Shouldn't have to come to this

85 Goblin Hunter
Guys, what the hell happened to World PvP on this server?
Back in WotLK, you'd go outside Dalaran and get smashed every few mins, or go outside Org, and there's an alliance raid party trying to start sh!t. This server was interesting!
Since Cata, most players have resorted to spending most of their time inside capital cities, hiding away from WPvP waiting for BG or Dungeon queues.

In my opinion, this is stupid and boring.

Rather than suggesting the Tuesday night Halaa as a remedy (Not going to suggest due to number of people arriving home from work quite late and missing the action) How about a Sunday Night Melee, so nobody has an excuse not to be there? This would be quite fun and could possibly rejuvenate people's interest in World PvP/Ganking. I think that this is/was the most fun aspect of the game

Please make some suggestions as to the location of the event. I was thinking of Hellfire Peninsula. Possibly still Halaa, so people can farm tokens needed for their Dark War Talbuks.

There's no objective, just mindless killing, some fun to be had and some enjoyability to be instilled back into the game.

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
no thanks
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
No Dice?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/23/2012 11:06 PMPosted by Reverix
How about a Sunday Night Melee, so nobody has an excuse not to be there?

I can think of many excuses for not logging onto a computer game. You probs can't though.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
02/23/2012 11:53 PMPosted by Hamurabi
How about a Sunday Night Melee, so nobody has an excuse not to be there?

I can think of many excuses for not logging onto a computer game. You probs can't though.

You're quite good at making me feel bad about myself there Ham! No I probs cant tbh. You're either gonna be there or you're not. I don't care either way.

Why not just not be a wet blanket?
Reply Quote
60 Orc Death Knight
Come back next expansion for the ground mount only level grind, Wintergrasp 3.0 and some daily quest zones that people will do for a few weeks before they get bored of it and completely abandon the areas.

It's the only time world pvp is relevant.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
See, nobody's even willing to make an effort, which is why this game is so dead.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/24/2012 12:23 AMPosted by Rekt
ground mount only

pretty much this. flying mounts mean no one ever encounters people on roads anymore. and if you fly past someone there is not many ways to dismount them
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
I see where you're coming from.

I'm trying to make this game more enjoyable for myself and the wider community via this. WPvP is dying out and less and less people are playing. Krixooks and myself (Mainly Krixooks) used to organize these types of events and they were generally well received (This is Cata btw) yet now, a few months later there's no interest at all?

Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
We used to have Sunday night battles in the Barrens all the time. They died out due to people not being able to log on in time for the battle, one faction arriving much earlier than the other and getting bored and going back to cities, people running RBGs on Sunday nights, and the ridiculous amount of ongoing drama/abuse caused by certain players discouraged people from attending.

Halaa battles were successful until this patch/new season came out & people started losing interest. Quite simply, there are better things to do in the game at the moment than mindless killing. You'll find that, currently, people are still more interested in capping their weekly valor/conq points & earning rating in either arena or rbgs than going out into some random location for some world pvp. These battles will pick up towards the end of the season when people have nothing else to do again. Its still not hard to start small-scale events with a group of friends though. E.g: Go & camp the Twilight Highlands portal with a small group & see how many friends the poor alliance toon you're repeatedly killing brings along. Usually turns into a pretty decent spontaneous fight.
Edited by Naksi on 2/24/2012 1:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
WPvP is dead, not dying.

World of Warcraft is game focused on completing instanced content with a group of similar skilled / interested players. Almost all game development is made in this design philosophy.

Its been this way since TBC was launched. The persistent world ideology was lost a long time ago.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Mage
WPvP Alive and kicking, people who say it's dead are the ones in the cities.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
Ham, that's a much more philosophical approach. Something better received than:

I will now thank you for your input
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I can probs think of many things you can't, including reasons to go outside and philosophy
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
02/24/2012 02:16 AMPosted by Blazingling
WPvP Alive and kicking, people who say it's dead are the ones in the cities.

Group with me now, let's go cause trouble
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
02/24/2012 02:21 AMPosted by Hamurabi
I can probs think of many things you can't, including reasons to go outside and philosophy

Congratulations, I'm very glad you have the capacity to think
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
02/23/2012 11:06 PMPosted by Reverix
How about a Sunday Night Melee

Sorry, but WPvP is really only successful when its spontaneous, organized WPvP is too boring for the simple fact that its organized, i remember the early days of Tol Barad when you would be going about your quests then BAM, smashed by a group of horde, which then evolved into 40v40. That is the kind of WPvP we need, not this organized crap.
Reply Quote
organised wPvP, in the main, sucks.

i have murdered 9,321 Horde in wPvP this year alone, just by hunting them down. i am a Hunter. spontaneous wPvP is the best by far.

you have to remember tha most people on Barth are PvE nerds and don't like to wonder far from cities. gold seems so easy to get, people hardly do dailies.

Blizz needs to introduce a random world event on the hour every hour.
Edited by Saralondé on 2/24/2012 9:53 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]