are catching fish.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Is this usually followed by munchies?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
One night after a raid I decided to attempt to climb down Ulduar's exterior, from the peak of the roof to the summoning stone. I died once (just missed a ledge) but along the way I found all sorts of interesting nooks and crannies to explore. Exploring can be fun.
Reply Quote
25 Tauren Priest
I actually just did this leveling a new alt. My quest took me to a cottage used as a forsaken base. Next to the bed is a chamber pot. I didnt think undead needed pots so I investigated and sure enough, there are floaters.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
02/23/2012 12:18 PMPosted by Arryk
Exploring can be fun.

Indeed, there are lots of out of the way little corners to find and enjoy. People forget this in an age of sitting in SW/Orig waiting for a queue.
Reply Quote
70 Human Paladin
There have been a lot of GREAT areas in WoW, both around the world and in instances.

Two of my most favored instances in Vanilla were Strat and Scholomance. Scholo more-so because of the chilling story behind it. It took me forever to get my trinket to talk to the dead there, but it was worth it!

One of my favorite raid zones was Naxx-40. The ambiance and story and music were just absolutely incredible. That's the one place in the game, over the last 7+ years of playing, that I played with the music and sound effects on.

The other great place was Karazhan -- beautifully crafted and great ambiance, huge sweeping hallways and chambers.

For Lich King, the DK starting area was amazing, and I always recommend that people go through that at least once.

For out in the world type stuff, I always liked Blackrock Mountain because of the way everything sort of integrates there. There's a place for U/L BRS, BRD, BWD, BWL, and MC; it just fits.

And last, but not least, Duskwood. I can still remember the first time I ran down there after spending most of my time in bright and mostly cheerful Elwyn Forest and Redridge. Crossing that bridge and seeing the light slowly fade, the creepy spiders and animals, and the music and sound effects was awesome. Fighting the world dragon there was a cool experience too.

The details are always great in Blizzard games.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
02/23/2012 12:15 PMPosted by Zeekarai
Is this usually followed by munchies?

I giggled.

But seriously, I do as well. The world is well constructed and interesting if you don't skim over it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
All the time, and every where I go in game I'm checkin' out everything. I will always love the detail, and art work in this game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I always wander around looking at the little things in game.

You find some very surprising details when you do!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
All the time. One of the upsides of RP servers; no one thinks it's strange. :)
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I also enjoy just wandering around Azeroth sometimes simply to discover and explore all of the little “touches” the World of Warcraft art team puts into making the world look lived in. The prop team does a fantastic job fleshing out all the various nooks and crannies with everything from a plethora of exotic foods to chests, furniture, vehicles, decorations, and more. On more than one occasion I’ve run around Dalaran trying to see every curious (and sometimes downright amusing) painting hanging discretely in the inns and shops in around the city. For how much time I spent in those places, it’s amazing what you miss if you aren’t looking closely.

What I especially appreciate, however, is the sheer variety of creative touches the art team puts inside dungeons such as the Botanica. Those touches really help to visually relay the story of what took place within the depths of each particular dungeon.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]